Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Issue with Nissan leaf charger timer

• 09-12-2020 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

I don't understand the charge timer, I have a first timer starting at 23:00.
    If I add a second timer for a quick charge in day time (12 to 13:40) it's seems to disable the day for my primary timer.
    (by the way is the day in orange enable or is that the day marked in white?)

so for instance I try to add Monday to the second timer, but as you can see on the picture, it's turn off Monday on the primary timer. (I want both one, one full charge at night time, one quick charge in day time

I have the same issue with the climate timer

dLQNn04
    nkhz9t2

https://ibb.co/nkhz9t2
    https://ibb.co/dLQNn04

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,068 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Did you try adding an end time to timer 1? So set it to 0:00-8:00 (that will still be a full charge at night rate) and then set timer 2 as you had it and see if it accepts that?

I suspect you have overlapping times due to the lack of an end time, which it doesnt like.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kevincork

KCross wrote: »
    Did you try adding an end time to timer 1? So set it to 0:00-8:00 (that will still be a full charge at night rate) and then set timer 2 as you had it and see if it accepts that?

I suspect you have overlapping times due to the lack of an end time, which it doesnt like.

Yes (23:00 - 07:00) is the night meter at winter time right?
    Anyway I tried and still do the same thing with the days (when I select one on timer 1, it's remove it from timer2).

I suppose a work around would be 23:00 to 11:00, so it's charge over night and then after dropping my kids to school it's will charge again for around two hours. Although I would only need the second charge only Monday to Friday.

Same for the climate control, it's weird, I have a Volvo XC90 too, it's very simple to put two different timer, perhaps you can only have one / day with the leaf?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,068 ✭✭✭✭KCross

kevincork wrote: »
    Yes (23:00 - 07:00) is the night meter at winter time right?

23:00-8:00 in winter..... night rate is always 9hrs

... perhaps you can only have one / day with the leaf?
    Maybe it does only allow one timer per day. I cant remember now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

Pretty sure you can only set one day at a time.

You could just press the over-ride button for the two hours Mon-Fri or you could set a start time for 2300hrs and set the finish at the time the two hours finish at for Monday to Friday and the weekend timer separately?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,803 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Yeah it only allows one timer per day, some countries have different night rate times at the weekend so this is probably to account for this.

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭kevincork

Yeah it only allows one timer per day, some countries have different night rate times at the weekend so this is probably to account for this.

My mom (in France) have “night rates” in the middle of the day, something like 12-14h and night time too still... I dream of that here, but that might come with the new smart meter coming across Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 10,803 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

kevincork wrote: »
    My mom (in France) have “night rates” in the middle of the day, something like 12-14h and night time too still... I dream of that here, but that might come with the new smart meter coming across Ireland

In the UK they've started getting agile tariffs where the price changes every 30 mins and is published 24 hours in advance. The prices can even go negative, so you'll be paid for using electricity

Combined with home automation and a smart EV charger, you could save a fine bit of money on your electricity bill

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

Advertisement