Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Master Plan for Cherrywood

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Supercell wrote: »
    I'm totally confused, what harbour can there be in Cherrywood?

None, of course.

I'm saying a Cherrywood site has been identified to locate the ECMWF, if Ireland succeeds in getting it.

Someone suggested it would be a good idea to try to put it in the currently vacant Harbour Terminal in Dun Laoghaire instead. I'm saying thats not possible as that building has a new lease signed for other business.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭HairySalmon

I registered my interest for the new builds there. They were built with the HTB scheme, but that doesn’t apply to the 3 bed houses which will start around the mid 500’s I was told.

Duplexes would be around the 400k mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Vraj009

That is strange. When i spoke to them they just mentioned prices are not confirmed and they cannot make any comment at this stage.
    I registered my interest for the new builds there. They were built with the HTB scheme, but that doesn’t apply to the 3 bed houses which will start around the mid 500’s I was told.

Duplexes would be around the 400k mark.

Vraj009 wrote: »
    That is strange. When i spoke to them they just mentioned prices are not confirmed and they cannot make any comment at this stage.

Maybe they’ve been told to keep lipped since the time I spoke to them.

I was disappointed that the “affordable” houses that would be under 500k for HTB scheme are just duplexes, which is a total cop out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Vraj009

Totally. I would imagine first phase of the houses would atleast be at 500K mark if not less. Its a large scheme and you are expected to live on construction site for atleast 5 years. There has to be some reward for that :)

Maybe they’ve been told to keep lipped since the time I spoke to them.

I was disappointed that the “affordable” houses that would be under 500k for HTB scheme are just duplexes, which is a total cop out.

• Advertisement

Vraj009 wrote: »
    Totally. I would imagine first phase of the houses would atleast be at 500K mark if not less. Its a large scheme and you are expected to live on construction site for atleast 5 years. There has to be some reward for that :)

That’s something I didn’t consider and there’s a lot of weight to it. Here’s hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 tris111

Hi all - does anyone know more about a Domville development in Cherrywood by Neville and sons? Seem to be advertising at the moment for release this year but very limited information so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aliehs_dublin

tris111 wrote: »
    Hi all - does anyone know more about a Domville development in Cherrywood by Neville and sons? Seem to be advertising at the moment for release this year but very limited information so far.

Hey I'm interested to find out more about this development also. I have registered interest but very little information so far (no price or floor plan).

May I ask if the <500k duplex refers to Domville in the previous conversations?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Sumaire

Have registered interest with Hooke MacDonald and Dillion Marshall, but the prices are not released yet. No info on the William Neville & Sons site either.

Interested to see what the prices are for the duplex option, and the other homes.

No updates yet.

Sumaire wrote: »
    Have registered interest with Hooke MacDonald and Dillion Marshall, but the prices are not released yet. No info on the William Neville & Sons site either.

Interested to see what the prices are for the duplex option, and the other homes.

No updates yet.

Duplexes are 500k, 3 beds starting at ~570k. Had call in January and thought the prices were nuts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭woejus

Duplexes are 500k, 3 beds starting at ~570k. Had call in January and thought the prices were nuts

You can see them from the N11 being built I think? I had units in Tullyvale from new - pretty poor build quality. Tullyvale itself and the place beside it (something na Rí) are going to be third class citizens compared to the new stuff going up across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hershel95

tris111 wrote: »

Likewise. It may be a silly question but presume Domville development is a separate development to Cherrywood Village (by Quintain).

Any idea how much 4 beds would be going there if indicative prices for 3-beds are 550/570k? Perhaps starting in the early 600k mark?

Has anyone heard anymore about Cherrywood timeline or prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Hershel95

Nope, nothing new, just see construction going on but no news.

According to Sherry Fitz the 3 beds definitely won't be for the HTB scheme so presumably mid to high 500's and 4 beds into 600's.
    I asked if they had rough pricing but was told they'd be similar to other new builds in South County Dublin...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ab8808

I spoke to estate agent regarding cherry lane, they said that prices are not finalized yet but expect it to be around 600k for 3 bed houses and around 700k for 4 beds. Anyone else who might have been told the same thing. Also mentioned launch might be early November. Looking for my first property here, so looking for some experienced advice, what do you all think of these prices for cherrywood area?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,233 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Prices are pretty standard for the area. As a first time buyer you can get the help 2 buy grant which is Inflating new build slightly , but means you get money back

once finished it’ll be a good area with good amenities.

theres not much 2nd houses at that price range.

I am afraid help 2 buy won't be applicable on these since these are over 500k. The agent I was talking to almost laughed at my face when I said I am HTB approved and looking for a house somewhere in South Dublin.

That’s sucks..

Still not a bad price in this market. If you compare it to the second hand market , and include the fact you have no plumbing , wiring , windows etc to replace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There's a big premium to be paid for South Dublin. I can see the attraction, nice amenities, good luas line, but you'll pay for it.

Yes I understand and I am quite okay with that, just wanted to make sure I am making an informed decision. And as is the trend with almost every other place, be it Dublin, upcoming developments in Kildare and Wicklow, phase2's would be more expensive, so waiting it out another 6 months or so for any kind of market corrections won't make any difference, am I correct in assuming this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭markpb

No-one can predict the future, never mind Irish prices but there's a good chance you're correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

From a personal perspective I spent some weeks going to and from and sometimes overnight to a residence in Cherrywood. All I can say is that I found it one of the most depressing locations I have ever been. It is the type of place you might buy if you can afford nowhere else around the capital. No effort has this far been put into aesthetics or amenities. Maybe it will change for the better in the future, but to me it resembles the old Ballymun. Yes Cherrywood is on the LUAS, but in a major city/suburbs that has such poor transport to begin with it doesn’t bode well to have to think that as one of its major assets. It is near Killiney, Dalkey, etc, which os nice for a long walk or short drive, and within easy reach of Enniskerry & north Wicklow.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• I lived in Tullyvale for 7 years, just moved out in the past few weeks. The only nice amenity I can think of is the onsite swimming pool, though its been shut for the past year and a half.

The Luas was handy when I first moved in but in recent years it is packed before it hits Dundrum and Cherrywood to the City centre is the guts of an hour. Not exactly high-speed light rail.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,208 ✭✭✭✭recode the site

The trouble is with places served by LUAS they have tended to downgrade the nearby bus services, as if one is entirely a substitute for the other. Similar to my location on the line. There has always been p1ss-poor planning for transport in Dublin (and elsewhere in Ireland) and from the very first trial day when LUAS was open to the public, it was fully apparent that it was going to be packed to the brim. As if they couldn’t have foreseen it. Then they reduce the bus service which some people might have chosen for various reasons, and practically everyone is channelled onto the limited light rail line. It was a “big deal” when it was brought into being, like “there you go, you have something like a metro, isn’t it great now!”.

Can I get away with anything if I pay the piper, so to speak?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,980 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

It's a pleasant 10 minute walk to the 84x bus stop on the n11, which gets into Stephen's green in about 25 minutes without feeling like your stuffed into a sardine can.

There used to be a bus, (I think it was the 84c) that left from TullyVale to O'Connell street every hour but Dublin bus canned it a while back. You would hope they would reinstate it or something similar to feed the monstrosity that will be cherrywood.

If you were a few stops down from cherrywood on the Luas, I'd expect it to start being packed from the start when everything opens up.

• When I moved in there a friend said, "Oh thats just 10 minutes by bus to Dun Laoighre!". The day I moved in, up to my neck in packing boxes I decided I'd take a trip to Dun Laoighre, do a bit of shopping, and a spot of lunch. I stood at the bus stop for an hour, 4 different buses drove past me, in the end I got a taxi. I can confirm bus services around that area are dismal.

• Advertisement

In fairness they are developing the whole area, new schools, 3 new parks, all weather tennis courts, football pitches. new town centre, hotels etc unlike ballymum they have put in the infrastructure and amenities before they built the houses.

Advertisement