Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Walrus - Prepare to be Triggered - The Reveal

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

stupid walrus anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

tusk wrote: »
    stupid walrus anyway

16pts is not to be laughed at Tusk :) I will say I really enjoyed finding that one. Its cracking

In 7th place with scoring 17pts is
    Three more big sleeps
    with Tim Minchin & Jim Fisher - "Harbour Lights".

Notes: When i seen this song pop up, i thought it was another Lonely Island, I only ever seen Tim Minchin playing parody songs so didn't know what to expect, to say i was surprised is an understatement. Great choice and really enjoyed listening to this over and over

In 6th place scoring 18pts is
    sKeith
    with Bruno Mars - When I was your man.

Notes: Bruno has a great voice, and this is one of his best, I think Lockdown made this place higher than it would have usually for me as my father really likes Mr Mars and he does dance with my young lad to it when we are visiting which we have been unable to do.

In 5th Place scoring 19pts is
    Barney92
    with
    Notorious B.I.G. - Juicy

Notes: Come on, its Biggie, its like a cheat code with me :D Absolutely adore this. Top Choice!

• Advertisement

In 4th Place scoring 20pts! is
    Gru
    with True Tides - Survive

Notes: I really enjoyed this one from the very first listen, singers voice is clear and not overpowered which is a instantly a big plus for me. Its a great song.

New note: Just popped up on my playlist as i am typing this :pac: spooky, bopping along here!

Right so that leaves 3.. who are:

Irish Aris, Stu Redman & Baggly.

I'll be back in 10 mins!

Trigger wrote: »
    16pts is not to be laughed at Tusk :) I will say I really enjoyed finding that one. Its cracking

Yeah it really is.

Imagine writing two of the best songs ever, and thinking... 'hang on, I think we can merge these and make it better than the other two'.

what a song!

stupid walrus anyway

Great choice tusk.

Right so that leaves 3.. who are:

Irish Aris, Stu Redman & Baggly.

I'll be back in 10 mins!

Yikes, Monday just got exciting!

• Advertisement

Beginning the podium in 3rd we have
    Baggly
    who scores 21pts with The Lumineers - Stubborn Love

Notes: Straight from the first listen i loved this, it stayed up near the top and never fell down, if i was choosing something for this category myself it would be something like this. Brill

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

So Here we go!

In 10th place scoring 14 pts is
    Sawduck
    with Zager and Evans - In the year 2525

Notes: really enjoying singing along to this one, I feel incredibly high when i listen :pac:The whole thing just plays like they are on drugs and makes me feel like it too.

Excellent choice Ducky! I've always been a massive fan of this song - glad to see there are others around here who enjoy it.

Excellent choice Ducky! I've always been a massive fan of this song - glad to see there are others around here who enjoy it.

Its excellent, really enjoyed being spaced out to it! :D

Sorry had to take a call, on my day off!:mad:

In 2nd place scoring a massive 22pts is
    Irish Aris
    with

She Wants Revenge-Take The World

Notes: This is the type of music i absolutely love, i could sit and listen to this on repeat for hours. Cracking song and a well deserved 2nd place.

Which leaves us with 1st place and 23pts - which also means the Winner of the "Prepare to be Triggered Walrus" STU REDMAN! with an excellent selection that Clara would be proud of

Debussy - Clair De Lune

Notes: This is absolutely incredible, during my time in rehabilitation i have focussed mainly on songs with Lyrics totally forgetting about the true Gems that are out there, I first listened to this while incredibly stressed in work during the lockdown and it relaxed me straight away.

Music to me usually beings a range of emotions, and while listening to this i must have gone through them all, it brought back memories of my youths when all i could do was try to listen to music in songs and i think that is really what music is all about. Its an incredible piece of music that i will be forever thankful for finding

200.gif

I'll post up final table in a few

Final table below, with Tusk and Lassykk just pipped at the post and making up the podium.

Congrats Guys, and apologies for the wait.

Name 1st time Lyrical Rock Club hits Wildcard Total
    Stu Redman 21 20 13 20 23 97
    Tusk 23 19 21 13 16 92
    Lassykk 20 21 17 21 9 88
    Sawduck 14 13 22 22 14 85
    Statutory Ape 19 23 15 6 15 78
    Irish Aris 15 5 19 17 22 78
    Baggly 12 16 6 15 21 70
    Gru 16 6 8 19 20 69
    Skeith 22 9 7 12 18 68
    Also Staring LeVar Burton 9 18 16 7 11 61
    Barney92 5 8 18 11 19 61
    Rikand 11 4 9 23 12 59
    Necro 6 11 21 18 2 58
    Phatkev 18 7 2 15 10 52
    Electric Nitwit 3 22 11 9 6 51
    FixXxer 17 1 23 8 1 50
    Osh 8 3 14 16 7 48
    Homer J. Fong 13 10 5 5 13 46
    Three More Big Sleeps 7 14 1 1 17 40
    ShaneU 4 12 12 3 8 39
    Green&Red 10 17 3 2 3 35
    Beakerjoe 1 15 10 4 5 35
    Hello 2D Person Below 2 2 4 10 4 22

Id also like to say thanks to everyone who took part in this as it has been a great experience for me to try out different songs and find new artists. So there really is no losers in this for me! you are all brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Thanks Trigger

Well done Stu.

Great show trigs, might be time to book in that appointment now tho. Seems as soon as you started back up, you're taste diminished...*Cough*

You should run another one soon too. I like coming high on the table

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

Congrats Stu Redman, well deserved - especially for that last Debussy selection!!

Thank you for organising Trigger!! I'm glad my selections generally appealed to you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Congrats Stu!

Great game Trigger, love how you dragged out the reveal for dramatic effect and didn't rush to finish it like most people around here... ;)

• Advertisement

Congrats Stu!

Great game Trigger, love how you dragged out the reveal for dramatic effect and didn't rush to finish it like most people around here... ;)

It was the plan all along..

tenor.gif?itemid=12705847

Well done Stu.

Great show trigs, might be time to book in that appointment now tho. Seems as soon as you started back up, you're taste diminished...*Cough*

You should run another one soon too. I like coming high on the table

Id co-host with someone, but they can do all the background work :pac:

Id co-host with someone, but they can do all the background work :pac:

i would also do that...

*cough* clara *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

i would also do that...

*cough* clara *cough*

I'm fairly sure my walrus is up.

I'd co host with someone.

My categories are:
    Make me love country
    Bouncy songs
    Instalove (song I adore on first listen)

Which leaves us with 1st place and 23pts - which also means the Winner of the "Prepare to be Triggered Walrus" STU REDMAN! with an excellent selection that Clara would be proud of

Debussy - Clair De Lune

Notes: This is absolutely incredible, during my time in rehabilitation i have focussed mainly on songs with Lyrics totally forgetting about the true Gems that are out there, I first listened to this while incredibly stressed in work during the lockdown and it relaxed me straight away.

Music to me usually beings a range of emotions, and while listening to this i must have gone through them all, it brought back memories of my youths when all i could do was try to listen to music in songs and i think that is really what music is all about. Its an incredible piece of music that i will be forever thankful for finding

200.gif

I'll post up final table in a few

Thanks to Trigger for being a great host and fair play for seeing this through, a man of his word.

One afternoon in 2015 I was over visiting my grandfather in the nursing home. Rather than being seated in the TV room like usual, they had him seated in another rec room which I hadn't been in before. There was a CD player in the corner with a few cases scattered on the table beside it. I took a look to see if there was anything actually listenable among the images of Brendan Shine and The Three Priests, but I immediately thought that I was on to a loser.

I was looking for a shiny penny somewhere in the rubble, but I ended up winning the jackpot. On a CD of piano classics there was old reliable herself. I had always loved Clair De Lune ever since I first heard it in Oceans 11, but this particular afternoon it ascended to another level.

By the outro, I saw tears coming down Granda's still face, and that's when they started on me as well. I had no idea what he was experiencing, as he was badly afflicted with Parkinsons, Alzheimers and Dementia by then, but something stirred within him as the two of us sat there silently just listening to Clair De Lune.

I actually have tears in my eyes now writing this, but they're not sad tears. I'm so happy and blessed to have shared that moment with him before the end. It was perfect for us as he encouraged music within me from an early age.

I have my favourite bands and artists of course and love many songs, but Debussy's masterpiece is probably the piece of music I love most above all. I'm quite glad it went down well here.

Its an amazing story for you to have, thanks a million for sharing that, it really does go to show how much music means to people

I'm not crying, these are just drops of water from the leak in the ceiling!

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Final table below, with Tusk and Lassykk just pipped at the post and making up the podium.

Congrats Guys, and apologies for the wait.

Name 1st time Lyrical Rock Club hits Wildcard Total
    Stu Redman 21 20 13 20 23 97
    Tusk 23 19 21 13 16 92
    Lassykk 20 21 17 21 9 88
    Sawduck 14 13 22 22 14 85
    Statutory Ape 19 23 15 6 15 78
    Irish Aris 15 5 19 17 22 78
    Baggly 12 16 6 15 21 70
    Gru 16 6 8 19 20 69
    Skeith 22 9 7 12 18 68
    Also Staring LeVar Burton 9 18 16 7 11 61
    Barney92 5 8 18 11 19 61
    Rikand 11 4 9 23 12 59
    Necro 6 11 21 18 2 58
    Phatkev 18 7 2 15 10 52
    Electric Nitwit 3 22 11 9 6 51
    FixXxer 17 1 23 8 1 50
    Osh 8 3 14 16 7 48
    Homer J. Fong 13 10 5 5 13 46
    Three More Big Sleeps 7 14 1 1 17 40
    ShaneU 4 12 12 3 8 39
    Green&Red 10 17 3 2 3 35
    Beakerjoe 1 15 10 4 5 35
    Hello 2D Person Below 2 2 4 10 4 22

Id also like to say thanks to everyone who took part in this as it has been a great experience for me to try out different songs and find new artists. So there really is no losers in this for me! you are all brilliant!

Just seeing this now.

Well done stubert and trigs.

However, Bruno Mars placing higher than NWA.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

tenor.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Can NWA sing a love song..... please say yes.

Advertisement