Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gogglebox Ireland

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Rodin wrote: »
    There are PLENTY of middle class people in Ireland.
    They're the ones that pay for everything.

Anyone who works must be middle class so

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

U been drinkin d cans 2nite?

So pathetic. I can guarantee u of any one of the gogglebox stars said oh I hope trump wins and gets voted back in, do u actually think they would air that?

Drinking a few cans would definitely be a better time spent then trying to educate a fool like u.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,835 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Definitely my favourites on the show, they've always been good though even when there was a better overall cast.

Wasn't sure about the family with the 3 sons at first [the family with the ex-copper dad] but they can be funny too, the mother is coming out of her shell a bit and one of the sons is hilarious with the dumb questions he asks :D

If I was to vote a couple households off, now that the season is over, I'd go with the dry Galways couple [she does my head in more than he does, he seems to at least try] and the couple from Tallaght [boxer shorts dude]

Yes I don't mind them either now

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

If we are not allowed to talk about the English Gogglebox , which runs parallel, often reviews the same programmes so is kinda amusing to see the Irish reaction vs the English one.

Can we please have a ban on discussing American politics it has absolutely nothing to do with the show. If I wanted to hear about the pros and cons of Trump I'd head to the current affairs forum. If your political views are different than the participants in the show, that's fine, but the majority of us are tuning in for a giggle not a political debate.

I wasn't aware we couldn't talk about the UK one! I've mentioned it numerous times in here, I prefer it to the irish one tbh but mostly because I've been watching it from start - which was a few year before the irish version

Agree on the politics though, no political talk of any kind, not just US

fin12 wrote: »
    So pathetic. I can guarantee u of any one of the gogglebox stars said oh I hope trump wins and gets voted back in, do u actually think they would air that?

Drinking a few cans would definitely be a better time spent then trying to educate a fool like u.

Can we drop the Trump BS? honestly, nobody really cares that much, there's political threads on here if it's your thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,769 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

I wasn't aware we couldn't talk about the UK one! I've mentioned it numerous times in here, I prefer it to the irish one tbh but mostly because I've been watching it from start - which was a few year before the irish version

Another poster requested it as there is a uk Gogglebox thread too, but it's not overly active ( as we all use this one).

Personally, talking about both in this thread never bothered me. It's a 4 year old thread with only 2,000 posts so not like it's a fast moving thread. Though I might be biased as I've talked about the uk one too.

The politics however, and the tin foil hat censorship comments are killing this thread in my opinion , a hell of a lot more than talking about Giles and Mary in the UK!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭deisedude

R u thick? The show is obviously censored..

You are right. The illuminati are clearly Virgin media producers hell bent on brainwashing our minds with their woke, Liberal lefty agenda. Wake up sheeple!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭notsoyoungwan

Just goes to show we all have different opinion, yours is neither right nor wrong, just like anyone else's. I find the Cabra girls painful, they do my head in, the Grufferttys have started to annoy me a bit too - the daughter seems the most sensible of them, the Dad has just gotten so melodramatic and it seems forced. Whereas the family with the 3 lads are at least lightly entertaining, maybe the one who asks the silly questions is playing up a bit? who cares? he seems comfortable within the family and I don't see their laughing at him as anything derogatory

I’m aware my opinion is neither right nor wrong, just like anyone else’s ... not sure why you felt the need to point that out?

I don’t think the family laughing at the lad’s dumb questions is derogatory, it just makes me wonder if they’re all equally dumb, if that’s what they find funny, or are they reacting that way for the cameras, or to reinforce a view of him as a funny character, that’s all, but in any event I find them quite irritating.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,941 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

mod: keep things civil. If you can't be friendly in your response, consider not posting at all to this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Can we drop the Trump BS? honestly, nobody really cares that much, there's political threads on here if it's your thing

My point is the show is censored/ edited in favour of their own political views rte/ virgin media, the piece on trump is proving my point, last year it was Peter Casey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,276 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Another poster requested it as there is a uk Gogglebox thread too, but it's not overly active ( as we all use this one).

Personally, talking about both in this thread never bothered me. It's a 4 year old thread with only 2,000 posts so not like it's a fast moving thread. Though I might be biased as I've talked about the uk one too.

The politics however, and the tin foil hat censorship comments are killing this thread in my opinion , a hell of a lot more than talking about Giles and Mary in the UK!

Think it was me who mentioned about the UK talk in here. As I don't watch the UK one anymore, and this is the 'Gogglebox Ireland' thread, I personally find it a bit annoying having to skim over posts I feel are irrelevant to this thread. As far as I can see people don't even attempt to put the UK talk in the designated thread. But maybe I'm wrong and it doesn't annoy others, but in that case maybe the thread should be renamed to encompass both shows? Idk, doesn't bother me that much, but maybe others feel the same.

• fin12 wrote: »
    My point is the show is censored/ edited in favour of their own political views rte/ virgin media, the piece on trump is proving my point, last year it was Peter Casey.

Do you think we're all sheep? I couldn't care less what is shown on it or what the participants opinions are, it's hardly going to sway the viewers own opinions, it's light hearted entertainment, in saying that I've never met a trump supporter irl but I'm old enough to know what people say in public and what they actually think can be very different.

Think it was me who mentioned about the UK talk in here. As I don't watch the UK one anymore, and this is the 'Gogglebox Ireland' thread, I personally find it a bit annoying having to skim over posts I feel are irrelevant to this thread. As far as I can see people don't even attempt to put the UK talk in the designated thread. But maybe I'm wrong and it doesn't annoy others, but in that case maybe the thread should be renamed to encompass both shows? Idk, doesn't bother me that much, but maybe others feel the same.

I would rather it be just a 'Gogglebox' thread as there's a bit more to discuss that way. They both show much the same programs each week. Don't mind if we just stick to the Irish one, should be a light hearted thread either way

Any update on the girl who was sick from the earlier series family, she was on with her dad and sister, the dad had glasses, I can't remember their names

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Any update on the girl who was sick from the earlier series family, she was on with her dad and sister, the dad had glasses, I can't remember their names

Was that the girl with anorexia ??
    Heard her on the radio a number of weeks back, she seemed happy and confident of getting things back together..

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

R u thick? The show is obviously censored..

R u thick? Says the Trump supporter :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Find the British normal version much better than the Irish version too, there seems to be more thought put into the critiques of the British viewers, whereas the Irish people largely just play it safe with groupthink soundbites
    , I prefer it to the irish one tbh but mostly because I've been watching it from start - which was a few year before the irish version
    I've been watching the British one from the start too, and it has gone waaay downhill. The Irish one started off a bit dodgy but it's definitely superior now.

Jenny and Lee from Hull often seem to stage something 'hilarious', although Dale and Dawn on the Irish one may be heading that way too. Sophie and her brother Pete too.

What I hate about the British one is the way they stick with one programme week after week, and dedicate at least 10 minutes to it each week. For example, they almost showed the whole of Line Of Duty in the last series (I think)! I used to fast forward because I wasn't interested..."Have they finished talking about it?...No!". Continue with the fast-forwarding...

4Ad wrote: »
    Was that the girl with anorexia ??
    Heard her on the radio a number of weeks back, she seemed happy and confident of getting things back together..

That's good, find an article

https://www.irishmirror.ie/showbiz/irish-showbiz/gogglebox-ireland-star-opens-up-22518074

• Registered Users Posts: 30,150 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Christmas special will air 9th of December at 9pm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

The Christmas special is going to be Irish families living abroad
    Should be a laugh which is badly needed with all this misery lately
    I’m watching the Irish U.K. and Australian from start to finish again, funny stuff

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I’m watching the Irish U.K. and Australian from start to finish again, funny stuff

Hi - where would I find the OZ version? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

English version is a far superior show for some reason, much better content, characters and editing.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Danick wrote: »
    Hi - where would I find the OZ version? Thanks

it is available to view online, i cant link as it is frowned upon to discuss on boards

google is your friend

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »

I am not keen on the Irish abroad so far and no Cavan twins or John and David

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭deisemum

The Irish abroad are trying too hard especially the three down under.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,870 ✭✭✭thesandeman

That last bit was a load of shíte anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,071 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I am not keen on the Irish abroad so far and no Cavan twins or John and David

Very dull!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

deisemum wrote: »
    The Irish abroad are trying too hard especially the three down under.

Yeah,the three in Auckland are painful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭giveitholly

jojofizzio wrote: »
    Yeah,the three in Auckland are painful

Are they a threesome?

Advertisement