Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supervalu half price Turkey

• 03-12-2020 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭

I’ve volunteered to do Christmas dinner for first time (God help me) and wondered if anyone has availed of Supervalu turkey offer? I am toying between it & the Marksies turkey.
    Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Pistachio19

I get it every year and it's always perfect. This year I'm getting takeaway dinner so I'm giving my half price voucher to my friend who is delighted to use it. I'll probably have a second half price voucher at the rate I'm going and have another friend who will probably use that. I wouldn't get my turkey anywhere else now.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

That’s brilliant - thanks for replying so quickly. Think I’ll place my order tonight.
    Enjoy your Christmas takeaway - very tempting!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Sorry for posting late.

We got this last year and were happy enough with it.
    My only advice is when the butcher gives you your turkey make sure your happy with it,
    We ordered our Yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭New2Dubs

Sorry for posting late.

We got this last year and were happy enough with it.
    My only advice is when the butcher gives you your turkey make sure your happy with it,
    We ordered our Yesterday.

Thanks for responding.

What should I be looking out for? (I’m a complete novice!)

New2Dubs wrote: »
    Thanks for responding.

What should I be looking out for? (I’m a complete novice!)

I suppose the easiest way to say that it looks good and has plenty of meat on it also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭waxmelts2000

My parents get this Turkey for the last few years from our local Supervalu and it is lovely (they used to buy in the local butcher but now just get the ham from him)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,823 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Does anyone know how the deposit works when it comes to spend and save?
    I need to spend 50 to get a tenner off. Will the deposit form part of the 50 if I go and order today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Hi Folks,

How much does the half price turkey come to?

I’m feeding 6 this year. My father has the half price turkey offer and won’t be using it so I can use his.

Seve OB wrote: »
    I need to spend 50 to get a tenner off. Will the deposit form part of the 50 if I go and order today?

Not as far as I know. They always do a separate transaction when I'm paying the deposit. But ask when you're there.

Last year we paid for our separately and the butcher refunded it when we collected it.
    This year however they didn’t take a deposit.

• Advertisement

Hi Folks,

I’m feeding 6 this year. My father has the half price turkey offer and won’t be using it so I can use his.

Last year our xtra large one worked out and about €25.
    It would really depend on the size of Turkey you get.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,478 ✭✭✭harr

My mother gets the SV turkeys every year and the turkeys are fine .. not feee range or anything.
    The issue I had was the claim it was half price, she paid €35 last year which was about right for the size of turkey and in line with prices in other super markets.
    But in no was the turkey €70 at full price .. you will pick up just as good a turkey in any of the other supermarkets.
    I get mine in Aldi every year and it’s a lovely turkey

Hi Folks,

It will depend on the size of your turkey. Ask at the meat counter what size you will need, keeping in mind you'll probably need extra for second helpings or sandwiches for later that evening :) They should then be able to give an idea of how much it will cost.

You'd want to get an order in asap though as I'm sure ours had last orders during last week.

Another thing to keep in mind if you are using your dad's voucher - ask if you will need his rewards card/fob when paying and using the voucher. My turkey vouchers show on my super valu rewards app so I wonder if that means it can only be used with my rewards fob. I'm giving mine to a friend this year and will give her my fob too just in case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

My family get this every year and very happy with it. Does anyone know if the voucher can be presented on the app when collecting? We shop 100% online now since March as all high risk with health. It says the voucher will be printed automatically at the till but we have not been at a till, and no voucher was printed with our online delivery receipts, or at least none was given to us. A friend went to the shop for me with my clubcard to try get it, but was told there weren't enough points. I have collected 1400 points, with 2 vouchers visible on the app and 400 points extra.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Dunnes had great value on frozen turkeys last week it might be still available 5 sizes and the biggest xxl at 25 euro

My family get this every year and very happy with it. Does anyone know if the voucher can be presented on the app when collecting? We shop 100% online now since March as all high risk with health. It says the voucher will be printed automatically at the till but we have not been at a till, and no voucher was printed with our online delivery receipts, or at least none was given to us. A friend went to the shop for me with my clubcard to try get it, but was told there weren't enough points. I have collected 1400 points, with 2 vouchers visible on the app and 400 points extra.

The turkey voucher doesn’t go into the App from what I know. I’d recommend you contact customer service.

The turkey voucher doesn’t go into the App from what I know. I’d recommend you contact customer service.

There are 2 in my upcoming vouchers at the moment.

Your correct in previous years we didn’t get them in the app!

I imagine so. I use my app for all my vouchers.

My 2 are also on my app.

• Advertisement

Ordered turkey.
    No deposit asked for.
    So I just got an extra bottle of JD to bring me over the 50 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

Dunnes had great value on frozen turkeys last week it might be still available 5 sizes and the biggest xxl at 25 euro

I tried a medium one and was like rubber. I’m sure it could’ve been better, but not the same as fresh. Dog was happy for the week though

How do you get the voucher?
    I have over 600 turkey points. Supposed to collect today but can’t figure out how to convert the points to voucher

How do you get the voucher?
    I have over 600 turkey points. Supposed to collect today but can’t figure out how to convert the points to voucher

You should have been given the voucher at the till once you had accumulated 500 points. If you have the app check your vouchers and it should be there.

You should have been given the voucher at the till once you had accumulated 500 points. If you have the app check your vouchers and it should be there.

na, never got it at the till
    still have all the points accumulated in my account
    no voucher available to generate on my app.

was in SV this morning picking up the bird and showed the lady there. she just gave me another code so got sorted

na, never got it at the till
    still have all the points accumulated in my account
    no voucher available to generate on my app.

was in SV this morning picking up the bird and showed the lady there. she just gave me another code so got sorted

Strange that your points didn't revert to 0 after the first 500. Glad you got sorted.

I have also not received any voucher printed with my online deliveries (haven't been in shop since March), but I have 3 turkey vouchers now on the app. However, somebody else is collecting for me so that's no use. I phoned SV but they said I needed to go in store with the app to sort it out - not much help given current situation and high risk! A relative has given me their printed voucher instead - will this be ok, or will it need to match the club card at the till?

I have also not received any voucher printed with my online deliveries (haven't been in shop since March), but I have 3 turkey vouchers now on the app. However, somebody else is collecting for me so that's no use. I phoned SV but they said I needed to go in store with the app to sort it out - not much help given current situation and high risk! A relative has given me their printed voucher instead - will this be ok, or will it need to match the club card at the till?
    id say you will be ok

otherwise, you could give the person you have collecting the access to your account on app? change the password after

That's what I'm not sure about. I'm giving my voucher to a friend. What you can try is take a screenshot of your card number barcode and the turkey voucher barcode on your app and send your friend the photos. I always screen shot my vouchers as when I go to the shop the wifi doesn't always work. The screen shot photos always work on the scanner.

• Advertisement

Got the till spit this evening with my half price voucher.
    As I have already collected my turkey, I can make it available for any boardsie who may be stuck for one

Advertisement