Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Sky - US Pace - ABC (**Spoilers**)

• 01-10-2020 2:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭

One of the first new series of the Fall season starts November 17th

From David E Kelley starring Katheryn Winnick & Ryan Phillippe
    Private detectives Cassie Dewell and Cody Hoyt join forces with his estranged wife and ex-cop, Jenny Hoyt, to search for two sisters who have been kidnapped by a truck driver on a remote highway in Montana. But when they discover that these are not the only girls who have disappeared in the area, they must race against the clock to stop the killer before another woman is taken.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Full trailer

Looking forward to this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,739 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

strange tone to those trailers particularly the first one very upbeat music for a story about kidnapping

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is this a limited once off series?

I enjoyed the opening episode setting up the series and wow I did not see that ending coming till just before it happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Some annoying parts and so far finding at least one character being annoying and making stupid decisions.
    But as it got towards the end it got a bit more interesting so will check it out.
    Not sure how many episodes are planned.

I haven't read any of the book series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,431 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

This was good - didn't like how it started, but it got so much better for the second half. Great ending too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I enjoyed the opening episode setting up the series and wow I did not see that ending coming till just before it happened.

Given this persons position on the opening credits, I had expect this sooner.

Episode 2 was good too (forgot to watch it last week).
    Wife is a bit smarter than he was. :)

I think the most negative thing I have to say so far is Dani is annoying.

this is pretty average to bad imo

only thing to recommend it really are the 2 hot female leads

David E Kelley's formulas are well out of date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Just watched the pilot of this, really didn't take to it. Even pilot was clumsy and been here many many times before, but done a lot better. I'd suggest people watch the trailer first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭robwen

The ones singing at the end of episode 2 was a bit ridiculous or cringy or something

robwen wrote: »
    The ones singing at the end of episode 2 was a bit ridiculous or cringy or something

yes those kids would wreck your head (particularly the blonde one as said) and the trans yoke is a classic 2020 "woke" token inclusion.

While she seems too smart at times, at least the younger sister has some sense. How many times has she had an idea only for her sister to try and discourage her. At this point they must know there are no immediate plans to kill them.
    Don't know why instead of trying to dig her way out that she didn't at least attempt to get the other 2 out by trying to open the door.

What's the relationship between the 2 guys again?

Was checking to see how many episodes there are. Looks like 10 with episode 5 being the last before Christmas then back on 26th Jan

yes re your spoiler thought that at the time - was just really poorly done as all was needed was to get pretty much anything in the shed to use as a lever

anyways won't be watching any more of it

ABC have given the show a 6 episode back order bringing it to 16 episodes.

It is ABC biggest debut series since The Rookie.

ABC have given the show a 6 episode back order bringing it to 16 episodes.

It is ABC biggest debut series since The Rookie.

ABC - not exactly known for quality drama shows tho really

https://www.google.com/search?q=most+popular+abc+shows&oq=most+popular+abc+shows&aqs=chrome..69i57j0i20i263j0i22i30l3.5409j0j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#wxpd=:true

With this news I may drop it. I assumed it was all planned out since based on a novel. But this now means they drag the story out longer than needed

Well now that midseason cliffhanger changes everything.

Wonder where the story goes from here? He was
    the more interesting of the 2 villains

• Advertisement

Was sure they were about to do another bait and switch. 2 in one episode would be overkill.
    Last week's episode had me thinking the 2 women were really bad at their jobs. They chose the right building yet because the girls weren't just left out in the open for them to find, they left.

Caught up on the last two. How the hell did Legarski survive a flippin' bullet in the head?

I was full sure that Ronald's mother was dead all along (and he was having imaginary conversations with her), so was disappointed when he actually killed her. :)

Still a decent series though. Two episodes left.

So what obvious thing did we learn this week: If you're planning on turning someone in wanted for kidnapping, torture and potential murder, don't tell them in advance.

Legarski faking?

Does everyone have a cage in their basement? Maybe his mother used it for him?
    Only the paperboy recognised him? Not the priest or anyone else in the area?

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Looks like Disney Star has picked up here

I'm guessing that was the original ending to tie most things up and leave a little cliffhanger and now the back order episodes will be the manhunt.

Not sure how they drag it out without another case.
    What was with the driving? They seemed to struggle to drive alongside and get in front of the Tesla even though she was able to catch up to it and it never increased speed.

No return date yet. Just "spring"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Not sure how they drag it out without another case.
    What was with the driving? They seemed to struggle to drive alongside and get in front of the Tesla even though she was able to catch up to it and it never increased speed.

No return date yet. Just "spring"

Back 13th April
    No idea how I watched all of this its ridiculous !

The driving was stupid they reused shots as well , but the most ridiculous was the straining from the driver when she was overtaking , its a car you know the engine does all the work other than pressing the pedal to the metal. And the smart thing would be to get in front of the Car and just slow it to a stop , testing its braking power with a complete standstill stop was beyond stupid but on brand for our two daft detectives.

My guess for the second half is we will have another case that ties in
    I think the Sheriff will be part of the smuggling ring
    He arrived at the Shop after Big Rick was shot pretty quick so maybe that was him arriving to pick up the girls
    He could have given Big Rick the heads up to move from the barn.
    His constant letting them getting involved and offering them a job despite their constant breaking rules would in likelihood have tanked a prosecution against big Rick. He could have tossed them out on their ass so many times and arrested them several times if he wanted but maybe this was to keep them close , then I could be giving the writers far too much credit

The complete stop was due to something in the road. Don't know what it was or how it got there but she swerved to avoid it resulting in her stopping.
    I was planning on watching to the end of the case and I think that's over. Will watch the first episode back

• Advertisement

Not enjoying the second half of the season at all. The Ronald stuff is still good, but the storyline with the completely unlikeable new family is brutal.

Advertisement