Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Game week 14 transfer thread

Options
  • 16-12-2020 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭

Used mine already as I have a transfer strategy that is very price sensitive and did not want to loose money on Jota if he dropped again. Now replaced Jota with Anguissa with this weeks free transfer but my dilemma now is how to invest the 4.6mill built up in the bank for next weeks transfer. Any opinions appreciated:

Option a). Wilson to Kane leaving me with a non starting defender and one point cameo appearance regular Brewster.

Option b). Brewster to Ings which should allow me enough in the bank to replace Mitchell with a playing defender with a view to bench boost soon and also keep Wilson as a regular starter and play 343.

Full squad currently is:
    Martinez, (Ryan)

Coufal, Targett, Taylor, James, (Mitchell)
    Salah, KDB, Son, Fernandes, (Anguissa)
    Bamford, Wilson, (Brewster)

Struggling to break into the top 1mill OR this season and progress has stalled since I brought in KDB a couple of weeks back.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

You'll also need to start planning for BGW/DGW*.

Kane will give you 2 x SGW, whereas Ings will blank + DGW.

*If you're using WC or FH, then I'd bring in Ings, you have Son as TOT cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

F1ngers wrote: »

Sorry but what are all those abbreviations? I know DGW but the rest?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Sorry but what are all those abbreviations? I know DGW but the rest?

BGW = Blank gameweek
    SGW = Single gameweek
    WC = Wildcard
    FH = Free Hit

BGW = Blank gameweek
    SGW = Single gameweek
    WC = Wildcard
    FH = Free Hit

Cheers

Zaha or grealish for jota. That's my conundrum. Saving the other transfer. At a point where I'm not sure what direction to go. Will leave myself in a position to upgrade/downgrade between mids and fwd premiums I think. See how next week goes.

Drawn to Zaha for some reason. Feel grealish might go cold for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,358 ✭✭✭macraignil

Jim Gazebo wrote: »
    Zaha or grealish for jota. That's my conundrum. Saving the other transfer. At a point where I'm not sure what direction to go. Will leave myself in a position to upgrade/downgrade between mids and fwd premiums I think. See how next week goes.

Drawn to Zaha for some reason. Feel grealish might go cold for a while.

I'd prefer Zaha in a choice between those two as well. Had Grealish for a while last season and he went far too many games with no attacking return for my liking.

Thinking of deciding my Kane or Ings dilemma based on how Wilson gets on this evening.

The bare game week /double game week planning for me looks to require a free hit on the bare game week as I have too many players missing that week. I suppose that benefits the Ings choice as I can have his double game week and bring in some other striker on the free hit on week 18.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

I’ll be moving on Lamptey to a West Ham defender. Lamptey is somewhat similar to Harry Maguire-always looks like an attacking return is going to come, but it never seems to materialise

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Big Sam is back lads so what West Brom defender is everyone going for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lemlin wrote: »
    Big Sam is back lads so what West Brom defender is everyone going for?

OOO Charlie Austin as CB

• Registered Users Posts: 32,822 ✭✭✭✭CSF

F1ngers wrote: »

I’m reluctant to do so. The priority has gotta remain managing the Christmas period and potential rotation (and we’ve admittedly seen none of midweek really).

I’m afraid of changing my team towards one week (assuming I use free hit on the other one).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Might do KDB to Son - madness?

Think City have tough fixtures coming up - Saints and Everton, plus not being in form.

Also need to look at Lamptey to a west ham defender I think, but will hold off till next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,035 ✭✭✭COH

Looking at Mendy back to Martinez and Jota to Grealish with my 2FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Grealish Vardy OUT
    Bowen/Ward Prowse in Kane IN

That's mine at the moment, may change it

Have Son Bruno Salah DCL already

• Registered Users Posts: 9,364 ✭✭✭Shedite27

thunderdog wrote: »
    I’ll be moving on Lamptey to a West Ham defender. Lamptey is somewhat similar to Harry Maguire-always looks like an attacking return is going to come, but it never seems to materialise
    Also need to look at Lamptey to a west ham defender I think, but will hold off till next week.

Make that three of us. Lamptey is fairly permanently on my bench anyway, don't have any pressing issues with my team, so getting Coufal in with a view to the DGW.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Might do KDB to Son - madness?

Think City have tough fixtures coming up - Saints and Everton, plus not being in form.

Thinking the same move myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Ryan and Jota out, not sure who to

Need to think of the DGW strategy

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

May rage transfer Vardy, Mahrez and Torres - talk about a punt gone wrong (City score 3 goals in total against Fulham and West Brom, and despite starting and scoring against Burnley sees no actions in the 2 of those games)

Bruno, Son and Adams in.

My defence still needs a bit of sorting out but can't be dealing with Pep roulette. Watch the two lads start and score 20+ points between them at the weekend now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

There were posts in the match day thread about Jones but I think this is more relevent here.

Very comfortable at passing the ball into the box tonight to create chances. He played the ball before Salah scored and creates 2 chances including Mane's shot that that Lloris saved. Had his own shot saved too.

4.4 and starting a lot. Great enabler.

https://twitter.com/CF_Comps/status/1339334850126487561?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ryan.

For the first time 0 ITB. Problem is he is 4.4 and only keeper I can replace him with is Sanchez his replacement (4.4)

Not sure whether to just go with no GK til funds become available

• Registered Users Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Fitz* wrote: »
    There were posts in the match day thread about Jones but I think this is more relevent here.

Very comfortable at passing the ball into the box tonight to create chances. He played the ball before Salah scored and creates 2 chances including Mane's shot that that Lloris saved. Had his own shot saved too.

4.4 and starting a lot. Great enabler.

https://twitter.com/CF_Comps/status/1339334850126487561?s=19

Motm for me. I disagree that Keita will take his place when he's fit but Thiago will obviously start ahead of him. He's not really what you need for a bench player as he's a rotation risk, he's one to watch if Liverpool keep getting injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Motm for me. I disagree that Keita will take his place when he's fit but Thiago will obviously start ahead of him. He's not really what you need for a bench player as he's a rotation risk, he's one to watch if Liverpool keep getting injuries.

The lack of Liverpool subs tonight is currently leaning me towards a lot of changes for the early game Saturday morning from the start. Origi, Minamino, Keita etc playing, maybe even Ox.

But that WBA game at home could be the one. Big Sam will have WBA sitting deep to frustrate. Might just give Jones the chance to take a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

The lack of Liverpool subs tonight is currently leaning me towards a lot of changes for the early game Saturday morning from the start. Origi, Minamino, Keita etc playing, maybe even Ox.

But that WBA game at home could be the one. Big Sam will have WBA sitting deep to frustrate. Might just give Jones the chance to take a shot.

Keita was ready to coming on but the final whistle went, so hard to know if he has 90 mins in him or would he start and play 60. As with most sub 4.5m player they can be in/out of team - but can't be relied upon if you need something from the bench. if you can stretch to 4.5, the likes of Bissouma, Mendy, Romeu or Anguissa are solid starters week in, week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Liverpool have an 8 day break after Palace. I can see the bulk of the starting XI tonight being used again. Matip for Williams and an outside chance Keita starts for Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Might do Ings to Bamford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Shanee.

Mitchell to Coufal

I think I'm leaning back at grea!ish. Will wait for him to play despite losing 0.1 on jota tonight. Still unsure. It's either neto, bowen, grealish, lookman or anything up to 6.7 if I want get son/ings later. Have 2ft on!y using one, need ft over Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Ryan.

For the first time 0 ITB. Problem is he is 4.4 and only keeper I can replace him with is Sanchez his replacement (4.4)

Not sure whether to just go with no GK til funds become available

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1339339602637828109?s=19

Might be worth a punt. Was good tonight according to reports.

https://twitter.com/AndyNaylorBHAFC/status/1339339602637828109?s=19

Might be worth a punt. Was good tonight according to reports.

Brighton though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

CSF wrote: »
    Brighton though

Sheff Utd though

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Sheff Utd though

Yeah but you’d still have him for all those games afterwards and he is 4.4.

Lamptey is the only viable route into that defence and it’s not primarily for the clean sheets

Advertisement