Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clermont Auvergne vs Munster, Sat 19 Dec 5:30pm Irish time

• 18-12-2020 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭

Munster:
    Mike Haley; Keith Earls, Chris Farrell, Damian de Allende, Shane Daly; JJ Hanrahan, Conor Murray;
    Josh Wycherley, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Gavin Coombes, Peter O’Mahony (c), CJ Stander.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, John Ryan, Fineen Wycherley, Billy Holland, Craig Casey, Rory Scannell, Jack O’Donoghue.

Unavailable: Andrew Conway was unavailable for selection due to personal reasons.

Big step up for Josh Wycherley!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

munster-compo-rs-europe-2020.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,366 ✭✭✭yerrahbah

Terrible timing for the James Cronin injury.

Not sure I understand Marshall starting over KO'B

Daly will need to hit the ground running.

Was always going to be a really tough game, it just got that bit tougher.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭irelandrover

6:30pm French time? maybe change the title

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭UAEguy2020

Its been put back 3 hours due to the La Rochelle postponment.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Can someone change the time? I can't on the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

UAEguy2020 wrote: »

what are you on about?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,144 Mod ✭✭✭✭aloooof

Really hope this is true, currently clashing with the All-Ireland.

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    what are you on about?

La Rochelle is off due to covid which means that this match is now taking the TV slot that La Rochelle was going to have.

La rochelle was at 4:15 french time. Who takes the TV slot that Munster had as it was the only game at that time?

La rochelle was at 4:15 french time. Who takes the TV slot that Munster had as it was the only game at that time?

I’m guessing it’s the big game on French TV also it’s taking the prime time slot.

• Advertisement

I’m guessing it’s the big game on French TV also it’s taking the prime time slot.

Curious where you've seen this? As haven't seen a change announced on Twitter or on the Munster site.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

Interesting to see Yato named at lock. Always thought he was a backrower. Would have thought he was a bit small for lock. Before anyone says anything, I realise he isn't a small man but he would be undersized for a lock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

La Rochelle is off due to covid which means that this match is now taking the TV slot that La Rochelle was going to have.

This game was announced back in November as 18:30 French time.
    It is still 18:30 French time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭Former Former Former

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    This game was announced back in November as 18:30 French time.
    It is still 18:30 French time.

In fairness, the Clermont team sheet in the second post says 1615 French time

• Registered Users Posts: 5,506 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Wait so has the game been moved?

CC site still says 5.30 irish/6.30eu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Interesting to see Yato named at lock. Always thought he was a backrower. Would have thought he was a bit small for lock. Before anyone says anything, I realise he isn't a small man but he would be undersized for a lock.

he’s a bit on the light side but he is apparently 6”5. might have put on some weight lately too. French rugby culture seems far more willing to move aging flankers into the row to extend their careers.

FAKE EDIT never mind he’s only 27. can only assume it’s tactical then.

Yeah_Right wrote: »

Clermont are threadbare at second Row atm due to injuries to Tamani and Vahamahina so had ton resort to Yato.

he’s a bit on the light side but he is apparently 6”5. might have put on some weight lately too. French rugby culture seems far more willing to move aging flankers into the row to extend their careers.

He’s there because they literally have no one else to play second Row.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Dog Botherer

He’s there because they literally have no one else to play second Row.

i mean i’ll do it, i guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭briandebum

Yato's a super player and have no doubt he can do a good job around the park. But surely Munster have to aim to put massive pressure on Clermont's lineout?

• Advertisement

Yato's only 27?? I'd have lost money on that...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

briandebum wrote: »
    Yato's a super player and have no doubt he can do a good job around the park. But surely Munster have to aim to put massive pressure on Clermont's lineout?

Thats what I was I was thinking. And they should definitely go after their scrum.
    He's Fijian so there is absolutely no doubt he can do a good job around the park :D Need to target him in the set piece.

Clermont are threadbare at second Row atm due to injuries to Tamani and Vahamahina so had ton resort to Yato.

I wouldn't follow the French league much, but I'd assume Iturria is injured as well, is he?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭agoodusername

I don't know how to link a tweet but the Clermont twitter said that it's still on at 6.30 French time, and that the team sheet was a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Game still on at 5.30 / 6.30 as it stands. I'd love if it was on earlier.

aloooof wrote: »
    I wouldn't follow the French league much, but I'd assume Iturria is injured as well, is he?

I don’t know a huge amount either, I was just hearing from a Clermont fan on the Munster forum, I presume so to as he’s a name that stands out to me also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,440 ✭✭✭sioda

Not a good start

Well that's not the best start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭TRC10

Tough start for Coombes, knock on and missed tackle for the try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,098 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

Earls dear god

Advertisement