Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

NFL Fantasy League

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Down to the final week 2 playoff spots wrapped up and looking like 2 from 3 for the final 2 spots. Best of luck fellas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,363 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah current standings with top 4 to qualify for playoffs, with points scored (tiebreaker) at the end:
    1. Magic Skol (10-3) Q
    2. Irish94 (9-4) Q
    3. Real McCoy (8-5) - 1536
    4. Mayo Raiders (8-5) - 1418
    5. Shedite27 (8-5) - 1391
    6. Matts Ruggs (7-6) - 1498
    7. Gavin Salad (7-6) - 1477

• Real McCoy is "win and in".
    • Mayo Raiders needs to win and hope Shedite27 doesn't win by 30 points more than Mayo Raiders wins.
    • Shedite27 needs to win and hope one of Real McCoy or Mayo Raiders lose, or if all 3 win, Shedite27 needs to win by 30 points more than Mayo Raiders wins.
    • Matts Ruggs needs to win, and have two of RealMcCoy/MayoRaiders/Shedite27 to lose.
    • Gavin Salad needs to win, and have two of RealMcCoy/MayoRaiders/Shedite27 to lose, and to score more than 20 points than Matts Ruggs (if Matts Ruggs wins)

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Very enjoyable and competitive throughout the regular season. Thanks everyone and best of luck in the final week! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yep very enjoyable stuff.

A brutal introduction to head to head for me, I'm 6th on points scored but sit dead last :D I seem to have met the top scorer each week, with the teams in the top spots having 250 points less against them than me.

Part of the luck of the draw I guess, will be back for another crack next year for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Eire885

Irish94 wrote: »
    Very enjoyable and competitive throughout the regular season. Thanks everyone and best of luck in the final week! :)

Now that you're qualified I think you should give some of your guys a rest this week!

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Yeah current standings with top 4 to qualify for playoffs, with points scored (tiebreaker) at the end:
    1. Magic Skol (10-3) Q
    2. Irish94 (9-4) Q
    3. Real McCoy (8-5) - 1536
    4. Mayo Raiders (8-5) - 1418
    5. Shedite27 (8-5) - 1391
    6. Matts Ruggs (7-6) - 1498
    7. Gavin Salad (7-6) - 1477

• Real McCoy is "win and in".
    • Mayo Raiders needs to win and hope Shedite27 doesn't win by 30 points more than Mayo Raiders wins.
    • Shedite27 needs to win and hope one of Real McCoy or Mayo Raiders lose, or if all 3 win, Shedite27 needs to win by 30 points more than Mayo Raiders wins.
    • Matts Ruggs needs to win, and have two of RealMcCoy/MayoRaiders/Shedite27 to lose.
    • Gavin Salad needs to win, and have two of RealMcCoy/MayoRaiders/Shedite27 to lose, and to score more than 20 points than Matts Ruggs (if Matts Ruggs wins)
    Magic Skol won
    Irish94 won
    Real McCoy won

Mayo Raiders lost which opened the door for myself, but I also lost opening the door for Matts Ruggs who won and got the last playoff spot.

Playoffs now are
    Magic Skol Bus (markC91) V Matts Ruggs
    Irish94 V The Real McCoy

Who's Matts Ruggs BTW?

Magic Skol won
    Irish94 won
    Real McCoy won

Mayo Raiders lost which opened the door for myself, but I also lost opening the door for Matts Ruggs who won and got the last playoff spot.

Playoffs now are
    Irish94 V The Real McCoy

Who's Matts Ruggs BTW?

Hopefully that's Mayo's last loss this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Magic Skol won
    Irish94 won
    Real McCoy won

Playoffs now are
    Irish94 V The Real McCoy

Who's Matts Ruggs BTW?

Matt's Ruggs are mine. That was an intense Sunday evening, keeping tabs on four different matchups. Got the dubious honour of taking on the Skol Bus now but still, any given sunday, etc etc blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

Matt's Ruggs are mine. That was an intense Sunday evening, keeping tabs on four different matchups. Got the dubious honour of taking on the Skol Bus now but still, any given sunday, etc etc blah blah

Congrats mate got the win when it mattered, Good luck in the final!

markc91 wrote: »
    Congrats mate got the win when it mattered, Good luck in the final!

Took a hell of a score to knock you out

• Advertisement

Thanks Mark. Made some good and some bad decisions but it takes a lot of luck too. Was shocked to see the score from last night.

56 points for Kamara last night.....

.... in the 3rd/4th playoff

Glad it didn't happen last week. He's some player.

Glad it didn't happen last week. He's some player.

Last weeks loss hurts even more being that two other finals im in this week, both had kamara....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Big case of a team hitting form at the right time fair play matts ruggs wilson and kelce put paid to whatever chance I did have. Congrats

Been a great year and hoping we can continue it going forward

Thanks real mccoy. It's the highs and lows of H2H leagues.

It's been really enjoyable, which is easy for me to say, but it would have been regardless of result. Looking forward to next year too.

Good win, snuck into playoffs on the last day as 4th seed when 2 others lost, knocked off the 1 seed in the semifinals, then won it out. Good way to do it

I’m down the country till Thursday but will get prizes out then

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

Thank you Shedite27 for organising. Very much appreciated!

Really enjoyable throughout the season and very competitive. Congratulations Matt's Ruggs - great win!

And as for me.. The Magic Skol Bus you gave me some hiding this week, will be out for revenge next year ya fecker after a beating like that. Ouch!

All paid up now aswell - 14 teams so €280 prize fund.

At the end of the season the top 4 go to the Championship playoff, next 4 go to Consolation Playoffs. Will we leave the winner of the consolation playoff get their money back at least, or more?

Something like:
    Championship Winner - €180
    Championship Runner Up - €80
    Consolation Winner - €20
    Just sent out the prizes now
    €180 to Alchemist
    €80 to Real McCoy
    I won the consolation playoff myself.

See ye next September for the second season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Seems to have been a popular league,

Would there be interest in an FSA dynasty league, I know I don’t post much here anymore but I’d consider myself an FSAer,
    CSF is in a dynasty league with me already, I’m sure he’d vouch for it being a great game,
    You keep your players and draft rookies every year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,821 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Would there be interest in an FSA dynasty league, I know I don’t post much here anymore but I’d consider myself an FSAer,
    CSF is in a dynasty league with me already, I’m sure he’d vouch for it being a great game,

I would do it yeah. Whole different thought process in terms of strategy. It’s great.

I'd be up for that

That's three, how about any others from FSA?
    It's a different challenge, probably as good as fantasy sports gets,

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭supasoumi99

Sounds good to me - count me in!

We’re gaining a small bit of traction,
    4 in so far, I’d cap it at 12 so it’ll be first come first served I suppose, we’ll keep it on FSA unless we need an emergency couple of players.

Just an FYI, it will be a money league but nothing big, I suppose 20e a year

Roll up, roll up

I’ll start a new thread for this

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭Rossie11

I’ll start a new thread for this

Count me in

I'd play too.

Also, I've created the Playoff Challenge, everyone from the regular league should have got an email. Anyone else who wants to join, work away.
    http://playoffchallenge.fantasy.nfl.com/group/445316/join?mp=8916ab0bb183823177dbe55aa778afaf

Password: Boards

Rossie11 wrote: »
    Count me in

And me too :D

• Advertisement

Count me in too Swiper.

I'll do the playoff challenge too

Advertisement