Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

All Ireland Senior Football Championship Final 2020 Mayo v Dublin MOD NOTE POST #1

• 19-12-2020 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭

Mod Note:
    This thread is only for discussing the SFC Final. It's not to be used to discuss Dublin's dominance of the football championship or any changes in the GAA as a result. There are two threads for these topics:
    Changes in the GAA
    The Dominance of Dublin GAA

Also please ensure you read the charter before posting. Specifically the part about abuse and trolling. Abuse of other posters, players (regardless of what they do or have done), managers, referees etc. is not permitted and will be sanctioned. Abuse of players includes, but is not limited to, terms like thug, scum(bag), dirtbag, rat etc. So if you engage in abuse of anyone before, during or after the match and get sanctioned, you have absolutely no excuse.

Please report any posts that cross the line and a mod will get to it in time. This thread is generally exceptionally busy during the game and mods are generally watching it so it may take a while to action some posts.

The GAA championship comes to a climax today in Croke Park at 17.00 when Dublin will be aiming for a 6 in row.

Can Mayo end 69 years of heartbreak?

Let's all sit back and hopefully enjoy a competitive contest in the year that was marked by Covid 19.

A massive thank you to the players not just today but throughout this long year for bringing us so much joy and entertainment.

Mayo v Dublin Venue: Croke Park @ 17.00

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

dublin_crest_copy.png

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Oh to be stuck at the lights at Hanlons Corner with tickets in the phoca and looking forward to walking onto the Hill or the Hogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Mayo probably bottle it again

• Registered Users Posts: 8,259 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40193160.html

Good lord, that’s some annihilation

Mayo probably bottle it again

Are you trolling now Fr.??

Pitch is looking pretty cut up today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 517 ✭✭✭benji79

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Pitch is looking pretty cut up today.

It is. But plenty good enough for a football game in December. Once the ball can hop I don’t think it will make a huge difference.
    Hurling obviously today would be a different story with players trying to pick a ball off surface

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭CtevenSrowder

Jaysus the GAAGO stream has some serious sound-boost

• Registered Users Posts: 14,991 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Are you trolling now Fr.??

Yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭dzsfah2xoynme9

Hon Mayo

From a Limerick man.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Dublin haven’t had a game yet, how will new management fare if Mayo put it up to us. Mayo being such huge underdogs may level out their usual final nerves

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Better from Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,416 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

At least Mayo have gotten it level but still time for Mayo to lose it. I know the gaa have said that the cups aren’t leaving the stadium but how could they not allow Mayo take home a trophy the have t won I’m nearly seventy years.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

Why was the main thread locked ffs.

Dubs will win this by as many as they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭French Toast

Early days but they seem up for it, in fairness.

13 seconds, what the hell were we doing. Worst possible start

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Some start to the match

I'd definitely do away with pawing the ball into the net from a handpass..

I love fisted goals from long kicks but pawing it in from a short handpass turns me cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Where is Lee Keegan playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Good response by Mayo.

But it would be so typical for Dublin to win by 2-3 points and that early goal will be the hard luck story.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭formerlyET

Good response by Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 15,279 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Gaa man from the cradle but couldn’t give a damn watching this charade

Dublin have absolutely crazy population advantages and disgusting “financial doping” on their side

Shame on the gaa HQ for allowing this - they have completely RUINED a once great sport

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

Coldrick handing Dublin soft frees. Shock horror.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

lawred2 wrote: »
    Some start to the match

I'd definitely do away with pawing the ball into the net from a handpass..

I love fisted goals from long kicks but pawing it in from a short handpass turns me cold.

It's brutal. Even if you could only strike with one hand. Palming it is effectively throwing it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,563 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

Dublin look a little lazy minded for some reason

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Lots of handling mistakes on both sides

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Some very sloppy play from Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,953 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Some dreadful passing by both teams.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Gaa man from the cradle but couldn’t give a damn watching this charade

Dublin have absolutely crazy population advantages and disgusting “financial doping” on their side

Shame on the gaa HQ for allowing this - they have completely RUINED a once great sport

They've always had the population advantage, so that's moot. The other one, well, that's another argument.

Anyway, I'd love a rule where only x amount of hand passes in a row can happen and once you go beyond the 45 / 65you can't pass it back beyond the line

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

dobman88 wrote: »
    Why was the main thread locked ffs.

Dubs will win this by as many as they want.

Because there is a match thread for this one - I'll open it again afterwards

Sorry I was late, a clown in London had my attention for a while

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,415 ✭✭✭generalgerry

Where is Lee Keegan playing?

Left corner back.

• Advertisement

Is it Oisin Mullin who has his hair in a bun?

Advertisement