Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smart Watch + Spotify Offline

Options
  • 10-12-2020 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭

Has anyone been able to get this working on a smart watch. Lots of the watches list Spotify and Music Storage in their specs but few allow you to play Spotify offline.
    Offline is where you say go for a jog wearing the watch but leaving your phone at home. The watch doesn't have a SIM card so has no connectivity to any WiFi or mobile network.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,322 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

thegills wrote: »
    Has anyone been able to get this working on a smart watch. Lots of the watches list Spotify and Music Storage in their specs but few allow you to play Spotify offline.
    Offline is where you say go for a jog wearing the watch but leaving your phone at home. The watch doesn't have a SIM card so has no connectivity to any WiFi or mobile network.

Use this on my Forerunner 945 all the time. Connect your Spotify app on the watch via usb (IIRC you can do it all over WiFi too but it eats battery)to your PC , download the music you want to the watch ,its pretty obvious when you have them connected together and off you go sans phone.
    I usually just download suggested playlists and stuff like like that because I'm to lazy to make my own. Works great.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Works perfectly with Garmin 645 Music. Auto syncs to playlists when charging too and will update the playlists on the watch. Easy enough to control while running too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭healy1835

Works perfectly with Garmin 645 Music. Auto syncs to playlists when charging too and will update the playlists on the watch. Easy enough to control while running too.

+1 to this. I do everything over wifi too. No messing around with connecting to a PC or laptop. App has stopped working a couple of times over the last year, but usually a soft reset and reinstall fixes problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭rovers_runner

healy1835 wrote: »
    +1 to this. I do everything over wifi too. No messing around with connecting to a PC or laptop. App has stopped working a couple of times over the last year, but usually a soft reset and reinstall fixes problem.

Another vote for the 645 music, great watch.
    Use them with the beats x at the moment. Sound hasn't dropped once in a dozen runs to date.

Watch best price is argos at around 250 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,967 ✭✭✭✭event

Also on the 645, great job. It and a pair of Aftershokz Aeropex does a great job.

I think the 245M does the same too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Thanks everyone for the replies. Teenage daughter wanted the Apple or Samsung watch but trying to explain that Spotify won't work without the phone was a struggle. Cheers and Happy Xmas all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

How do people find the 645 ? I’m thinking of upgrading from the 235. I don’t really need to ( it’s about 2 years old ) but I’d like the option of music. Any other features over the 235 that people tknd good ?

tks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭antimatterx

I'm in a similar issue with Spotify and Apple Watch. I'm just going to use my brothers email and sign up for a student apple music account. €5 a month.

Spotify are working on this feature afaik, so I'll unsub once this is released.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

https://www.mightyaudio.co.uk/

We got that for the young lad last year. Sync your playlists to it and carry it like a small MP3 player.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭tipperary

lulublue22 wrote: »
    How do people find the 645 ? I’m thinking of upgrading from the 235. I don’t really need to ( it’s about 2 years old ) but I’d like the option of music. Any other features over the 235 that people tknd good ?

tks

Worth considering the 245 music as well. I picked one up earlier in the year and delighted with it. Its a newer model than the 645 and has some features that the 645 doesn't have (as well as not having some that the 645 does have).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭lulublue22

tipperary wrote: »
    Worth considering the 245 music as well. I picked one up earlier in the year and delighted with it. Its a newer model than the 645 and has some features that the 645 doesn't have (as well as not having some that the 645 does have).

Tks but being honest it’s the price of the 645. The 235 is 3 years old not 2 but is perfectly fine. I’d like the running dynamics but not sure if they ate beneficial or not. Music is always handy and I could justify the €250 price tag of the 645 but not sure I could justify the 245 price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Lads. Are you using your Garmin with an iPhone? Any issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

Advertisement