Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming Freebies and Trades (trade steam, origin, etc. keys here)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

I think there will be a few biggies, especially the first one could be something special.

I think it's likely AAA titles with an online element looking for an influx of new players, as well as the usual well regarded indies and strategy games.

Borderlands 3 could be a good shout, they gave away 2 not so long ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

2ndcoming wrote: »
    I think there will be a few biggies, especially the first one could be something special.

I think it's likely AAA titles with an online element looking for an influx of new players, as well as the usual well regarded indies and strategy games.

Borderlands 3 could be a good shout, they gave away 2 not so long ago.

out of all of them, I could likely see Ghost Recon Breakpoint going free, as it was on sale for a tenner recently, its a live service game with Microtransactions, so opportunities are there to recoup the cost with an influx of new players.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,273 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

• Registered Users Posts: 9,097 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Trials Rising free from Ubisoft for 24 hours

https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-day4/en-GB

29GB for a Trials game? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,490 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Trials Rising free from Ubisoft for 24 hours

https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-day4/en-GB

29GB for a Trials game? :eek:

All those cosmetics for the microtransaction crap takes space, plus the install includes the dlc even if you don't own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Cities skylines free on epic now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,312 ✭✭✭VanZan

Cities Skylines free on Epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

VanZan wrote: »
    Cities Skylines free on Epic.

there are a couple of DLC Add-ons that are free as well.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dont know if it was intentional but i got a €10 coupon for grabbing cities skylines.

• Advertisement

Dcully wrote: »
    Dont know if it was intentional but i got a €10 coupon for grabbing cities skylines.

Got it as well, but it seems theres a voucher for everyone if you click into the sale page.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

It's intentional. You can also only apply it to games that cost €15 or more.

you have to spend more than 14.99 to use it.

you have to spend more than 14.99 to use it.

No, you can put it against any game thats worth more than or equal to €14.99.

All the more reason to buy Hades.

No, you can put it against any game thats worth more than or equal to €14.99.

All the more reason to buy Hades.

does that not mean the same thing?

does that not mean the same thing?

Not really,

if its a €15 game, you're only spending a fiver to use the voucher. Tis all in the way you read it I suppose. :pac:

Not really,

if its a €15 game, you're only spending a fiver to use the voucher. Tis all in the way you read it I suppose. :pac:

From my reading you can use it towards any game of 14.99 or more. I know it says sale discounts but a coupon is not a sale discount. I just checked it by buying Railroad Empire. It is 14.99 in the sale and I only need to add 4.99 to buy it on the checkout screen.
    The $10 Epic Coupon can only be used on eligible games already released on the Epic Games Store and priced at $14.99 or more after any sale discounts have been applied

• Registered Users Posts: 13,590 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Hot damn.. Star Wars Squadrons for €13.99 after the coupon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Delighted with that. Already have Cities Skylines but Hades was the one game I was looking forward to nabbing for the Christmas break, €10 off it was a no-brainer.

• Advertisement

Very enjoyable game Hades.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Got really excited seeing Hades mentioned but its Cities Skylines.....I'm hoping for 1 or 2 good indie games other than that I expect a few repeating games like there was last Christmas.
    I hope they give Shadow Complex Remastered again as I missed out on it last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,727 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Shadow Complex was the game they used to launch the app.
    Although I bought it at release, I can see Untitled Goose Game possibly being given away.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭ilovesmybrick

Oddworld New 'n' Tasty is todays game on Epic

Apart from Trials Rising as mentioned earlier, Starlink and Anno 1701 History Edition were also given away.
    But Ubisoft have given a second chance

https://register.ubisoft.com/happyholidays2020-lastchance/en-US

As for Epic, this list was supposedly leaked yesterday so will see if true if The Long Dark is given away

Cities: Skylines
    Oddworld: New n Tasty
    The Long Dark
    Defense Grid 1
    Alien: Isolation
    Metro 2033
    Tropico 5
    Inside
    Darkest Dungeon
    My Time in Portia
    Night in the Woods
    Stranded Deep
    Solitairica
    Torchlight II
    Jurassic World Evolution

I would assume Metro is the Redux version

• Registered Users Posts: 14,811 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Big difference between that and the other list :D

I was going to stick Half Life 3 on there somewhere and it would still have been more believable than the previous list

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭KarlMarks

The Long Dark is a brilliant survival game. Highly recommended if it is going to be on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭ElNino

KarlMarks wrote: »
    The Long Dark is a brilliant survival game. Highly recommended if it is going to be on the list.

Confirmed

Advertisement