Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 10 - Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭Brian201888

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Kane to Vardy (to cover it) Vardy on pens has hatrick potential and don't want to get left behind

Might try bring in Foden-4 too for Kliich

Would like Foden but he played 90 midweek so I'd be concerned there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,630 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Really tough decisions this week, probably going to get KDB/Sterling and sell Son and JamRod to fund it but tempted by Vardy in for Kane as well. Feels crazy to sell Son or Kane but they're the only options for upgrades. Makes it easier get Salah back in then as well

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

How does Jimi -> Jesus sound?

I don't have Salah/Liverpool or Vardy or any other City players, and was considering using the WC next week when I've got a bit of time to think about it all! Don't fancy a hit for Vardy considering the probably WC next week.... but Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 7,028 ✭✭✭COH

Werner > Vardy (to captain him) worth a -4 anyone? I don't have Salah, or KDB so the only other captain options are Bruno or DCL. I also have 5 players in the Chelsea-Spurs game :confused: (Kane/Son/Chilwell/Ziyech/Werner)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭Ginger n Lemon

COH wrote: »
    Werner > Vardy (to captain him) worth a -4 anyone? I don't have Salah, or KDB so the only other captain options are Bruno or DCL. I also have 5 players in the Chelsea-Spurs game :confused: (Kane/Son/Chilwell/Ziyech/Werner)

Id consider doing Kane > Vardy instead and captain Vardy at no points cost.

Werner is up against Leeds next GW who will go forward and leave plenty of space behind to exploit, which Werner is very good at.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is Jota a viable option for Zaha?
    Have 9.7 to spend and not a lot in that price range is screaming out to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

F1ngers wrote: »
    Is Jota a viable option for Zaha?
    Have 9.7 to spend and not a lot in that price range is screaming out to me.

I've done it anyway.

He's played himself into the team and given Klopp a serious headache whether to drop Firmino or start both.

Without doubt, he'll be the first attacking player brought on if he doesn't start and could still pick up points in 30 mins or so. Worth the risk IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭siblers

How does Jimi -> Jesus sound?

I don't have Salah/Liverpool or Vardy or any other City players, and was considering using the WC next week when I've got a bit of time to think about it all! Don't fancy a hit for Vardy considering the probably WC next week.... but Fulham

What's the story with Aguero? If he hasn't traveled to Argentina he could start instead of Jesus

• Registered Users Posts: 11,387 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Kane to Vardy (to cover it) Vardy on pens has hatrick potential and don't want to get left behind

Might try bring in Foden-4 too for Kliich

Foden is a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Best 8.8m punt for one week? Jota, Foden, or Mahrez? Could also do Robertson either but prefer a midfielder as there’s a higher ceiling

• Advertisement

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Best 8.8m punt for one week? Jota, Foden, or Mahrez? Could also do Robertson either but prefer a midfielder as there’s a higher ceiling

Maybe Maddison or Barnes?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

sheroman01 wrote: »

I've brought in Jota but still concerns over his playing time. Foden and Mahrez are just not guaranteed to start.

What about Leicester defenders, I see Castagne flagged but might be worth a further look? Maybe Cancelo or Ruben Dias, the latter nearly certain to start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,585 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I'm about 83% certain of this move for a hit....

Kane to Vardy
    Zaha to Salah

Defence is a bit of a mess....will have to start Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

I did Zaha to Jota early in the week and took a chance to avoid price changes. All set now.

As money enabler - Nkounkou for Everton at 4m should play plenty of games over next 2 months while Digne is out. They signed him permanently. He did look shi*e vs Newcastle when he did play, but it was his first PL game in fairness and he is 20 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Which way are people looking between Cancelo and Dias? Cancelo with the attacking full back threat but more rotation risk, Dias a set piece threat, and more secure starts but probably a lower total expected attacking return.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Watkins or Bamford in?

Leaning towards Watkins but concerned I have Grealish also if they blank like against Brighton.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

As money enabler - Nkounkou for Everton at 4m should play plenty of games over next 2 months while Digne is out. They signed him permanently. He did look shi*e vs Newcastle when he did play, but it was his first PL game in fairness and he is 20 years old.

I could be looking for the best 4.2 priced defender as part of a 1 week punt in a -4

This could end in tears or could a hero be born?

Beginning to feel like if I'm selling Jimi then it HAS to be for Vardy! And I could finance that by selling Reece James. I just cannot bring myself to sell Werner, had him since GW1 and I think he's capable of catching fire

There's also Rashford to Jota for -4 after rashly getting him as part of a -4 last week!

Is not having Vardy a madness, even for -4?

I could be looking for the best 4.2 priced defender as part of a 1 week punt in a -4

Beginning to feel like if I'm selling Jimi then it HAS to be for Vardy! And I could finance that by selling Reece James. I just cannot bring myself to sell Werner, had him since GW1 and I think he's capable of catching fire

There's also Rashford to Jota for -4 after rashly getting him as part of a -4 last week!

I am 99% likely selling Kane for Vardy and captaining Vardy.

The way Fulham play (not just Everton game but in general) is very much about attack attack attack. Even if they decide to park the bus vs Leicester, it will be a first and they ll likely make a mess of it.

I also dont rate Fulhams GK at all, nor any of defenders. There are just too many good fundamental reasons to bring in Vardy even at 4 points cost, and give him the armband.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,222 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Jimi and Costa out for Vardy and Jota for a hit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Maybe Maddison or Barnes?
    I've brought in Jota but still concerns over his playing time. Foden and Mahrez are just not guaranteed to start.

What about Leicester defenders, I see Castagne flagged but might be worth a further look? Maybe Cancelo or Ruben Dias, the latter nearly certain to start.

Yeah Maddison and Barnes look like good shouts too. Maybe the safest choice. Barnes is just so wasteful though, and is Maddison playing full minutes?

Leaning towards Mahrez for now, as he's explosive and have always wanted to own him. Burnley are conceding lots of shots in recent games and Pope is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,766 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Are we potentially heading into peak Foden differential time? These are the games you’d expect him to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

CSF wrote: »
    Are we potentially heading into peak Foden differential time? These are the games you’d expect him to play.

Torres has started 3 games on the trot now, and got a hattrick for Spain during the break. I think i would prefer him over Foden, for all the talk of Foden taking over from Dilva, he's recently seems to spend quite a lot of time of the bench.

I need a replacement for Zaha - Jota is the obvious choice, though i'm think of taking a punt with Torres. Granted Torres hasn't scored yet in the league, but all round city have been poor, at 6.9m, not as big of a let down compared with other city assets.

Other punty options include - Walcott:eek: Formels/Bowen from westham?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Jim Gazebo

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Torres has started 3 games on the trot now, and got a hattrick for Spain during the break. I think i would prefer him over Foden, for all the talk of Foden taking over from Dilva, he's recently seems to spend quite a lot of time of the bench.

I need a replacement for Zaha - Jota is the obvious choice, though i'm think of taking a punt with Torres. Granted Torres hasn't scored yet in the league, but all round city have been poor, at 6.9m, not as big of a let down compared with other city assets.

Other punty options include - Walcott:eek: Formels/Bowen from westham?

I like the Torres shout. Looked lively against spurs. Think Walcott has a knock.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,506 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Torres , Foden or James this weekend ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Sold Werner (instead of Kane) for Vardy myself quite impulsively this morning. Getting a bit of fear now. He's returned every week since I brought him back in but then so has Kane.

I think I should have been looking at my midfield instead but that's the transfer used now unfortunately. ImPodence better do something this week.

Think I've narrowed down my options, first looks best but hard sell Kane.

1. Kane/James to KDB/DCL
    2. Son/James to KDB/Fornals
    3. James/Werner to KDB/Bamford

Think I've narrowed down my options, first looks best but hard sell Kane.

1. Kane/James to KDB/DCL
    2. Son/James to KDB/Fornals
    3. James/Werner to KDB/Bamford

I'd go with number 1. Especially for this GW

If you could stretch to 4.3 Jamal Lewis is a great pick I think, next four are excellent then a bad stretch ans then another good stretch

• Advertisement

Did
    Auba & Burke -> Mahrez & Jota for a -4

Advertisement