Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flooring company recommendations

• 11-12-2020 10:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭

Hi!

I'm looking for recommendations for flooring companies in Waterford, to buy new wooden floors/or carpet and for them to put them down also.

To be honest I wouldn't have a clue what sort of price we would be talking.

I'm looking to possibly get the hall,stairs and landing done (3 bedroom standard sized home built in 2003 near the avondale area)

you could see this home for reference of the size if it helps? those areas seem to be the same size.
    https://www.daft.ie/for-sale/semi-detached-house-27-avondale-lawn-avondale-co-waterford/2537493

what sort of prices would we be talking for the floor and for them to be put down?

It would be a present for a family member as they really want to do up a few things at home but can't afford it

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I renovated a pretty big house last year with the floor gallery. I'd highly recommend them. You can buy the highest of high end or budget stuff that looks expensive (I did a bit of both depending on the room and its all holding up very well)

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

Have to second the floor gallery. Jonathan the guy there talks the talk but is very genuine.we got stairs and landing carpet for 550 all in (quite deep like good quality carpet) and install. He has his own guys doing this.
    Got laminate flooring for hallway and was the last of a batch (just enough to do hall) so he gave it to me for half price. Don't think he has guys doing install but will recommend someone.
    Guy I usually get charges 15euro per sq meter for install

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Gillman1998

Again, the Floor Gallery, perfect job done in fitting wooden floor, couldn’t be happier with the work. Price wise, Jonathan will give you a pretty good guide, it will be very dependent on the quality of the flooring, as previous poster says you can go low or high. I seem to recall the fitting was done by two brothers, great guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

We booked the Floor gallery to floor our upstairs on the 14th of December rang a few days to confirm it was all good, only to be told "no chance of that come back in the new year" so take all the recommendations with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Bhoy1967

I had some carpet put down lastweek by O'Toole's - carpet ordered and put down 2 days later - they sent someone out to measure the day after ordering - €420 all in. Sound lads to deal with too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭floyd333

Do not go near About Flooring..... We had a terrible experience with these cowboys.

Advertisement