Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Any funny tv series

• 22-11-2020 1:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭

Anyone have any recommendations for a good TV/boxset series?
    Something along the lines of a father ted, royale family or an idiot abroad...I've watched every episode of father ted about 3 times now
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

Along those lines would be Black Books with Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey, easy watch and easy laughs

peep show

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Notmything

Peter Kay's car share

• Registered Users Posts: 9,859 ✭✭✭thesandeman

One that went under the radar years ago is Goodnight Sweetheart. Because it's based in the war years it's fairly timeless (if that makes sense).

• Registered Users Posts: 81,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The Office, UK and US versions. Watch UK version first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Man Down

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Schitts creek
    Power through first season and it gets very funny

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Frasier

• Registered Users Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭golfball37

Schitts creek
    Power through first season and it gets very funny

I’m five episodes into season one and find it a drag, completely unfunny and uninteresting. I heard from a few people it’s very good but I’m not feeling it tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭Notdeco

golfball37 wrote: »
    I’m five episodes into season one and find it a drag, completely unfunny and uninteresting. I heard from a few people it’s very good but I’m not feeling it tbh.
    You need to keep going, one of those shows that just get better with each episode. Stick with it, you won't be disappointed

• Advertisement

Extras

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Got to love All4:
    Man Down
    The Inbetweeners
    Friday Night Dinner
    Fresh Meat
    The IT Crowd (personal ideologies aside Graham Linehan is a genius)
    Derry Girls

Others:
    Peter Kays Phoenix Nights (and Max & Paddy spinoff series)
    Cuckoo (first 3 seasons anyway)
    Frasier
    Entourage
    US Office - never got the UK one but I love the US one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'm the opposite when it comes to the Office, loved the UK one, can't stomach the US one at all.

I'll second Black Books as someone suggested earlier, it's very much in line with the type of shows OP likes, same guys behind Father Ted

• Registered Users Posts: 6,730 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Bottom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭Immortal Starlight

Still Game on Netflix

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭dermo2014

Seinfeld, all seasons available on rte player.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Parks and Rec is often spoken about in the same terms as The US Office although personally I rate the latter much higher.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is very funny in my opinion but it is a cruder humour than the shows you listed.

I presume, even though you didn't mention them that you have watched the old reliables of Fawlty Towers and Only Fools and Horses.
    Last of the Summer wine is an even older version of a similar type of humour.
    And there is a show called Early Doors which is very similar in setting and style to The Royle Family. Craig Cash produced both shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭.red.

Parks and Rec is often spoken about in the same terms as The US Office although personally I rate the latter much higher.
    It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is very funny in my opinion but it is a cruder humour than the shows you listed.

Parks and Rec as a whole was good but the 2nd last season was poor and the last season was diabolical. Very easy viewing tho.
    Always Sunny is probably my favourite comedy of all time. Really really strange story lines tho. The last few season are good but not on a par with the earlier ones.

Another show I'd highly recommend is Episodes. I'd never heard of it till it was half ways thru the last season. Rewatched it recently with my wife and she loved it too.

****ts Creek was a slow burner at the start, I'd just about enough interest to keep going with it and was glad I did. Every episode has a laugh in it.

Frasier is well worth watching too, even if you've seen most episodes before. The comedy is fantastic and it hasn't aged a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Another one which you might like was Scrubs although it is a very American type of humour which are different from the shows you listed.

As with other shows mentioned here, avoid the last series like it was Season 8 of Game of Thrones.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Curb your enthusiasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,940 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Modern Family was fantastic for the most of it.
    Peep Show, re-watched it all again earlier in the year, still as funny.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,656 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Curb your enthusiasm.

Starting out at season 1 for the 3rd time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭greensausage

30 rock and arrested development are decent as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭pajosjunkbox

Curb your enthusiasm.......Larry David gets in sticky situations and says out loud what everybody else might think but choose to stay quiet to maintain an appearance of being normal !!!!

Peep Show..... Great characters. Super Hands, Jez, Mark and Johnson. Quality comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭mark_jmc

30 rock and arrested development are decent as well.

+1 for Arrested Development, it’s hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 60,270 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Brooklyn 99

• Registered Users Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Acosta

mark_jmc wrote: »
    +1 for Arrested Development, it’s hilarious

Just don't watch it beyond the 3rd season

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭Archeron

If you like animation, Drawn Together can be very funny, I say meat blimp at least once a week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭ollkiller

Letterkenny.

Advertisement