Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Immortals Fenyx Rising

• 30-11-2020 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭

Couldn't find a thread here and the Nintendo fans don't wanna share so I've started a thread here.

Anyone gonna beta test play this day 1?
    It's being released by Bugisoft but tbf it is the Quebec who are generally great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Reviews are generally positive, but it's too big a game for me to get into it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,798 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have yet to continue Valhalla, and with it coming out so soon to Cyberpunk coupled with the rep of Ubisoft, I can't see it selling very well. But I do like the look of it. I will definitely play it at some stage. Bonus from work is hopefully coming through soon, so might actually splash out on it. Will wait for a few more reviews and see if it sounds like my kind of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Definitely interested in this but gonna wait for price reduction next year. Few big games to get stuck into already, plus recent ubi track record suggests to wait until a few patches out and bugs etc fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭recyclops

SkillUp really liked it:

I'm on the fence. Ubisoft has really upset me this year.

this video looks like ass creed odyssey dressed up as a poor BOTW for halloween

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,777 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Super bunnyhop was very positive about it. Saying it's not very original at all but if it ain't broke why fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭Hey_Listen

The name has to be the dumbest ever.
    It's like "LIDL, Cornflakes 1/2 Price".

And it has none of the magic of BOTW.
    Also, it's all blah, joke, blah.
    Where as in BOTW link is SILENT !
    BOTW is Toy Story 2, this game is Cars 2.

:):)

Having never played BOTW, I should definitely enjoy this so.

Ah it was staring at me on the store page, so I went and bought it. Downloading now, 21.2GB and downloading in under 25 minutes. Stuck in a digital DnD session right now though, so will be a while before I play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭Cordell

Yeah, I did a long session yesterday and I really enjoy it, it's a fresh take on the generic Ubi openworld and it's much better so far.
    I had one issue, I paused it during a cutscene and the dialogue was gone after resuming, but no crash or any other technical issue. On the progression though, it did let me struggle for a while until it told me that I don't have what I need in one instance, and said nothing on another.

I can only mirror above, have only a few hours done but im enjoying the chats between Zeus and Prometheus and the self awareness. I feel like it's caught between trying to be aimed more towards kids or adults, and is stuck in a weird inbetween, leaning more towards the kids side, but going full tilt either direction would work.

Combat seems a bit simplistic, so hopefully that opens up a bit with some powers. And so far Kassandra Fenyx is likeable. Voice work is good for Femyx, not sure what it would be like with the male voice work though. The preview made it sound as bad as Alexios.

Looking forward to playing more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Enjoying this, have the Aprodite completed, there is plenty to do and I like the vaults.

Achiles can go fcuk himself tho.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Enjoyable chilled out game.
    Genshin Impact is still the better game mainly thanks to its much better combat and team setup , pity its s gacha game though not that that bothers me that much as i havent spent any real money on it but the very fact its a gacha game turns many off.
    Of course Genshin is a lot more grindy.

Yeah, have to say I'm enjoying this. It keeps bringing me back so that's a good sign, haven't been able to get into a game in a while.

I've more or less cleared Aphrodites area, just cleared the fog in Ares area. I've most of the skills unlocked and the combat is a bit simple, but still enjoying it. The 2 lads are actually great, commenting on nearly everything and usually funny enough. Good nod towards the woke movement.

I'm a bit worried it'll overstay its welcome though, I feel like I have nearly everything unlocked and still 3 areas before the boss area to unlock/clear. Unless there's some hidden skills to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Due to a simple error wherin I paid my credit card instead of my gas bill I decided to buy this, having already purchased Cyber Punk and almost bought COD Blops but managed to stop myself before things got out of hand.
    Having never played BOTW or even owned a Nintendo I can safely say without fear of contradiction this is better than anything Nintendo or Namco have ever made.
    Quite happy with my purchase although my house is very cold.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,720 ✭✭✭Greyfox

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Having never played BOTW or even owned a Nintendo

Oh dear, what have you been doing with your life

Having put a good bit more time into this, I can definitely say I'm loving it. Yeah, the combat is a bit simple, and I'm already starting to feel over powered, but I am doing most of the side stuff as I come across it.

One thing not mentioned yet is it can be quite funny, and I find myself laughing a good bit. And every "boss" encounter is different, the fight with Herakles was brilliant. Simplistic, but really well done. Each dungeon/vault is a different puzzle too, so kudos has to be given for that.

Definitely worth the purchase for me.

^ Wow thats surprising from you as I know you put as much into Valhalla as I did, might actually pick this up for over Christmas so. What little I saw it looked looked too much like the AC games but going by what you say about it, it actually sounds pretty good.

Well it's very similar but also quite different:)

this is an enjoyable romp for sure

it's a little bit formulaic but fun and even has the odd decent bit of humour

couple of small niggles in the puzzle rooms

would prefer it for sure to the usual Ubisoft stuff like AC or Far Cry games

Getting near to the end and I'm falling for this game. What it does isn't new, but it does it really well. The characters are well written and acted, and nearly every side quest or activity is unique in a way, and there's a story for most of them. Also pretty sure I just heard a blatant vagina joke from Aphrodite, when speaking about Hephestos:
    he was so fixated on that (Pandoras) box that he ignored the box right in front of him
    !

Progression is steady and natural, but again I'm doing most side quests and activities before moving on. Have met a good few gold bar enemies, but with more of the gods blessings, you start to get uninterrupted combos and once they start hitting the 100 mark they become very OP. With good parrying, again enhanced by blessings, and good dodging with the same enhancements, it gets busy and powerful quite quick. Only using the buff potions on enemies whose patterns I've got and don't want to waste time repeating. I find the combat good like that, in that it can be easy or hard depending on what you want.

I know the catooney look will put some people off, but on the PS5 it's a beautiful looking game. You can tell real effort has been put into it, and aside from one issue where switches didn't spawn, resolved with reloading, it has been more or less flawless in performance. I'd imagine loading could be akin to Odyssey on the PS4, as its taking sometimes 10 seconds (i know, such a long time...) to load, so would be longer on the 4.

The game is fun, and that is apparently what I've been looking for in a game lately.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Okay ive put a little more time into this on PC and its one of them games that just has some magical gameplay that makes it a joy to play.
    The only other game this year to do this for me is HADES and not because of greek mythology thats purely coincidence but they have really done something fantastic with this.
    Its grabbed my attention so much more than Valhalla has then again im only 3 hours into that but this is just so much more enjoyable.

Genshin Impact also gives me almost identical gameplay vibes but alas its a gacha game,unlike Genshin with Fenyx rising everything in the game is yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 gamerLad

I just bought it, can't wait to play all weekend!

I'll save this gem for game pass :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I didnt cancel my Uplay+ today to play more of this (got it for AC and Watchdogs) this has more than made up for those 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

dreamers75 wrote: »
    I didnt cancel my Uplay+ today to play more of this (got it for AC and Watchdogs) this has more than made up for those 2.

Thanks for mentioning UPlay+, had never heard of it before but it seems like it's Ubisoft's version of EA Access or GamePass etc? Monthly sub to access their games and cancel anytime?

Was thinking of getting Immortals from cdkeys but this might be a better option.

How does the game play using kb+mouse does anyone know?

It plays perfectly with kb+mouse just like any other AC title.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Good point, it won't be coming to game pass anytime soon as they have their own service.

Advertisement