Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boards Champions League 20/21

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭McBain11

Just a quick note on the Western conference as things currently stand. Very tight match between Nederlands Goud and Blood Crows. Nederlands Goud win and they could end up tied second place on 16 points. In this scenario it goes on h2h aggregate over the 2 matches they've played against each other. Blood Crows have a 3 point advantage from the first meeting. In a scenario where Nederlands Goud win this week by 3 points, aggregate is tied and the next tiebreker in the Group Stage is Overall Rank - so Nederlands Goud would then finish second!

If all of the above happened somehow! You could potentially have Nederlands Goud and TheresOnlyWanBissaka vying for the best runner up spot in the Western Conference. Both could end up on 16 points. The tiebreaker is h2h here. Of course their one match ended up in a 74 - 74 draw! In this scenario, it is the knockout tiebreaker scenario that come into play to decide the conference best runner up (most goals scored in that h2h match).

Exceptionally tight ending to this conference. Just posting the above so players are aware of the differing tiebreaker criteria etc.

A quick count has Nederlands Goud 4-3 up on TheresOnlyWanBissaka in that goals scored tiebreaker scenario (FPL gw8).

Obviously a big night tomorrow night, and no guarantee of any of the above coming into play. Best of luck to all in the last couple of games tomorrow night

• Registered Users Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭patmac

I’m 1 point behind Nederland Goud and need a Grealish masterclass. I have Grealish, Bruno he has Konsa, Bruno (c).

Looking at Eastern Conference Group A, Slow Werners has a tiny lead over Kathleens Kickers going into tomorrow. If that result stayed the same there is the potential for a 3 way tie at the top of Group A. In such a scenario it is the h2h results between just the 3 tied teams that come into play.

Also as group B 1st and 2nd have high points totals, there is only 1 spot available to Group A to qualify.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

It’s Konsa v Grealish between Kathleen and myself so obviously Konsa will get a CS and a goal, Jack a red card

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Green&Red wrote: »
    It’s Konsa v Grealish between Kathleen and myself so obviously Konsa will get a CS and a goal, Jack a red card

I would fancy Jack to do better than Konsa this evening. Might have a side bet on Jack to score or assist to lessen the blow of the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

McBain11 wrote: »
    A quick count has Nederlands Goud 4-3 up on TheresOnlyWanBissaka in that goals scored tiebreaker scenario (FPL gw8).

Obviously a big night tomorrow night, and no guarantee of any of the above coming into play. Best of luck to all in the last couple of games tomorrow night

Do we not have the same amount of goals scored? Four each taking Kane captain's total as 2 (1 doubled).

Do we not have the same amount of goals scored? Four each taking Kane captain's total as 2 (1 doubled).

Think Chilwell got a goal also. Will check all of this again if any tiebreak situations come to pass.

Think Chilwell got a goal also. Will check all of this again if any tiebreak situations come to pass.
    Yeah we both had Chilwell that gameweek.

Yeah we both had Chilwell that gameweek.

Correct you are. Let there be no worries, as if any of this comes to pass, I would be giving a thorough check on all tiebreak scenarios.

Goals scored would have you tied at 4-4 in gw8 h2h match. Assists then come into play and TheresOnlyWanBissaka is 4-2 up on Nederlands Goud on that score after a quick count.

As I've said, it's wait and see time. Huge amount of permutations still in play.

Best of luck to all tonight.

• Advertisement

patmac wrote: »
    I’m 1 point behind Nederland Goud and need a Grealish masterclass. I have Grealish, Bruno he has Konsa, Bruno (c).

No Konsa means I am now 3 behind and level on head to head. Grealish and Bruno vs Bruno captain. Tonight is worth the entry fee alone!

I would fancy Jack to do better than Konsa this evening. Might have a side bet on Jack to score or assist to lessen the blow of the loss.

See Konsa didn't start ah well!

Good idea might do the same with Bruno.

See Konsa didn't start ah well!

If he had it would have been enough for you

You still have an out with Egan

If he had it would have been enough for you

You still have an out with Egan

And we both know how that will go. :D

Will update the final group standings tomorrow afternoon lads when I have a wee bit of time.

Just a reminder that the knockout rounds start in fpl gw15 so there's a week off now.

All group stage games completed. Incredibly tight finish in some of the groups, very hard luck to the lads who just missed out on qualifying for the knockout rounds. As was always likely to be the case the h2h tiebreakers proved crucial in the end.

If anyone has any issues with the results or tables, let me know asap. Or even if there is a question about the h2h tiebreakers, just say the word. All results and tables are in the attachments below.

4Uc5U1n.png

yJ4QlVJ.png

g3MzKpQ.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

So from my understanding having read through the permutations, the two people who I literally can’t play in a semi final is Scorpion Sting (TheresOnlyWanBissaka) and Tackling Sport?

3 potential opponents depending on the outcome of those games as I see it?

CSF wrote: »
    So from my understanding having read through the permutations, the two people who I literally can’t play in a semi final is Scorpion Sting (TheresOnlyWanBissaka) and Tackling Sport?

3 potential opponents depending on the outcome of those games as I see it?

You cannot play Tackling Sport or Calmwood MH in the semi finals. You will only end up playing TheresOnlyWanBissaka if both Eastern Conference sides lose their QF ties.

You cannot play Tackling Sport or Calmwood MH in the semi finals. You will only end up playing TheresOnlyWanBissaka if both Eastern Conference sides lose their QF ties.

Ah got it, I thought it was if it was someone from my conference I had to play the higher ranked one. Understood now, thanks.

I’ve been incredibly lucky here

CSF wrote: »
    Ah got it, I thought it was if it was someone from my conference I had to play the higher ranked one. Understood now, thanks.

I believe my thinking at the time was the best solution is obviously to play someone from the other conference, then after that to get the play the possibly perceived weaker opponent, i.e. the runner up over the group winner.

I believe my thinking at the time was the best solution is obviously to play someone from the other conference, then after that to get the play the possibly perceived weaker opponent, i.e. the runner up over the group winner.

Ok no problem, it’s clear now anyway.

I’ve been incredibly lucky here

I got lucky as well. I thought I was out when I lost to CSF in the last group stage match but the tiebreaker fell my way thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Looks like I've got the organiser in the quarters, will have to keep a close eye to ensure no foul play :D

We have 2 legged ties in all the knockout rounds, including final.

They run from gw15, gw 16. Then semis in gw17, gw18 and the final in gw20,21.

gw18 is a blank gw with only 5 matches fixed. Just so all are aware of that.

• Advertisement

Will just bump the tiebreaker scenarios for the knockout rounds also.

Knockout Stage Tiebreaker

- 1. TOTAL GOALS SCORED by all selected players in the 2 legged ties (including all chips so bench boost goals count, regular captain goals worth double, triple captain goals worth triple etc.)

2. If still tied, TOTAL ASSISTS by all selected players in the 2 legged ties (including all chips so bench boost assists count, regular captain assists worth double, triple captain assists worth triple etc.)

3. Sum of all CAPTAIN TOTALS in the 2 legged ties (triple captain will also count in this)

4. Fewest RED&YELLOW card points by all selected players in the 2 legged ties (including all chips so bench boost cards count, regular captain cards worth double, triple captain cards worth triple etc.) based on my disciplinary points system
    - yellow card = 1 point
    - regular captain yellow card = 2 points
    - triple captain yellow card = 3 points

- red card = 3 points
    - regular captain red card = 6 points
    - triple captain red card = 9 points

Advertisement