Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

GW12 Captain

• 11-12-2020 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭

Who you got?

GW12 Captain 103 votes

Bamford (WHU)
    64% 66 votes
    Wilson (WBA)
    0% 0 votes
    Fernandes (MCI)
    0% 0 votes
    KDB (mun)
    0% 1 vote
    Ings (SHU)
    0% 0 votes
    Kane (cry)
    0% 1 vote
    Son (cry)
    3% 4 votes
    Salah (ful)
    3% 4 votes
    Mane (ful)
    23% 24 votes
    Vardy (BRI)
    0% 0 votes
    Other (please mention in thread)
    2% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,199 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I don't have Salah (yet) but if I get him in I'll (C) him

Tempted by Wilson and Vardy.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,805 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Tempted by Wilson and Vardy.
    Honestly, I'd advise against Wilson. It sounds like their covid numbers are in double figures according to Bruce's presser today. I know Newcastle aren't in the running for chance creation stats at the best of times and he has still done well, but their chance creation will likely dip even further this week.

Bruce won't name names as to who is out (but Wilson himself has been training) but if there are many significant first teamers out, they could be in for an absolute pasting even against a pretty awful West Brom team.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Doooooo itttt

Salah here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭eggy81

I keep swapping it between salah and Wilson. I feel salah will start but at the same time there’s a nagging doubt there too. I think Koop will want to blow Fulham away and I’d hate to miss out on captaining him for that. But what if he starts on the bench. Rage.

I was looking at Son, because he is great, but in spite of their great recent form, they're on an xG of 1.38 from their last 3 (admittedly very difficult) games.

Son has still managed 2 goals and an assist in that spell, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him perform again, but I don't know if it would be enough for me to actually put the captain on him.

Vardy is a safer bet, but I'm actually heavily tempted by Grealish against a Wolves team who look awful and kind of already did even before Jimenez got injured. Only thing I'd be a little bit worried about is that Nuno will go back to 3 at the back and they'll be more solid and while maybe not any more effective, they might just be the kind of team that loses 1-0 now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Mo Mo Mo Merry Christmas

• Registered Users Posts: 17,224 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Got Salah in for a hit hopefully for a prophet ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭DublinCJM

Tempted to swap Mane out for Salah, but with the slight chance of him not starting I think I'm gonna bank and give the captain to Mane...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,633 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Dont have Salah yet so its on Son. Tempted by Mane though

DublinCJM wrote: »
    Tempted to swap Mane out for Salah, but with the slight chance of him not starting I think I'm gonna bank and give the captain to Mane...
    Think Mane is a great shout this week. There were stats floating around about the amount of goals they concede, either created or scored from his side of the pitch. Appears to be an area of weakness for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭joeyboy11

Salah for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

No mo so I'm currently on ings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Salah playing the full 90 on Tuesday has put a huge doubt in my mind. I have him so I'm currently planning on not captaining him as a kind of half measure. If he does well at least I'll get his points and he's not hugely owned at the minute. If he doesn't start and doesn't do well at least there's a chance my captain choice will do well and make some ground that way.

So at the moment I'm captaining Bamford.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭ThewhiteJesus

sticking to the prophet he looks sharp

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Salah with bamford VC after I make my moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I think maybe KDB if i don't get Salah. I expect them to score 2 or more and KDB has been central to everything lately, on pens too.

he should have had more points in his last 2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

Klonker wrote: »
    Salah playing the full 90 on Tuesday has put a huge doubt in my mind. I have him so I'm currently planning on not captaining him as a kind of half measure. If he does well at least I'll get his points and he's not hugely owned at the minute. If he doesn't start and doesn't do well at least there's a chance my captain choice will do well and make some ground that way.

So at the moment I'm captaining Bamford.

I'm in the same boat. I'm thinking of captaining Kane instead to be safe.

Had a fire to put out in Zietch had to take a -4 to get in Mane couldn't afford Salah so its him i will captain.

Not much thought put into that though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

DublinCJM wrote: »

Did that move with my FT
    Could bite (would have captained KBD instead) but Jota has a knock and although Mane always looks dangerous he hasn't scored many lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Might take a chance away from Salah and go with that chance creation machine Bruno. Might be a sneaky penalty too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Salah
    Son vc

Advertisement