Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Champions League 20/21

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

Just missed, great competition, good luck to all left.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Great competition, and adds extra dynamic to the game - will be back next year if spot free.

GL to all, and thanks for organising McBain

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

So, it looks like

McBain vs ScummyMan
    ScorpionKing vs Green&Red

With CSF and DH2K9 receiving byes.

Good luck all

• Registered Users Posts: 32,825 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Putting it out there in advance, if I make a final I will be more than happy to at least discuss going splits on it to avoid both competitors feeling like they’ve to expend chips chasing the cash.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Was very happy to be in competition and had a good run considering i did sweet f all with my team for ages. (Family troubles.... PS did better when doing nothing, lessons to be learned there?)

Have not paid any attention to team last couple of years cos all leagues i used to be in a no go area for me for personal circumstances.

Joined McBain's LMS last year and this league this year and i want to thank McBain and all others last 2 years for not making an issue of my not joining other leagues which must have looked odd to people. Both leagues were well run and McBain putting in a huge effort for no gain for himself. I loved LMS last year but i think this one trumped it.

Good luck to all qualifiers and I hope to see you all next year as a new, competitive, beat-all-your asses Kathleen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭duefrine

Disappointed to be knocked out, but as others said, great league and really enjoyed it...

Thanks to McBain11 for running it, if you are running it again next season, count me in...

Good luck to all remaining players....

....... but worst of all I let myself down.

Can’t believe some of the admin you guys put in to it.

Fair play and thanks for doing it all.

Look forward to trying again next season and best of luck to all remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Was very happy to be in competition and had a good run considering i did sweet f all with my team for ages. (Family troubles.... PS did better when doing nothing, lessons to be learned there?)

Have not paid any attention to team last couple of years cos all leagues i used to be in a no go area for me for personal circumstances.

Joined McBain's LMS last year and this league this year and i want to thank McBain and all others last 2 years for not making an issue of my not joining other leagues which must have looked odd to people. Both leagues were well run and McBain putting in a huge effort for no gain for himself. I loved LMS last year but i think this one trumped it.

Good luck to all qualifiers and I hope to see you all next year as a new, competitive, beat-all-your asses Kathleen.

Not odd at all Kathleen, hope you felt welcomed, I think it’s a good forum for newcomers. Hopefully you’ll be back next year with better luck.
    Hope all is good with the family

Green&Red wrote: »
    Not odd at all Kathleen, hope you felt welcomed, I think it’s a good forum for newcomers. Hopefully you’ll be back next year with better luck.
    Hope all is good with the family

I did, yes. Next year i will have a new focus and new clarity.
    Family much the same but i am better. Just withdrawing myself from trying to play mediator and letting them at it.
    Happy Christmas to everyone here. If anyone is feeling down or lonely over Xmas I'll be here so don't struggle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Just a reminder that the 2 quarter final ties take place in fpl gw15 and fpl gw16, so it's all go again on St. Stephens Day. Best of luck to all involved.

Green&Red (The Slow Werners) vs Scorpion Sting (TheresOnlyWanBissaka)
    McBain11 (Calmwood MH) vs ScummyMan (Stranger Ings)

• Advertisement

Massive goal for you there McBain, just when I thought I was going to sneak a lead after the first leg

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Massive goal for you there McBain, just when I thought I was going to sneak a lead after the first leg

Big goal alright, was looking good for me with Mane getting chance after chance. Of course, Matip comes off 30 seconds shy of 60 mins played so no clean sheet points, and he was top of the bonus at that stage. Sometimes you just have to laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

McBain11 wrote: »
    Big goal alright, was looking good for me with Mane getting chance after chance. Of course, Matip comes off 30 seconds shy of 60 mins played so no clean sheet points, and he was top of the bonus at that stage. Sometimes you just have to laugh.

Well Matip gets 7 points which is 5 more than Robbo and TAA.

Well Matip gets 7 points which is 5 more than Robbo and TAA.

Hilarious how this game pans out! My heart broke when Matip went off just shy of 60. Amazing that he ended up top of the bonus points in such a scenario.

Quarter Final 1st Leg results below. Any issues, just let me know.

Quick turnaround to the 2nd leg of these ties, ko tomorrow. Best of luck to all.

gfvVgzG.png

Ouch :P

Wow McBain is pulling of quite the coup these last couple of weeks. Well done.

By my maths, ScummyMan and I go into the last couple of matches tomorrow night level. 3 players each to play. I have 3 Liverpool lads Mane(c), Salah and Alexander Arnold. ScummyMan with Salah (c), Son and Wilson. Could go to the wire. Best of luck my good man.

We have all been hit by the Everton City postponement, but very hard luck to Green&Red whose chances look to have been completely fecked altogether by that game not getting played.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

I had a mountain to climb anyway but this is a disappointing way to go out of this
    Great comp

Best of luck scorpion

Quarter Finals completed. Hard luck to ScummyMan and Green&Red. Those PL postponements were a killer. I hope you lads get a better bounce of the ball later on in other fpl leagues.

Very quick turnaround now as the semi finals ko tomorrow. 2 legged ties again in fpl gw17 and fpl gw18. Best of luck to all.

All results and upcoming fixtures below. Any issues, let me know asap.

Mnt8gLf.png

• Advertisement

McBain11 and Tackling Sport, are you guys interested in arranging a 50/50 split now for if we hypothetically reach the final?

Congrats McBain, the spurs cancellation was the final nail in the coffin for me.

See you all next year!

Semi Final 1st Leg results below. Any issues, just let me know.

I have a lot of work to do in my tie to have any chance against DH2K9. The other tie between CSF and Scorpion Sting is very delicately poised.

2nd leg ko next week, fpl gw18 on January 12th. Best of luck to all.

rRjSS1q.png

I'm 6 points behind CSF with Auba, Saka and Leno up against Holding and Zaha.

Really hoping an Auba haul happens tonight. Whatever happens though it's been a great competition to be involved in. Thanks McBain for running it.

I'm 6 points behind CSF with Auba, Saka and Leno up against Holding and Zaha.

Really hoping an Auba haul happens tonight. Whatever happens though it's been a great competition to be involved in. Thanks McBain for running it.

Think that’s close enough to a 50-50 shout in terms of points expectations

CSF wrote: »
    Think that’s close enough to a 50-50 shout in terms of points expectations

Yeah it's going to be very close I reckon.

Best of luck to CSF and Scorpion Sting tonight. Be aware of the tiebreaker scenario if it comes to that lads (most goals scored, etc.)

Just a note to say there is a 1 fpl week break in the competition after tonight, and the final then takes place over 2 legs in gw20+21.

It wasn’t to be for me tonight. Fair play CSF, best of luck in the final.

See ye again in this competition next season. :)

It wasn’t to be for me tonight. Fair play CSF, best of luck in the final.

See ye again in this competition next season. :)

Kind of terrified to be responding to this until the saves and bonus points are confirmed haha.

All the same, it’s much appreciated. We have well and truly been neck and neck at every stage in this. Within a goal of each other in the groups and the same in the semi final here now. Quite close between us at 1 and 2 in the league for this also.

Fairly confident that if I stay doing well this season we will be rivalling each other again in some competition or league. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Advertisement

Then there were 2! Big congratulations to DH2K9 and CSF on making it to the final and the money places. DH2K9 with a facile semi final win in the end over yours truly, and CSF with a nail biting win over Scorpion Sting. The margins were tiny and watching the Arsenal game last night that 2 legged tie could easily have swung either way late on. Best of luck to Scorpion Sting in the remainder of his FPL leagues, no doubt you'll come away with a few prizes by the seasons end yet.

Results are below. Any issues please let me asap.
    Final ko in fpl gw20 {26th January). Best of luck to you both.
    Prizes : 1st - 600 euros
    2nd - 200 euros

nan5tvS.png

Advertisement