Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedges

• 26-11-2020 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭

Anyone have the Taylormade Tiger Woods spec wedges and would you recommend? My local golf store has them on offer until tomorrow and I have a voucher which I was going to use for a sand wedge post lockdown anyway. Was looking at the 56°. Any recommendations appreciated, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭tyivpc5qjx0f2b

macslash wrote: »
    Anyone have the Taylormade Tiger Woods spec wedges and would you recommend? My local golf store has them on offer until tomorrow and I have a voucher which I was going to use for a sand wedge post lockdown anyway. Was looking at the 56°. Any recommendations appreciated, thanks

Unsure what your set is, just to say I only carry two wedges.

I have to say that the Taylormade Hi Toe Big Foot in 58 degree is a game changer.

I'm guessing the TW wedge is similar to the MG2. For wedges I find shaft is often overlooked.

KBS 2.0 in Hi Toe which plays stiffer than wedge flex in vokey (imo).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭macslash

I have to say that the Taylormade Hi Toe Big Foot in 58 degree is a game changer.

I'm guessing the TW wedge is similar to the MG2. For wedges I find shaft is often overlooked.

Thanks for the reply. I have gap to 5i Wilson d7 irons with kbs tour 80 shafts. Lovely set.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭irish bloke

Hi, can you elaborate on the below comment and why you find it a game changer. also what grind/bounce is yours?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,839 ✭✭✭Russman

macslash wrote: »

Usually when wedges go on offer its because they're not selling and/or they're a bounce and grind combination that doesn't work for the average Joe amateur, or there's a new model coming out. Not suggesting this is necessarily the case here, just in general.
    All the bigger companies make good wedges, Titleist, Callaway, Ping, Taylormade, Cleveland/Srixon. Most important thing IMO is the bounce and grind, and personally I think the grind is key. If they suit you and they're a good deal, go for it, but give it some thought relative to your game and how you strike your pitches and the conditions you play in.

Advertisement