Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Flight Attendant [HBO]

• 18-11-2020 11:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,905 ✭✭✭✭

Kaley Cuoco's Flight Attendant Lands on WarnerMedia Streaming Service
    The Kaley Cuoco-led adaptation of The Flight Attendant is ready to come in for a landing, on WarnerMedia’s upcoming streaming service, TVLine has learned.

Based on Chris Bohjalian’s New York Times bestseller of the same name (for which the Big Bang Theory alum bought the rights in October 2017), the thriller follows Cassandra Bowden, a flight attendant who wakes up hungover in a Dubai hotel room… with a dead body next to her. Instead of informing the police, she joins her fellow crew members on a flight to NYC, where she is met by FBI agents with a few questions about her recent layover. Unable to piece together what happened, Cassandra begins to suspect that she might be the killer.

https://tvline.com/2019/07/01/kaley-cuoco-flight-attendant-series-order-warnermedia/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,957 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I like the little nod to Britney Spears’ Toxic at the end there. I think I might enjoy this, and Kaley Cuoco is getting rave reviews for how she handles the dramatic side as well as the black comedy.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Haven't watched the latest two but the first was solid. Good to see both TR Knight and Rosie Perez (in slightly less nasal tone than her 90's roles) back on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really enjoying this a lot of I must say with some great dark humour and some nice twists in episodes two and three.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,726 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Anyone else watching this? I think it's great entertainment, the girl from The Big Bang Theory plays the main role very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,993 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

is it on any channels over here? I've got real lazy about going to other people's houses to watch stuff.

• Advertisement

had a look.

quite average I would say personally

If you like it fair enough

The "ghost" / delusion conversation rubbish I found quite annoying in particular

Don't think that I'll watch any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,905 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

HBO Max has renewed

• Registered Users Posts: 9,350 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

is it on any channels over here? I've got real lazy about going to other people's houses to watch stuff.
    Hoping it'll arrive on Sky Atlantic at some stage but there's a lot of recent HBO stuff that is taking its time getting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Got off to a great start nice and dark and went down hill pretty quickly to just stupidly for me and the set up for the second season is just a ridiculous premise.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Got off to a great start nice and dark and went down hill pretty quickly to just stupidly for me and the set up for the second season is just a ridiculous premise.

What do you mean???
    The CIA love having barely functional alcoholics who have been sober for 5 minutes as human assets!!!

Tbf, I enjoyed the series overall. I think the 3-2-2-1 release of episodes was odd and gave a weird feel to the end, as you have a mini-binge to start, then 2 episodes at a time twice, then 1 and it's over. It spoiled the flow and left the end to feel wrapped up weirdly fast.
    In terms of a human asset for the CIA, blackmailing Megan into working as human asset would be much more sensible. She was reasonably competent, speaks multiple languages, had no ideological reasons for committing treason, was after the excitement but would almost certainly do exactly as she was told because she wasn't the kind of smart that would make her deviate from instructions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭Shelga

I really enjoyed it, much more than I thought I would. Kaley Cuco is impressive! Great to see her as someone other than Penny, and as someone with not much experience as a producer, she really pulled it together well. The differing strands of comedy, drama, thriller etc, could have been all over the place, but I thought it worked well.

Yes it’s deranged, increasingly so as the episodes go on, but it’s got glamorous locations, a great script, well-developed supporting characters like Zosia Mamet’s Annie (also good to see her play someone the total opposite of Shoshanna from Girls), a compelling mystery, and hot men- what more could you want??

One of the most fun and entertaining shows I’ve watched this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭OU812

Discovered this the other day. Kaley Cuaco in a mostly serious role.

Ten episodes and just been renewed.

Has vibes of An American Werewolf In London (when you see it you’ll understand), The Man From Uncle, and a couple of other 60s shows.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Hodors Appletart

Watched the first 3 last night - enjoyed it for what it is.

Cuoco is like a fine wine too.

The Flight Attendant starts on Sky One on Friday March 19th at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

First few are great but lost interest..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Basq wrote: »

I thought the exact same Basq, it started out good but went off the rails with the details and fast pace.. I have the last episode still to watch but not holding out hope overall

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

This started on Sky One and all episodes are available on Now TV. I've watched the first four and while I'll finish it because I want to know what's going on, I find the main character incredibly frustrating. I know that's the point because she's a raging alcoholic but her lawyer friend needs to step in and put her on rehab or something. The fact it's been renewed doesn't give me a lot of hole tbh, I really hope we get some answers this season and it's a new story or something next season because at the moment I can't see myself going back once the current mystery is solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Basq wrote: »

I was the same but had to finish it out just to know how it ended
    Overall I enjoyed it and Cuoco is the best thing about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

Kinda loses it a bit half way through but I enjoyed it all the same, characters really make it, especially Kaley Cuoco who really sells the unhinged alcoholic incredibly well.

Reminds me of other shows like You, utterly daft and spiralling premises that completely hang on performances.

Finished it myself and enjoyed it. Very pulpy and doesn't take itself too seriously. Some of the developments are ridiculous and I can't see a second season being anywhere near as good. Cuoco was fantastic though.

Michiel Huisman is a ride, started well but went ott

• Registered Users Posts: 6,329 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Finished it myself and enjoyed it. Very pulpy and doesn't take itself too seriously. Some of the developments are ridiculous and I can't see a second season being anywhere near as good. Cuoco was fantastic though.

Caught this at the weekend, Oh binge watched it all, and I was a willing participant tbh.

Look, it's light and ridiculous, but it'll pass 8 hours or so on a wet weekend.

Cuoco is actually good in it, it's enjoyable enough,don't take it too seriously and it'll be fine. Strong 6/10+

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Cuoco is a latter-day Jennifer Anniston to me, plays similar characters - ditzy dizzy heads

*wish they'd stop showing yer man's slit throat seems to be just for shock value

(btw - i'm 2 episodes in find it a slog is it worth sticking it out?)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,000 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

glasso wrote: »
    had a look.

quite average I would say personally

If you like it fair enough

The "ghost" / delusion conversation rubbish I found quite annoying in particular

Don't think that I'll watch any more.

I'm 6 episodes in and I'm only watching the last two because I feel in some way that I've got this far I should just finish it.

I'm already fast forwarding through the "ghost" / delusion conversation rubbish.

It's poor, it drags on too much, it could have all been wrapped up in 4 decent paced episodes.
    The story lines and threads are all over the place, it's as if they were making it up as they went along.

it might all fall into place at the end but I doubt it

I'm 6 episodes in and I'm only watching the last two because I feel in some way that I've got this far I should just finish it.

I'm already fast forwarding through the "ghost" / delusion conversation rubbish.

It's poor, it drags on too much, it could have all been wrapped up in 4 decent paced episodes.
    The story lines and threads are all over the place, it's as if they were making it up as they went along.

it might all fall into place at the end but I doubt it

It won't really if you've been fast forwarding the conversations with the ghost, it's where a lot of the character work is done and really delves into why Cassie is an alcoholic and why she makes the decisions she does.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    It won't really if you've been fast forwarding the conversations with the ghost, it's where a lot of the character work is done and really delves into why Cassie is an alcoholic and why she makes the decisions she does.

I've seen the bits where she is
    drinking with the dad as a kid, and how much of a cnut the father is towards the brother
    but it's just the
    flashbacks of when he is a narrowing corridor etc
    that just seem complete filler that I forward through

• Registered Users Posts: 4,344 ✭✭✭Homelander

To be fair I think if you get to a point where you're fast forwarding through a TV show, it's not going to suddenly do a 180 and pull you back in.

I agree it was silly and far-fetched and ends up being a sort of half-baked comedy more than anything, but I enjoyed it for what it was. But it doesn't get any "better" in the last two episodes, if anything it embraces the daftness even more.

• Advertisement

Well I watched the last two episodes and I have to say I was quite surprised by them.
    They were good.
    It did to a certain extent fall into place.

Overall it was a bit of a drag, it was episode 6 that I found really bad, but it did pick up.

Advertisement