Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Developments in Malahide

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Polkadotpjs

Smouse156 wrote: »
    No sales registered on the PPR for the 3-beds. The latest sale was for a 4-bed for €699,000 which appeared on the 4th Sep 2020. So unless they sold the lot recently I’d say the EA was lying 🀥!

They wouldn’t have dropped the price either if they had sold any

Ah ok - to be honest I don’t really put much weight on the PPR. Houses only appear once the sale is closed and they’re ready to move into.

I have just found the original price list from early this year and number 15 was listed at 595k. Drop me a PM if you want a copy.

Like yourself, I haven’t bought yet but I’m keeping a close eye on things.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

Ah ok - to be honest I don’t really put much weight on the PPR. Houses only appear once the sale is closed and they’re ready to move into.

I have just found the original price list from early this year and number 15 was listed at 595k. Drop me a PM if you want a copy.

Like yourself, I haven’t bought yet but I’m keeping a close eye on things.

I’m aware but they jacked the price then dropped it. If a sale was registered in September as the latest then it’s highly likely that hardly any three bed sold. Maybe one did. But 4 sales in a year shows they’re struggling.

The PPR is great as it removes the spin...”last ones remaining” and all that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,258 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Ah yeah but deposits could be taken on many of them but the loan offers haven't been finalized... Are the houses complete?

lawred2 wrote: »
    Ah yeah but deposits could be taken on many of them but the loan offers haven't been finalized... Are the houses complete?

I don’t know how many are complete but I do know they’ve only sold 4! I don’t believe any EA bull**** about deposits, good will, etc

I just stick to the facts and the facts are they dropped prices of one house type last week and 4/80 have actually sold. They are overpriced and will likely drop in the coming year. Small builders unlike Cairn can’t sit on them for years. Cost of finance too high

• Registered Users Posts: 9 KingoftheSpoof

Looked at these houses a few times. Nice estate but always felt they were slightly over priced.

3 beds are small for the money being asked and have small enough back gardens and literally zero storage space.

4 beds are better size but I think they are priced high and don't have much storage space either for families.

Not surprising that only 4 have sold at the prices being asked.

Builders have started the work on Seamount which is due for next year. Be interested to see what price point they come in at vs Brookfield.

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anyone here actually bought a new build in Malahide and if they are happy with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DavidA330

We purchased in Brookfield. Couldnt be happier on all fronts - finish is excellent and builder is brilliant to deal with. €595 is for the smaller 3 beds that are North facing. I understand 3 families moving in before Christmas - remainder just after. New phase launching early 2021.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Farrell D

What sizes are the new builds in malahide are they around 1,520 sq.ft

Cant seen to find the size of the new builds in
    Brookfield, Back Road, Malahide, Co. Dublin

DavidA330 wrote: »
    We purchased in Brookfield. Couldnt be happier on all fronts - finish is excellent and builder is brilliant to deal with. €595 is for the smaller 3 beds that are North facing. I understand 3 families moving in before Christmas - remainder just after. New phase launching early 2021.

Thanks. We are looking at the area and was wondering if there are many kids around (between Ashwood hall, Brookfield, castleway)? We have a young son so it would be important to us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 24 Farrell D

• Advertisement

Farrell D wrote: »

In Brookfield, they range from 116-177sqm. If you look at the add on MyHome.ie there is a brochure under documents with details:

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/brookfield-brookfield-back-road-malahide-county-dublin/4361388

The price per square foot is very high IMO, especially for the castle 3-beds. You’d be looking at instant devaluation paying those prices. Some units were over €500/sqft.

When you compare that the following in Robswall sold for €288/sqft (€663,000/2300...not a new build yes but still a B rated house), you’d have to think they’re very expensive:

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/36-the-crescent-robswall-malahide-county-dublin/4343893

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Smouse156 wrote: »

When you compare that the following in Robswall sold for €288/sqft (€663,000/2300...not a new build yes but still a B rated house), you’d have to think they’re very expensive:

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/36-the-crescent-robswall-malahide-county-dublin/4343893

no familiar with the area but that appears to have been value

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

Cyrus wrote: »
    no familiar with the area but that appears to have been value

Its Malahide (kinda)
    You would not walk home from Duffy's pub at midnight after a few pints
    Its halfway between Malahide and Portmarnock
    lovely houses and apartments but fairly crowded and depending on where you are in the estate its a bit of a walk to the main road
    that house certainly was underpriced compared to others in the estate

brisan wrote: »
    Its Malahide (kinda)
    You would not walk home from Duffy's pub at midnight after a few pints
    Its halfway between Malahide and Portmarnock
    lovely houses and apartments but fairly crowded and depending on where you are in the estate its a bit of a walk to the main road
    that house certainly was underpriced compared to others in the estate

Jesus... Robswall is barely a ten minute walk from Duffy's

Jesus... Robswall is barely a ten minute walk from Duffy's

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/2-the-anchorage-robswall-malahide-county-dublin/4435771

28 minutes walk from that property to Malahide DART station according to MyHome
    Duffys is about 30 secs closer

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/42-the-walk-robswall-malahide-county-dublin/4251314
    That one is 33 minutes walk

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/2-the-anchorage-robswall-malahide-county-dublin/4435771

28 minutes walk from that property to Malahide DART station
    Duffys is about 30 secs closer

that's a google maps measure I presume...

would you consider Biscayne half way to Portmarnock?

that's a google maps measure I presume...

would you consider Biscayne half way to Portmarnock?

Depends on what you consider Portmarnock and what you consider Malahide
    People out there can be very particular about where they say they live
    Would you consider Waterside to be In Malahide ,its advertised as such

Depends on what you consider Portmarnock and what you consider Malahide
    People out there can be very particular about where they say they live
    Would you consider Waterside to be In Malahide ,its advertised as such

Waterside is nothing like Biscayne or Robswall really

Waterside is nothing like Biscayne or Robswall really

I never said it was just that its advertised as Malahide
    All I said was that Robswall in Malahide is at least a 20 min walk to Duffy's depending on where in the estate you live

I never said it was just that its advertised as Malahide
    All I said was that Robswall in Malahide is at least a 20 min walk to Duffy's depending on where in the estate you live

people walk slower than me maybe :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 johndoeoreilly

Totally agree, way over-priced. Just under €500 per sqft is crazy.
    €620k for a 3 bed 1,250 sqft.
    Spoke with Noel Kelly estate agents last week and the arrogance of this EA is shocking.
    Estate agent hung up on me when I was asking if they would accept any below asking offers or any discount.

Will not do business with this estate agent now or ever. They really do live up to reputation. I was in shock after speaking with them last week

Noel Kelly had taken over as selling agents as JLL are selling nothing

Spoke with Noel Kelly estate agents last week and the arrogance of this EA is shocking.
    Estate agent hung up on me when I was asking if they would accept any below asking offers or any discount.

Will not do business with this estate agent now or ever. They really do live up to reputation. I was in shock after speaking with them last week

Don't undervalue some people's desperation to have a Malahide address

At €500/sqft, you’d be looking at instant devaluation! A 1970sqft 4-bed sold recently in Robswall for €370/sqft, also 2-floor and A2 rated (second hand). Back road should maybe be 10% more expensive as a little closer to village but not 34% especially for a small house. Once the “new house” effect wears off you’d be lucky to sell it for €550k (3-bed) in a year or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Polkadotpjs

@johndoeoreilly

Don’t really understand why you’re so interested in this estate as you seem to be posting all over the internet about the flight path and how noisy it’ll be?

The two agents are selling for two different builders - same as they did for Castleway, Hazelbrook, Ashwood Hall etc....

I’ve a deposit down myself and happy to pay the premium for a new build to avoid the headache of a second hand home but can understand why others would be put off.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭vintagecosmos

I doubt the phone was hung up for that reason solely. You were talking about a certain recession and prices dropping up to 30% so I would be inclined to think there is more to the story...

• Registered Users Posts: 6 johndoeoreilly

I doubt the phone was hung up for that reason solely. You were talking about a certain recession and prices dropping up to 30% so I would be inclined to think there is more to the story...

I’m sure you’re right with your inclination!!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Shuukaido

Any news for Seamount Rise, in regards to estimated launch date? I couldn't find anything online.

Are there any other new developments in Malahide apart from this one or Brookfield/Ashwood Hall?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭House Hunt

Would you consider Skylark in Portmarnock? You would be in Malahide in 10 mins from your door via the train and priced closer to 400€ per sq ft

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Shuukaido

House Hunt wrote: »
    Would you consider Skylark in Portmarnock? You would be in Malahide in 10 mins from your door via the train and priced closer to 400€ per sq ft

We were considering the new developments close to Portmarnock' Dart station a few months ago, but once we visited the area we realized it's a bit far from the village, coast, shops, etc. (not to mention is not as lively as Malahide).

Our preferences are a coastal town in the Dart line in the north, because we like it more than the south side equivalent (it gets better after Dun Laoghaire, but then it starts to get a bit far from the city). Clontarf/Raheny are also nice but a bit more expensive when looking at new developments.

Malahide ticks most of our boxes in terms of amenities, closeness to the village, the dart station, the coast and the parks. Our price range is around 650k. We will still visit other areas both in the north and the south, we are not in a rush but we just got the AIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 KingoftheSpoof

Launching in April or May. All building work has stopped at the moment so expect delays.

4 beds will be the same price range as Ashwood Hall - 780k or there abouts.

I'm in the market myself in Malahide but can't justify some of these prices for the new builds.

Advertisement