Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mickey Harte - New Louth Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Fair play to him.

I thought he'd wait for a more high profile job with a county with serious All Ireland ambitions.

Certainly thought he'd only manage an Ulster county.

No idea where I got that notion from.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Takes some balls too do that

Fair play too him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

seligehgit wrote: »
    Fair play to him.

I thought he'd wait for a more high profile job with a county with serious All Ireland ambitions.

Certainly thought he'd only manage an Ulster county.

No idea where I got that notion from.

You're not alone. Think this has caught most people off guard.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,485 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Is it Mickey Harte the singer?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Fair play to MH, wish him and Louth all the best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Daz_

Leinster football is dead . What can they realistically expect from this appointment ?Must be a nice little earner in inter county management

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

Best of luck to Mickey, he was very good on BBCNI coverage recently. Colm O'Rourke couldn't even give him any plaudits last week after leaving Tyrone only pathetic digs.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,471 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Daz_ wrote: »
    Leinster football is dead . What can they realistically expect from this appointment ?Must be a nice little earner in inter county management

https://twitter.com/loxie1985/status/1330974053084110848

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 37,764 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Louth will go into the Setanta Cup and are now in Division 4

Very much a building exercises and big challenge

They won't be playing Tyrone any time soon

• Registered Users Posts: 15,965 ✭✭✭✭event

Thats mad. We haven't a pot to p1ss in. Fitzer must be giving him his TD salary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Great move for both parties should boost Louth profile immensely.

Best of luck for ye Mickey on his new journey

• Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭siblers

I'd imagine he'd be fairly lost in life without being involved so probably suited to take a job close to home instead of waiting for a bigger team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I actually assumed he was retiring altogether from senior intercounty due to the span of his career with Tyrone.
    I thought it was his time to put his feet up! But fair play.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭rrs

Louth developing a new Ground . This would be another positive for them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭sasta le

rrs wrote: »
    Louth developing a new Ground . This would be another positive for them

Mickey Harte will be help bring sponsors and money in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

This is huge! Delighted to hear this and I wish more top managers like Jim Gavin/Mcguinness would take over weaker counties after they retire. That's why I respect the likes of Mick o'dwyer and davey Fitz so much. Not afraid to take on a challenge despite winning all Irelands.
    Daz_ wrote: »
    His ultimate goal will probably be to get them to division 1 and the super 8's. A leinster final too. Everybody in Louth know they'll never beat Dublin so success won't be based off beating them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭rrs

I don't think the Super 8s will be happening in the future. It was bought in for a 3 year trial. The covid situation will have changed the Inter County fixtures for next year. There is talks that the Leagues will be played in a regional basis, less travel for teams

The way this years championship has been with excitement and shocks, the Super 8s didn't generate that. Dead rubber games at the business end of championship was pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,965 ✭✭✭✭event

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    This is huge! Delighted to hear this and I wish more top managers like Jim Gavin/Mcguinness would take over weaker counties after they retire. That's why I respect the likes of Mick o'dwyer and davey Fitz so much. Not afraid to take on a challenge despite winning all Irelands.

His ultimate goal will probably be to get them to division 1 and the super 8's. A leinster final too. Everybody in Louth know they'll never beat Dublin so success won't be based off beating them.

Woah woah. Lets get to Division 3 first

Advertisement