Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The outbreak in Wexford is a disgrace

• 18-12-2020 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭

I think, as the situation develops more and more, that this warrants a separate thread

Mods; please merge if it doesn't

via Reddit Ireland. All from regular posters on there:
    There was a massive funeral in Ramsgrange village in which over 150 people attended it, it went on for three days and the pub had a marquee and everything. A factory in Wexford town closed yesterday due to 6 confirmed cases in it.

Sorry, but what the actual fcuk?

Close this kip down now and put the Publican in prison if this turns out to be true
    Was passing the testing centre in Whitemill this morning & it was absolutely packed with cars.

Easily 3-4 times more than any day I've seen it since this started so I'd imagine there's more to come from this cluster

And this
    We haven't learned to live with it and the sense of collective punishment for the action of idiots like that funeral goer in Wexford (who will face no consequences) is real.

Every lifting of lockdown is like alcoholics breaking out as people rush to pubs and restaurants.

NPHET are throwing up the Restrictions without any enforcement whatsoever from the government of them

A 3 day Wake with a fcuking marquee out the back of the pub? There is something very wrong with this country and it's drinking culture

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,172 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

Why are you surprised?

The 0001% are ruining it for the the rest.

Without a vaccine we are in lockdowns permanently because of these absolute morons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Why are you surprised?

The 0001% are ruining it for the the rest.

Without a vaccine we are in lockdowns permanently because of these absolute morons.

It's a lot higher a % than that

There's maybe 20% nationwide acting the bollix if you include under 20s at house parties

A justice system with no balls. These are the very people who complain when more restrictions are brought in.
    As for that Publican...licence revoked and made close down.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

People are losing jobs, it's not killing what they say... No flu this year, what would the deaths be if there were .....

Lives and businesses are ruined.....

Hospitals aren't prepared and still aren't, all I've seen is money pissed out to private individuals to provide beds etc and nobody even used them....

Up the amount of ICU beds across the country and start looking after the vulnerable.

I know not the end of the world but waiting months to get a dentist appointment, tooth broke up only filling left and I'm in agony, can't get a spot anywhere, I'm sure it's infected now too. Tooth will now have to come out as it's that bad. Pain killers not much help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,172 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    It's a lot higher a % than that

There's maybe 20% nationwide acting the bollix if you include under 20s at house parties

Not having 3 day benders with marquees!!

Although maybe. Nothing surprises me these days.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

It's beyond me why they brought in masks in retail settings. Close down shops and punish them... Yet they won't put heavy fines onto people breaking restrictions.

Not having 3 day benders with marquees!!

Oh definitely not 20% of the population doing that. We'd be like Wuhan in February if there was

But is there around 20% in this country acting the bollix in general? I think there is

Given its relative proximity to rosslare.....is this the new type covid which had been identified in south-east england last week??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭chooseusername

A justice system with no balls. These are the very people who complain when more restrictions are brought in.
    As for that Publican...licence revoked and made close down.
    By the time the publican does his stock-take
    and pays for the the 2 skips to take away the dirty nappies
    (that wouldn't flush down the blocked toilets)
    and the empty Aldi bottles and cans,
    there won't be much left in it for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Given its relative proximity to rosslare.....is this the new type covid which had been identified in south-east england last week??

Huh? South east England, south east Ireland

No, it’s as per the op - funeral and a planned piss up

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭Kraftwerk

Nothing will be done same as nothing was done about the other outbreaks related to pubs in wexford.

The pub owners will tell bare faced lies about what happened, the locals will pretend it's a thing of nothing and then nobody will give a **** in 2 weeks time.

According to regulars on Reddit Ireland, many of the 150 guests came from all over the world for the Wake

There's been talk about how appalling this outbreak is on there and on Twitter for a few days now

• Registered Users Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    I think, as the situation develops more and more, that this warrants a separate thread

Mods; please merge if it doesn't

via Reddit Ireland. All from regular posters on there:

Sorry, but what the actual fcuk?

Close this kip down now and put the Publican in prison if this turns out to be true

And this

NPHET are throwing up the Restrictions without any enforcement whatsoever from the government of them

A 3 day Wake with a fcuking marquee out the back of the pub? There is something very wrong with this country and it's drinking culture

That's not drinking culture, that's to do with how some freaks deal with death.

But you got your rant and the likes. Fair play to you.

vicwatson wrote: »
    Huh? South east England, south east Ireland

No, it’s as per the op - funeral and a planned piss up

As i said,proximity to rosslare europort (being main point of entry via ferry for majority of country)

Given the majority of irish emigrants living in england live in south-east england....its too early to rule out someone caught this on ferry coming home to funeral IMO

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 74,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Please stick to main thread for this sort of stuff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement