Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Booking a concert for nxt year.

• 16-12-2020 1:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

Gerry Cinnamon nxt June. Want to buy tickets and book hotel. Cork or Kerry. Honest opionions, will it go ahead?

Dublin based, xmas surprise for missus.

Its a disgrace Joe!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Go for it, worse case sanairo you can get your money back if its rescheduled or cancelled (take no notice of Leo saying the waffle of no refunds a few weeks ago)

Big concert goer and hoping for a 2021 return

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I had a load booked for this year. A small number cancelled, some postponed once, some postponed twice. Some now re-arranged for 2022

If you get a ticket and it is postponed you have the option of new date or cash back.

It's possible that concerts will go ahead with reduced capacity, possibly meaning those getting their tickets early may be best positioned for any postponed event

I guess the possible risk is if vaccination certs are required before being able to attend. If you are a the bottom of the vaccine allocation list you might not have that, but again they would then have to refund you as they would be changing the terms

I won't be booking any hotels for a while regardless

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭Risteard81

Beasty wrote: »
    I had a load booked for this year. A small number cancelled, some postponed once, some postponed twice. Some now re-arranged for 2022

If you get a ticket and it is postponed you have the option of new date or cash back.

It's possible that concerts will go ahead with reduced capacity, possibly meaning those getting their tickets early may be best positioned for any postponed event

I guess the possible risk is if vaccination certs are required before being able to attend. If you are a the bottom of the vaccine allocation list you might not have that, but again they would then have to refund you as they would be changing the terms

I won't be booking any hotels for a while regardless
    That would not be a lawful requirement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭funnydoggy

Risteard81 wrote: »

How do you mean? Places can refuse entry for any reason, it's the law.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,180 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Risteard81 wrote: »

We have no idea what "lawful requirements" will be in place when concerts start up again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

d51984 wrote: »
    Gerry Cinnamon nxt June. Want to buy tickets and book hotel. Cork or Kerry. Honest opionions, will it go ahead?

Dublin based, xmas surprise for missus.

If the concert is cancelled would you still use the hotel? If not leave booking the hotel.

If the concert is cancelled but the hotel is open you won't get a refund from the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Write out an IOU to the missus, good for one concert etc. or failing that due to covid a weekend away at a venue of your choosing. No-way would I book a concert now especially when there will be no refunds.

theguzman wrote: »
    Write out an IOU to the missus, good for one concert etc. or failing that due to covid a weekend away at a venue of your choosing. No-way would I book a concert now especially when there will be no refunds.

Why do you think there will be no refunds? If it gets cancelled or postponed you retain the right of a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,131 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Never heard of him, probably won't sell out so wait till February to make a decision

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Why do you think there will be no refunds? If it gets cancelled or postponed you retain the right of a refund.

https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1203/1182177-refunds-gigs-varadkar/

Example you buy a concert ticket for a gig in May which is being optimistic at this rate. It gets pushed back to January 2022, you might have immigrated abroad by then or whatever and you won't get your money back.

Buy on the day or very close before.

• Advertisement

theguzman wrote: »
    https://www.rte.ie/entertainment/2020/1203/1182177-refunds-gigs-varadkar/

Example you buy a concert ticket for a gig in May which is being optimistic at this rate. It gets pushed back to January 2022, you might have immigrated abroad by then or whatever and you won't get your money back.

Buy on the day or very close before.

I'm pretty certain those comments by Varadkar were dispelled. I was listening to Radio commentary a day or so after and Ticketmaster had confirmed he was wrong. There remains a statutory obligation to refund if requested when an event is rescheduled

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭d51984

Thanks all for replies... Bit the bullet and got tickets, however held back on booking hotel for a bit.

And orange... How do you not know Gerry Cinnanon..go youtube him and report back lol.

Its a disgrace Joe!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,678 ✭✭✭hynesie08

d51984 wrote: »
    Thanks all for replies... Bit the bullet and got tickets, however held back on booking hotel for a bit.

And orange... How do you not know Gerry Cinnanon..go youtube him and report back lol.

I'd book a free cancellation pay on the day hotel, should be able to get a decent deal since nobody has a clue what June will be like.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

This is highly ambitious to say the least

I'd like to see boutique festivals with a capacity of 5,000 max tried first but the UK seem to be highly bullish since BoJo's announcement

Something like 200,000 people are expected at these two festivals in Reading and Leeds this August

https://www.nme.com/news/music/reading-festival-sells-out-after-organisers-confirm-it-will-go-ahead-in-august-2889731
    Reading Festival has sold out, less than two days after organisers confirmed that it will be going ahead this summer.

The festival and its sister event in Leeds will go ahead across the August Bank Holiday weekend, after the government outlined plans for England to gradually exit lockdown by the end of June.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

It depends on who you book it with and who you give the money to I suppose. If it is the venue itself and the venue goes under, your money might be gone

I'd say to book with a credit card just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,712 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm afraid to see ticket prices when this is over. No doubt they will rise a bit esp for sporting events, the GAA, IRFU and FAI among others have lost a lot of ticket revenue

Advertisement