Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Industry [HBO] *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,347 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

It's another BBC/HBO co-production.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,745 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

S.M.B. wrote: »
    It's another BBC/HBO co-production.

So likely to air on BBC 1 here soon

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,192 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Forgot about it, d'oh.

Pretty solid opener, with enough character detail and story to stimulate. Hari's death wasn't a surprise as someone was bound to crash and burn. The actor did a decent job that he was believable. We're all changed fonts at 3am, right? Still, though, the manner in which he slept napped in the bathroom was a bit of shock more so than he was doing it at all. No one's terribly likeable, but I think we knew that was going to be the case from the trailer and this is a cable show. Nor does it seem like any of the graduates have an edge yet, initial success or not. Soundtrack felt familiar. And why not use the FT to catch your own vomit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

3 episodes in and this isn't grabbing me. Perhaps I'm not the target audience.
    It just feels dull. An episode of the Apprentice would feel more entertaining and, frankly, given the equal opportunity sexposition going on, would feel a bit more believable.
    Harper is the most fleshed out character but I'm not sure it's worth hanging around to see what happens with "Chekhov's transcript".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

Pretty solid opener, with enough character detail and story to stimulate. Hari's death wasn't a surprise as someone was bound to crash and burn.

Thanks for the spoiler

And from a Mod of the forum too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fvck trade fvck trade fvck trade drugs sleep basically.

ShineOn7 wrote: »
    Thanks for the spoiler

And from a Mod of the forum too

You don't have a leg to stand on with this. First of all, the thread title says *Spoilers* and it's a longstanding norm of this forum that spoilers are fair game once an episode has aired which episode one did almost 3 weeks ago. Secondly, it is a person's responsibility to stay clear of threads they don't want to be spoiled on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭ShineOn7

You don't have a leg to stand on with this.

I do actually

There's spoilers and then there's "a major character dies" spoilers

It would've taken you 5 extra seconds to use a spoiler tag and cover up your sentence

• Advertisement

No dice.

As I've said, it's perfectly reasonable to discuss episodes that have aired, in detail, including significant moments or actions or that may befall characters where the thread title has spoilers in the title. That's fair warning to all and how this forum has worked for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Finished watching this tonight, thought it was really good.

Nice ending.

At 8 episodes its worth a watch for anyone suffering lockdown bordem.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

...anyone watching seaon 2?!

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭sandyxxx

see where you're coming from,.....not sure about the new characters and have completely forgotten how S1 finished up,doesn't seem to be much cohesion between the series!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I finished season 2 last week and it's enjoyable enough but it's not exactly compelling.

Its only like succession,in that there are rich people being dicks but the writing, character development is nowhere near Succession levels.

Jesus I can't wait for Succession to return.

Advertisement