Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 11 Match Day thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Feel like I got out of jail mildly without KdB and Werner just about ticking over as captain... 60 with KWP to play tomorrow night!

Well 50, with Soucek (and 2 for Torres sub) to sub in for Grealish tomorrow night for a late rally to hopefully improve my rank psychologically! Heh heh heh :pac:

Only seemed to be one big hitter short of a very good score. It's fun having different options, so each week feels like everything is to play for more than a strict template! Probably need to rectify not having at least one of Salah, KdB or Kane however

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Lundstram

53 all done. A week to forget.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

88 points with Lamptey to play. KDB (c), Son, Kane, James, Bamford, DCL, Dias, & Fernandes got me returns. Only downside was not owning Mo, but very happy regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭Happy4all

Is Mo Salah's price likely to rise?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I had just Vardy and Jota today so a bit of a disaster in terms of rank.

58 (-4) with KWP and Lamptey to go. Down from 147k to 387k.

Unless it's a nil all draw tomorrow with KWP and Lamptey getting bps it looks like I'll be getting my second red arrow of the season. An attacking return from one or both would be welcome otherwise.

Son and Robbo out for a hit to KDB (c) and Dias still paid off but I would have liked to keep Son especially. There are just so many premium assets nowadays you have to make sacrifices though.

I could have gotten rid of Ziyech for this GW and kept Son but I only realised this after transferring Son out. Then again at least there is no doubt about my transfers for GW12 now with Salah coming back in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Happy4all wrote: »
    Is Mo Salah's price likely to rise?

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

70 from 9 with McCarthy left to play

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

71 (-12) from 9 with only Welbeck to go

Had I done nothing with my team I would have got 75, but I was never going to do nothing with City playing Fulham, and to get KdB was a -8, unless I got Brewster which I didn't want to. That being said as a short term solution I may end up bringing him in for a GW or two now.
    I'm getting closer to the team that I think I want, but Covid issues with Newcastle is being a pain.

In the 11 GW's so far, I've had Son for 9 of them - in the two that I didn't - he's got 31points. I've captained him twice, first time he got taken off at half time with 1 point, and second game in blanked and got 2 points. Talk about getting punished and having no luck with a player

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭macraignil

On 70 with Ryan to play which is nice after being on 15 after yesterday. Ziyech, Jota, Brewster and Coufal 1 pointers not helping much but I think there's a slim chance of breaking the top 1mill OR if Ryan has a brilliant score tomorrow night. HEWT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

60(-4) with 3 to go. If I could just get some more points I'll be happy. It started so well. Everyone else performing the first week I made a good captain choice (KDB) was a pain. Bruno benched, Jota benched, Ziyech injury to contend with amongst that. If I hadn't taken a minus 4 hit, I would be on 41 so I class that as worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,769 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

82 with KWP and Walcott to go and only played with 10 players because didn't want to waste a -4 on a defender

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

73 with KWP and McCarthy tomorrow, so hopefully a Southampton clean sheet. Ranked 3,371 in the world now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

siblers wrote: »
    Jaysus. Some monster scores here. My 65 seems pretty poor now

Try 56 (-4) all out, when the -4 was for Johnstone!

If I’d just done the transfer I’d planned all week (Ziyech to KDB(c)) I’d have got 76, but I tried to be clever by going Grealish to Mahrez (c)

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

82 with Lamptey and Ryan. FINALLY a very good week and hopefully can kick on from here

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Benimar wrote: »
    Try 56 (-4) all out, when the -4 was for Johnstone!

If I’d just done the transfer I’d planned all week (Ziyech to KDB(c)) I’d have got 76, but I tried to be clever by going Grealish to Mahrez (c)

If I hadn't rage transfered Bamford to Wilson I'd be on 73. Serves me right i guess

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

siblers wrote: »
    If I hadn't rage transfered Bamford to Wilson I'd be on 73. Serves me right i guess

And transfer thread is saying West Brom match now in doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

titan18 wrote: »
    Doable, just can't have Kane at that point. I don't think there's a reasonable way to have Salah, Bruno, KDB and one of Son/Kane

I’ve ended up with them all in my side for next week
    Johnstone
    KWP James Laptey
    KDB Salah Bruno Grealish
    Kane Wilson Adams
    Justin Kilman Gordon

• Registered Users Posts: 42,079 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I’ve ended up with them all in my side for next week
    Johnstone
    KWP James Laptey
    KDB Salah Bruno Grealish
    Kane Wilson Adams
    Justin Kilman Gordon
    Kilman and Gordon could cost you with rotation a certainty over the busy festive period.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭Starlord_01

70 with KWP and Bissouma to play. No points on bench to replace Foden.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

74 with KWP to play.

Delighted tbh... I had no GK, I had Riedewald who played 15 mins and Coufal who actually was unlucky not to have gotten an assist but wouldnt have been my starter if Villa game was on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ings back on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Kilman and Gordon could cost you with rotation a certainty over the busy festive period.

Ya hopefully Kilman can regain his place.. it’s not ideal but sets me up for this week ok once Newcastle have a game

Lampety starts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

KWP starts too thankfully.

Great to see Ings back. He is probably number 1 contender to replace DCL if Digne's absence starts to show

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

A 0-0 tonight would be the dream.

A 0-0 tonight would be the dream.

Im hoping Lamptey, KWP and Ryan all get at least 2 goals each :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭begbysback

Southampton keeper and striker, 4-0

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭The wonderfish

Let’s go Wellbeck 😀

• Advertisement

A 44 pointer from Lamptey would be super

And if JWP and McCarthy could get sent off too