Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

67x and Irish Rail Kildare line capacity query

Options
  • 24-11-2020 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I've been working from home the last 8 months in Celbridge. However, over the next month I'll be in the office 4-5 days, with my first day tomorrow. I haven't been on public transport since mid March. I'd ordinarily get the 67x in the morning pre-Covid, but I'm afraid of being left at the bus stop due to the 25% capacity limit in place. Can anyone who takes this bus in the morning let me know how this is working? Are there people regularly being left at bus stops in Celbridge every morning?

Another option is to get the train at Hazelhatch. Is this a more reliable option re the 25% capacity issue?

In both instances, how is this being policed?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,667 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been working from home the last 8 months in Celbridge. However, over the next month I'll be in the office 4-5 days, with my first day tomorrow. I haven't been on public transport since mid March. I'd ordinarily get the 67x in the morning pre-Covid, but I'm afraid of being left at the bus stop due to the 25% capacity limit in place. Can anyone who takes this bus in the morning let me know how this is working? Are there people regularly being left at bus stops in Celbridge every morning?

Another option is to get the train at Hazelhatch. Is this a more reliable option re the 25% capacity issue?

In both instances, how is this being policed?

Many thanks

Irish Rail do not enforce 25% capacity and capacity should be back to 50% from mid next week.

Trains are empty particularly the PPT services.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

If you are close to Celbrigde then you may be close to M3 Parkway station. It's a terminal station you should at least get a seat on board. Another option is to head down the M7 and get the Luas at Citywest.

Of course these both assume that you can drive to, and that they both leave you close to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭tubbs26

To concur from the with post above. I’ve been getting the train throughout lockdown from hazel hatch to park west. No issues with social distancing. A lot of trains practically empty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

The 67x timetable was reduced substantially after the first lockdown ended, it hasn't been increased again and now with 25% capacity people are regularly getting left behind now.

For example the first one outbound this evening was full by Pearse St Garda station.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,850 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

If you are close to Celbrigde then you may be close to M3 Parkway station. It's a terminal station you should at least get a seat on board. Another option is to head down the M7 and get the Luas at Citywest.

Of course these both assume that you can drive to, and that they both leave you close to work.

M3 parkway is nowhere near Celbridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Buffman wrote: »
    The 67x timetable was reduced substantially after the first lockdown ended, it hasn't been increased again and now with 25% capacity people are regularly getting left behind now.

For example the first one outbound this evening was full by Pearse St Garda station.

Yikes, just checked the timetable for 67x. That's pretty dire. Only 6 services each way. Can't remember exactly what it was before Covid, but pretty sure it was 10, maybe 12.

Train it is so. Are the shuttle buses from Hazelhatch still running I wonder?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭GT89

Train is probably a safer bet as you're guaranteed not to be left behind

• Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Zebra3 wrote: »
    M3 parkway is nowhere near Celbridge.

I did say that it "may be close" to the OP, that's all. Heaven damn me for suggesting an option that could help them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Davidth88

Chivito550 wrote: »

Train it is so. Are the shuttle buses from Hazelhatch still running I wonder?

Yes it is

Advertisement