Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swing speed enhancers

• 04-12-2020 11:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭

Has anyone tried any of the swing speed enhancers like;

Swing Speed Golf

Superspeed Golf

I've been working a lot on my stability and take away, after spotting some issues with early release through impact, but once I have that sorted, I'm thinking of seeing if I can increase my swing speed as my swing should be in good shape.

The testimonials seem very positive but they're not particularly cheap, especially the Superspeed Golf set, and I'd want to be pretty sure they'll have an impact before buying them.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

What is your current chs with your driver?

There is probably easier gains to be made than forking out for the above equipment

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭AOH77A

I bough the swing speed as a Christmas present to myself. The reviews look good and every little helps.

The swing speed does the same job as the super speed at half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭golfguy1

SuprSi wrote: »
    Has anyone tried any of the swing speed enhancers like;

Swing Speed Golf

Superspeed Golf

I've been working a lot on my stability and take away, after spotting some issues with early release through impact, but once I have that sorted, I'm thinking of seeing if I can increase my swing speed as my swing should be in good shape.

The testimonials seem very positive but they're not particularly cheap, especially the Superspeed Golf set, and I'd want to be pretty sure they'll have an impact before buying them.

I have the super speed set.
    Definite speed gains. I went from 98 up to 102 during 1st lockdown. Need to be done 3/5 times per week. Imo worth the investment.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuprSi

redzerdrog wrote: »
    What is your current chs with your driver?

There is probably easier gains to be made than forking out for the above equipment

I'm not sure about the driver tbh, got fitted for a set of irons last week and my 7 iron was 95 mph. If I was going to get these I'd go to the pro at my club and get measured before starting.

Good to hear gains from people here, seems like a solid investment.

I'm not sure about the driver tbh, got fitted for a set of irons last week and my 7 iron was 95 mph. If I was going to get these I'd go to the pro at my club and get measured before starting.

If u swing ur 7 iron at 95mph ur in no need of extra speed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

If you are swinging a 7 iron at 95mph then you are already swinging very fast and there might be more gains to be made in something like a fit for golf program or some training using medicine balls rather than over speed training

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭decko11

Superspeed is ok...small benefit... I go to Brendan McDaid who uses them in lessons

decko11 wrote: »
    Superspeed is ok...small benefit... I go to Brendan McDaid who uses them in lessons

How often have u used them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭SuprSi

golfguy1 wrote: »
    If u swing ur 7 iron at 95mph ur in no need of extra speed.

It's more a case of seeing if it's possible. If I'm not swinging as quickly as I can, why not try to? Obviously I'm more concerned with keeping things straight and consistent but if I can do that while swinging faster, why not?

It's more a case of seeing if it's possible. If I'm not swinging as quickly as I can, why not try to? Obviously I'm more concerned with keeping things straight and consistent but if I can do that while swinging faster, why not?

Suppose it is a strengths/weaknesses question. If u are a very low handicap and reasonably straight relative to ur swing speed then maybe look to speed sticks.
    If ur inaccurate probably best to work on technique before trying to gain more speed imo.
    Most of us can only dream of your swing speeds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I thought about getting those before but never did - one concern I'd have about them is they look like just a weight on a shaft rather than a something you could hit a ball with. Would it not be preferable to have a lighter/heavier/adjustable driver that you could hit a ball (even a foam one) with.

I have a Swing Speed radar and, like the OP, no shortage of club head speed. But unless I hit a ball (foam will do) my clubhead speed is way down.

Advertisement