Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Renault Zoe ze40

• 19-11-2020 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi, can someone tell me what the winter range is roughly on the Renault Zoe ze 40?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Bixler3

Depends on your style of driving, your use of heating and the roads you use (urban vs motorway) but you should get north of 200km.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭ei9go

In the real world you will definately be needing to think about charging by 180 km.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭handpref

colmkirk wrote: »
    Hi, can someone tell me what the winter range is roughly on the Renault Zoe ze 40?

Sub zero conditions 240km is the worst I’ve achieved- that’s with full heating and keeping with traffic.

Summer - 270- 300km depending on the right foot

Based on a mixture of motorway and national primary routes-

I’ve done the 100km commute 3 times in summer without charging but it was to the wire and going easy.

Very underestimated little car.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,693 ✭✭✭✭unkel

The official figures from Renault were 300km range summer, 200km range winter. A lot less of course if you drive at 120km/h GPS speed.

What are your driving patterns, colmkirk? A lot of prospective EV buyers on here are getting the wrong idea from some owners because experiences are not comparable or taken out of context.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

we're getting a lot more than 200kms out of our one, we go from the Midlands to Lucan once a week in it at motorway speed and its still doing the round trip with some to spare.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gorevs

got 120 miles winter range out of it with a bit to spare, heating on, driven like a "normal car" rural roads mainly

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭handpref

colmkirk wrote: »

Watched the colder winter range this week.
    The GOM today was the same as it was all week - 242km’s.
    That’s after the 100k round trip.
    30km motorway at 110km going in with traffic and 20km national primary route.

Going home motorway speed is 120kmph on motorway
    Heating set for 22deg c.
    Pre conditioned before leaving.

Morning temp for commute -1deg c
    Evening temp 5deg but at 2deg by the time I got home.

Obviously speed is the big factor....

• Registered Users Posts: 22 colmkirk

Is yours the q90 model? Would the range differ much on the q and r model?

handpref wrote: »
    Sub zero conditions 240km is the worst I’ve achieved- that’s with full heating and keeping with traffic.

Summer - 270- 300km depending on the right foot

Based on a mixture of motorway and national primary routes-

I’ve done the 100km commute 3 times in summer without charging but it was to the wire and going easy.

Very underestimated little car.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,786 ✭✭✭Old diesel

I thought the ze40 was a nice drive last year when I test drove one. Interior is rather basic in a normal one (ie not a signature).

Turn off for me is the ESBs thing of turning some of the 22 kw AC public charging into 44 kw DC.

Indicating that public charging of an AC only charging Zoe will become harder in future.

Mind you - the 22 kw AC is still the most common charge standard at the moment in terms of public charging It's more a long term issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭adunis

230 sub zero rural hilly pi@@ing rain driving as hard as normally.

• Advertisement
Advertisement