Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post weekend delivery

• 20-11-2020 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23,300 ✭✭✭✭

Are Galway regular postmen delivering weekends at the minute?
    or when does it normally start at christmas?
    Waiting on a few letters for ages.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

zell12 wrote: »
    Are Galway regular postmen delivering weekends at the minute?
    or when does it normally start at christmas?
    Waiting on a few letters for ages.

"Normally" weekend postal deliveries are only for the weekend or two before Christmas. A little while back, they started weekend parcel deliveries, not sure if this will change the pattern this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭skulltown

"Normally" weekend postal deliveries are only for the weekend or two before Christmas. A little while back, they started weekend parcel deliveries, not sure if this will change the pattern this year.

I am in Meath and they are delivering saturday and sunday this weekend. Because of a backlog. In am missing post as well 🀨

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

There was a delivery yesterday yeah.
    Came back from the shop to find mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Amazon and some other retailers have An Post doing Saturday delivery all year round. I have never got letters post on Saturday though bar that week before Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 GalwayGirl2019

I've never received standard post on Saturday! I didn't know that was a thing.

Now I have received parcels sent with An Post on Saturdays but as someone mentioned earlier that's in the run up to Christmas. Haven't received any this year but usually it's couriers delivering rather than An Post themselves for anything I'm ordering. The An Post mail and parcel deliveries seem to be different, that's just my experience, maybe I'm wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,208 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Every Saturday mail and parcels till Xmas and 3 Sundays of parcels only ,subject to change depending on volumes. Source,me.

Advertisement