Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cavan v Dublin Semifinal in Navan?

• 22-11-2020 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭

Surely there is no need for Croke Park for the Semi final particularly in the year that's in it. How about playing this in Navan?
    As if Dublin do not have enough advantages.

And I'm long standing a Dubs fan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Ray Donovan

patob wrote: »
    Surely there is no need for Croke Park for the Semi final particularly in the year that's in it. How about playing this in Navan?

Quality of pitch has to be a factor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Akabusi

Just play it in Croke Park, saying that as a Cavan man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Very fair to the Cavan lads who might never get a chance to play in Croker again....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

You are not.

If you think the match should be Navan, fair enough.

Lies make little Baby Jesus Cry :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Or maybe Dublin just play them with ten men after all the advantages they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,525 ✭✭✭billyhead

Op. Will you go away with this ****e. Without crowds there is no advantage to Dublin. If you ask any Cavan player they would prefer to play at Croker. They probably won't get the chance of playing an AI semi their again.

• Site Banned Posts: 7 I_NoScoped_JFK

Can't believe a thread was actually started on this. Wow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

Play it in croker, that way the dubs can't complain about getting beaten

• Site Banned Posts: 7 I_NoScoped_JFK

billyhead wrote: »
    Op. Will you go away with this ****e. Without crowds there is no advantage to Dublin. If you ask any Cavan player they would prefer to play at Croker. They probably won't get the chance of playing an AI semi their again.

That's a great signature, very strong

In fairness he did throw in the obligatory, ....'and I am a long standing Dublin fan.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭munster87

Play it in a country that allows crowds in the stadiums at the moment. You might get a few dubs flying over. If flights were cheap enough Cavan might get a crowd too for a bit of atmosphere

munster87 wrote: »
    Play it in a country that allows crowds in the stadiums at the moment. You might get a few dubs flying over. If flights were cheap enough Cavan might get a crowd too for a bit of atmosphere

Cavan lads wouldn't pay for the flights.

I think the OP might be venting his frustration over another dire performance by the rugger goys.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,429 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Cavan would want to play in Croke Park.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Dubs are up against it ,as it is... Give them a chance and play it in Croker... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭C__MC

Will be croke park
    Owing to the fact supporters will be allowed if we go back to Level 3

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

billyhead wrote: »

I feel like the crowd isn't a huge advantage to dublin in terms of their performance. While it will make the opposition more nervous it also puts pressure on dublin to perform. Maybe it's an advantage who knows.

It's definitely an advantage to them in terms of the referees performance. In sport the home team with a vocal crowd gets a biased ref most days and that's always been the case with Dublin.

Doesn't get highlighted much now because they win by so much anyway but back when they were winning leinster championships narrowly it made the difference on some occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,079 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

On the day Tipperary and Cavan win their provincial finals for the first time in years and people are still talking about "Dublin's advantages"

RoyalCelt wrote: »

Doesn't get highlighted much now because they win by so much anyway but back when they were winning leinster championships narrowly it made the difference on some occasions.

Your own county not only voted on Leinster Council to move Dublin games to Croke Park in late 1990s, but also chose to play Dublin in Croke Park in both the first round draw and replay in 1983.

Meath thrived in Croke Park and indeed the worst hammering they got from Dublin between 1955 and 1995 was in Navan in early 80s.

You can pick and choose whatever suits your case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭piplip87

Would ya stop with the ****e. Navan is a ****hole, the pitch does be in a bad way in June never mind November. The last time we where in an all Ireland Semi the streets of Navan and Kells where lined with scum throwing stones at Cavan cars on the way home and abuse been hurled at us. On the off chance we get fans into the stadium I think Croker with 5000 fans would be ideal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭tanko

Navan is a dump, play it in Breffni.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 396 ✭✭Open the Pubs

C__MC wrote: »
    Will be croke park

Is there a chance fans would be allowed go to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

tanko wrote: »
    Navan is a dump, play it in Breffni.

Wouldn't really be fair giving Cavan home advantage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

Jesus this is a sad thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

C__MC wrote: »
    Will be croke park

What’s this now !!!!
    And by the time of the final it will be less than a week before Xmas so level 2 or 1

Insert dumb and dumber gif about there being a chance

Also what a ridiculous thread to be set up !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭mobby

dobman88 wrote: »
    Jesus this is a sad thread.

Its that time of year, its normally August/September time they arrive and moan and groan about Dublin. a bit late this year ,so a few more strange ones around.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭patob

I heard today that the Dublin v Cavan Semi final in 1920 was in Navan. Obviously the GAA had a good sense of fair play on that occasion.
    Some former players in the media incl Peter Canavan and Mike Quirke also calling for a neutral venue today, but accepting that it is up to the Cavan players to make a call on this first.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭Mehapoy

I think we should just bulldoze croke Park and sell it off as it seems football people are fixated on the only way of beating Dublin is playing all games anywhere but croke Park! Actually better idea reserve it solely for the hurling and let the football off somewhere else!

I heard today that the Dublin v Cavan Semi final in 1920 was in Navan. Obviously the GAA had a good sense of fair play on that occasion.
    Some former players in the media incl Peter Canavan and Mike Quirke also calling for a neutral venue today, but accepting that it is up to the Cavan players to make a call on this first.

It's actually not up to the Cavan players to make the call. At least pretend you know what you're talking about when you start a thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

Mehapoy wrote: »
    I think we should just bulldoze croke Park and sell it off as it seems football people are fixated on the only way of beating Dublin is playing all games anywhere but croke Park! Actually better idea reserve it solely for the hurling and let the football off somewhere else!

Should build a 100,000 seater over in Britain somewhere for all the GAA finals, no one would have home advantage then.....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement