Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Late Late Toy Show 2020 Megathread

• 26-11-2020 5:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71,528 ✭✭✭✭

LET'S DO THIS!!

giphy.gif

image.jpg

TimeoutStairs.jpg?Action=thumbnail&algorithm=fill_proportional&width=400

The theme of Friday night’s show is
    The Wonderful World of Roald Dahl. The opening number is based on one of the favourite books by the late children’s author, Fantastic Mr Fox, the tale of the crafty fox who outsmarts the dim-witted farmers and eats all their chickens.

TOMORROW NIGHT, 9.35PM!

tenor.gif

tumblr_mfkyhk7g4d1r2ivr2o1_250.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    There is a thread already maybe a mod would merge please

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058094327

That thread was started in midsummer. The official Late Late Toy Show Megathread™ should only ever be started on Late Late Toy Show Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,349 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Spoiler Alert..

Ryan Tubridy will be coked up out of his mind..

And will be a bigger c*nt than usual...

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

And will be a bigger c*nt than usual...

I hope it won't end up full of AH-style comments like that when the 'outsiders' descend from AH.

3Vv4m0.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Looking forward to it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The most overhyped show ever, this..

The man hasn’t stfu about it these past weeks and weeks..

Guaranteed to be just as rubbish as any other Late Late show he has hosted!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

All the non regular late late show thread posters joining this thread

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493b9kttmbwmxgcaewxyrdh0099f0e94k37co7rk663m&rid=giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

.anon. wrote: »
    I hope it won't end up full of AH-style comments like that when the 'outsiders' descend from AH.

3Vv4m0.gif

ParchedLittleFerret-size_restricted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

I think I will give it a watch only because I think this could be the death nail in his RTE career
    All Toy Shows from Gaybos time was the live audience of dressed up, drunk adults and the participation of the Billy Barry kids and strange kids demonstrating the non working toys.
    With this virtual guests and very few kids I think Tubs will be found out as the amateur he is

I think I will give it a watch only because I think this could be the death nail in his RTE career
    All Toy Shows from Gaybos time was the live audience of dressed up, drunk adults and the participation of the Billy Barry kids and strange kids demonstrating the non working toys.
    With this virtual guests and very few kids I think Tubs will be found out as the amateur he is

Whatever happens, it will be hailed as a success. Noel Kelly has already written the articles for the meeja.

This thread, however, will be fandabidozi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Is it live?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Hi,
    I know The Toy Show is repeated on Saturday but why is it on so late on Friday evening? It doesn't end until 11:55pm, even for a 12 or 13 year old that's too late. Give me 1 good reason why it shouldn't start at 8pm....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

walshb wrote: »
    The most overhyped show ever, this..

The man hasn’t stfu about it these past weeks and weeks..

Guaranteed to be just as rubbish as any other Late Late show he has hosted!

He hasn't shut up about it since last Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭lertsnim

He should leave any mention of the pandemic outside the studio door for this but the miserable bollocks wont be able to resist.
    Is it live?

Yes

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I don't watch, but it irritates me that Tubridy makes the Toy Show all about himself.

I can only imagine what he will be like this year. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Why is everyone so downcast?

I live in New Zealand and love showing my daughter the magic of our Toy Show. She's 5, and she loves it!. It's something unique to Ireland. Appreciate it, lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

I live in New Zealand and love showing my daughter the magic of our Toy Show. She's 5, and she loves it!. It's something unique to Ireland. Appreciate it, lads!

I think that's a safe distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I think maybe this year especially we all need this so bring it on Tubs as BFG as the theme is Roald Dahl maybe, so enjoy take care and stay safe

• Registered Users Posts: 6,215 ✭✭✭khalessi

Looking forward to watching this with the kids. Have seen them all bar one a lovely Christmas tradition and way to start the season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭FionnK86

Looking forward to it this year. My granda had a mini-stroke the night of it last year and I had to rush to Naas and missed it.

Happy to say he's still here, in good form & hoping to see him at a social distance. Think toy show will always remind me of 2019.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭Yester

How is it going to work tonight? Will it be just Ryan by himself with a load of toys?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Yester wrote: »
    How is it going to work tonight? Will it be just Ryan by himself with a load of toys?

The world's worst onlyfans

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Tubs is about on his 10th red bull/ line of Charlie by now. Going to be epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭George White

Roald DAhl theme.

Hoping to see the Billie Barries' recreation of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zD9oQwtf4Bk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

GO ON THE CHRISTMAS OWL

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Not watching has been crap for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Because its kids a show and the usual late late thread posters can't take the piss out of kids on the television or can we....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,653 ✭✭✭✭Plumbthedepths

I'm just here to read the comments, couldn't even be bothered to post the generic gif.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

GO ON THE CHRISTMAS OWL GOWL
    :pac:

• Advertisement

I'm a big fan of Roald Dahl, but I wish that just once they could have a Christmas theme.

Advertisement