Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Unable to get a credit check from foreign country

• 13-06-2019 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello everyone,

So last year I worked abroad for 10 months in Austria and returned just before Christmas for a better job.

I am currently looking into getting a mortgage. I have everything in order (deposits/statements etc.). The only thing I am struggling with is a credit check from Austria.

For anyone wondering, Austria has no central credit bureau, unlike Ireland. Any third party agency I have contacted so far has not being able to help. This is a very long story and would waste a lot of time explaining. Anyone who has lived in Austria before would understand.

Anyways, if anyone has experience or even expertise about getting a credit check from Austria then please let me know.

Also, if in the extreme event I can't get a credit check will the banks take proof that I can not get this into account (I have email proof from different agencies).

Thanks.

PS - All I had in Austria was a current account for work and only used this strictly for salary payments.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭LirW

Might be an idea getting in touch with your former bank and get them to draft you a letter saying you've only been a current account Customer with them.
    When I moved to Ireland I printed out all my transfers of the last year I lived in Austria, you might need it one day for social welfare purposes anyway.

What did banks say about not being able to get a credit history because something like this doesn't exist? Austria isn't the only country not having anything like that.

You could also argue if you'd be in debt in Austria still you'd have payments going out of your account to a foreign lending institution, which clearly isn't the case. Get proof that your Austrian bank account is closed.

I feel your pain though, when I moved over I had drawn out issues with my bank for stuff that should take no time at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭limerick85

Hi,it's not Austrian related but having the same issue when looking for a German credit check.has anyone any advice.i am in Ireland for 9 years but still have a German account from which I pay loans from.who should I contact in Germany??Banks want this for our mortgage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

limerick85 wrote: »
    Hi,it's not Austrian related but having the same issue when looking for a German credit check.has anyone any advice.i am in Ireland for 9 years but still have a German account from which I pay loans from.who should I contact in Germany??Banks want this for our mortgage

The famous Schufa I would imagine.

https://www.germanymore.de/check-schufa-score-germany/

Advertisement