Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Currently Drinking - what's perking you up at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Regis779

Started drinking natural mint tea to unwind after work and classes a little, but generally enjoy black tea a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Latest in from Bailies

Brazil Sitio Nossa
    Region: Poco Fundo
    Variety: Catuai
    Process: Natural
    Altitude: 1085 masl
    Aroma: Cocoa
    Acidity/Body: Medium/Medium

Nice slight juiciness to this one, Brazilian Coffee is never really hitting any highs though. That said, it is a nice cup there's nothing wrong with it

15g/250 medium fine aero 2.45 brew time 45s press

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Latest in from Bailies

Brazil Sitio Nossa
    Region: Poco Fundo
    Variety: Catuai
    Process: Natural
    Altitude: 1085 masl
    Aroma: Cocoa
    Acidity/Body: Medium/Medium

Nice slight juiciness to this one, Brazilian Coffee is never really hitting any highs though. That said, it is a nice cup there's nothing wrong with it

15g/250 medium fine aero 2.45 brew time 45s press

Thanks! I'm embarrassed to say on this forum that I love a good Brazilian - usually lots of chocolate and drinkable by the bucket! Might not be spectacular or unique etc. but a good old reliable if you get good quality beans imo.

Thanks! I'm embarrassed to say on this forum that I love a good Brazilian

ah here never be embarrassed about your taste.

I mean I love metal, but can also appreciate the finer points of ABBA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭DilD

Curerntly using The Barn Test Roast and a Guatemala filter by Roasted Brown. Both excellent :)

• Advertisement

This is lovely - could drink it all day!
    https://www.bailiescoffee.com/products/guatemala-la-providencia-microlot

Region: Santiago di Atitlan
    Process: Washed
    Variety: Ruiru 11
    Altitude: 1600-1850 masl
    Tasting: Macadamia Nut, Milk Chocolate & Lime
    Aroma: Roasted Hazelnut
    Acidity/Body: Medium-High/Full

I'm loving this Rwandan from Bailies

[B]Rwanda Gasigati AA[/B]
    Region: Rulindo
    Variety: Bourbon
    Altitude: 1850-2450 masl

it's really complex

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Took delivery of 3 bags of Badger & Dodo today.

Ordered on the 9th. Roast date is 06/11 for 2 of the bags and 04/11 for the other.

1 x Jam Jar Espresso - I love this blend, I've had it before and is one I keep goingg back to
    1 x Fairy Floss - I've never had this before but have heard good things. They say it is suitable for both espresso and Filter but I'll be brewing it as espresso mainly.
    1 x Ethiopia: Chelichele - This one sounds interesting. Cupping notes of Grapefruit, Jasmine, Peach, I'll be using this in filter and aeropress.

yeah the Fairy Floss and the Chelichele are both good coffees, Fairly Floss will have Chelichele in it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

yeah the Fairy Floss and the Chelichele are both good coffees, Fairly Floss will have Chelichele in it.

I haven't really loved the Jam Jar this time, I couldn't get it tasting the way I really wanted.

I've just started into the Fairy floss and must say I really like it. Really good sweetness in the cup, based off the first 1-2 shots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 joe1010

Just tried a Colombian Supremo, 100% premium Colombia Arabica from Premium Coffee Company. Not bad at all if you like a not too sweet flavour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭Bigbooty

COSTA RICA
    DURAN FAMILY
    Region:
    West Valley
    Varietal:
    H3 / H17
    Process:
    Black Honey
    Tastes:
    Blackberry Lemonade, Apricot, Lychee

Honestly one of the best coffee's that I've had this year. I brewed it on the V60 and it has a lovely balanced sweetness to it. The mouthfeel is incredible and it lingers on the palate for quite some time after each sip. I know it's pricey but the quality is something else. Can't recommend this enough.

Duran Family Costa Rica

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭KnicksInSix

I stocked up for the festive season with Three Fools and Soma Christmas blends and Cork Coffee Roasters Decaf. Never tried the CCR decaf (or other beans) before outside of a takeaway coffee so I'm looking forward to it.

Upside Burundi, a few weeks older than I'd usually like but I decided to throw a local coffee shop a few quid last week. I've found that I've needed to up my dose from 15/250 to about 16.5/250 to get the best out of it (aero).

Lovely and juic, dark berry and a nice acidity catching your saliva glands at the back of your tongue.

I don't see it on their website at the moment.

Currently on this in the clever dripper - really full bodied and a good strong coffee if anyone is in the market for one!

El Salvador - La Gloria: Washed, Bourbon

https://shop.3fe.com/product/el-salvador-la-gloria-washed-bourbon

Farm: La Gloria
    Farmer: Maria Jose Huezo and Luis Rodriguez
    Variety: Bourbon
    Dark Chocolate, plum, treacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

After dabbling with an uninspiring order from Ponaire (Mexican Lion Boy Single - meh, Connoisseur Blend Coffee - meh, Decaf - probably the best of the few decafs I've tried), I've gone back to the Badger and Dodo Ethiopia Nensebo Refissa. You cannot, it seems, get too much of a good thing. If I had to drink one coffee for the rest of my life, this would be it. Also picked up their xmas blend and decaf and I'll try them in a few days, but it all just feels a bit pointless after the Nensebo Refissa. It's the kind of coffee that makes me want to get up earlier in the morning.

yeah it's amazing coffee

I got 4 bags from B&D last week, it was one of them. Xmas, Fairy Floss and a Columbian too

Just had my first try of Bell Lane's Xmas blend today - lovely - roasted 30/11 so good timing to open it now.

https://www.belllane.ie/collections/single-origin-coffee/products/christmas-release-limited-edition?variant=37292373606567

Good price point for an xmas blend too
    Costa Rica

CORDILLERA DE FUEGO

Region: Piedades Sur, Alajuela

Altitude: 1600 – 1750 masl

Farmer: Luis Eduardo Campos

Variety: Caturra

Processing: Anaerobic yeast fermentation

Profile: Intense cinnamon, sweet apple, caramel

is it a blend or SO? that looks like SO to me

is it a blend or SO? that looks like SO to me

Sorry I shouldn't have said blend - it's SO alright! Most places do blends for their xmas beans so it was a slip of the keyboard :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 Utijogs

Badger & Dodo prices have increased quite a bit recently. Around 40 quid for 1 1kg bag of roasted beans delivered now. Last year it was around 32 for the same quality stuff. And they have no customer loyalty perks or offer options.

I don't really need to care about the price, so I don't

all I need to concern myself with is the quality of the coffee, which from B&D has been excellently consistent for months now.

Currently drinking this beauty from Calendar.

Uraga Raro - Ethiopia

Lychee & Guava
    Harvest: January 2020

Producer: Raro washing station
    Region: Guji
    Variety: Heirloom
    Altitude: 2,000 - 2,400 masl

Bloody gorgeous. Lovely delicate sweetness with floral undertones and a rich mouthfeel. Super coffee. Tried it on both the Kalita and V60 but the Kalita really brought the vibrancy out.

B&D Xmas Blend

It has something for everyone, there's a nice lush creaminess in the mouth and a non too intrusive bitterness on the finish.

It's a nice blend.

Just opened 1kg of Coffee Angel Su Nollag - lovely. Really juicy and sweet, it's well named!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 joe1010

Just opened 1kg of Coffee Angel Su Nollag - lovely. Really juicy and sweet, it's well named!
    I am now drinking Champagne Bollinger

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Iguarantee

Drinking "Bumbogo" and "El Paraiso" from The Barn.

Not blown away by either in comparison to the products I've received from them last month & the month before but their coffee is excellent.

Subscription service; 6x 250g bags delivered monthly for circa. e65.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ShadowSA

Currently velo Coffee.

Picked up a bag of the below coffee in Vice last week. Roasted 9th December. It's a pretty fantastic brew in the V60.

Will try in Aeropress later on as well. Not cheap but worth it.

"Round Hill - Santa Claude 2020 | Coffee + Beer" https://www.coffeeandbeer.co.uk/product/round-hill-santa-claude-2020/537

• Advertisement

Currently drinking an Indonesian - Honey processed coffee from P&S. Link here.
    Indonesia - Saccharic Honey

Tasting notes: Candy, white peach, mixed berries

Process: Saccharic honey
    Score: 86
    Roast style: Filter
    Character: Juicy, sweet, complex

It's surprisingly very enjoyable. I don't normally buy coffee from Indonesia but the processing method was very interesting to me. They use brewers yeast as part of the honey processing. There's a lovely complex body with a balanced berry sweetness. Particularly stood out on the V60. A nice surprise for my first coffee buy of 2021!

Advertisement