Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Citymapper to expand into Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭p_haugh

Update - looks to be live now, although no official announcement from Citymapper (seems like that is happening tomorrow)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,753 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

so why would you use it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

So what does it do that Leap card and Google Maps don't?...

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭vrusinov

I used it when travelling to other cities and the directions are much, much better then what Google Maps gives you. Especially when changes between different transport modes are required.

It also tells you what price of the trip would be and what kind of ticket would you need.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Never heard of it before but sounds great as a tourist if you don't know the city.

Dublin's poor public transport is very commuter focussed, anyone who wants to make a journey that doesn't resemble a wheel spoke could be interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

I used this when I lived in London and it was excellent there anyway. Interesting to see what it's like for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭trellheim

Citymapper beats all the others by a mile works in most major urbans happy days lets hope they are rolling in dublin bike stand availability into it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭p_haugh

trellheim wrote: »
    Citymapper beats all the others by a mile works in most major urbans happy days lets hope they are rolling in dublin bike stand availability into it as well

They have Dublin bikes integrated from the get go, I'm surprised that mobi or bleeper aren't available yet though.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 lukiluc

So have people used the Dublin version? How does it compare to other journey planners? I just checked a Northside-Southside bike route and it wanted to send me round the North/ South Circular (not ideal)... Any feedback appreciated...

Advertisement