Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gopro hero 9 bundle

• 20-11-2020 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭

Been keeping an eye on Amazon for a GoPro deal and spotted a hero9 on Amazon Black Friday for £375.

Looked at GoPro website and they had a gopro9 with water grip,magnetic grip, spare battery, memory card, and years go pro subscription for €395

If you remove the subscription (50quid) at checkout the offer jumps up 100quid.

So I checkout with subscription and I was charged €345 very happy with that... Will see how it turns out

https://gopro.com/en/ie/shop/cameras/hero9-black/CHDHX-901-master.html

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

deegs wrote: »
    Been keeping an eye on Amazon for a GoPro deal and spotted a hero9 on Amazon Black Friday for £375.

Looked at GoPro website and they had a gopro9 with water grip,magnetic grip, spare battery, memory card, and years go pro subscription for €395

If you remove the subscription (50quid) at checkout the offer jumps up 100quid.

So I checkout with subscription and I was charged €345 very happy with that... Will see how it turns out

https://gopro.com/en/ie/shop/cameras/hero9-black/CHDHX-901-master.html

I've been keeping an eye on the bundle the last week or so at 379.99.

I've never had a go pro so wasn't sure if it was a good deal or not

Did you get the bundle for 345 or just the go pro alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭deegs

Entire bundle spare battery, card, mounts and subscription.
    Fantastic deal

I was look for something cheaper like a 7, but this deal on a 9 was to good to pass up. Worth it for the image stabilisation and front screen alone.

Last time I hotva go pro was the hero 3 black off Amazon Black Friday maybe 7 years ago and I paid more for that too.

Entire bundle spare battery, card, mounts and subscription.
    Fantastic deal

I was look for something cheaper like a 7, but this deal on a 9 was to good to pass up. Worth it for the image stabilisation and front screen alone.

Last time I hotva go pro was the hero 3 black off Amazon Black Friday maybe 7 years ago and I paid more for that too.

How did you get it for 345 its saying 379.99 for me in my cart?

did you just end up getting charged 345 aftter you ordered?

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Str8outtaWuhan

just ordered it via paypal got charged 329.99 euros , doubled checked my paypal to be sure, absolute steal at that price considering all you get. Best Black friday deal in a while thanks OP

just ordered it via paypal got charged 329.99 euros , doubled checked my paypal to be sure, absolute steal at that price considering all you get. Best Black friday deal in a while thanks OP

I'll order mine today, I wasn't sure whether to hold out until Black Friday but this looks like the best that it'll be.

I say what will happen with the 329:99 is the subscription for 50 will be charged separate.

• Advertisement

Harpy wrote: »
    How did you get it for 345 its saying 379.99 for me in my cart?

did you just end up getting charged 345 aftter you ordered?
    Once you pay with PayPal it will come thru as 329.
    I added a 64gb card for an additional €16.

The following day the 49.99 was taken so 379 is correct.

I'll order mine today, I wasn't sure whether to hold out until Black Friday but this looks like the best that it'll be.

I say what will happen with the 329:99 is the subscription for 50 will be charged separate.

That's exactly what happened. 329.99 and 16 euro taken yesterday for bundle and 64gb card respectively.

49.99 taken for the subscription today. Which I am totally fine with, still an epic deal.

Apologies if my original post was confusing.... I was veeeeery excited 🤭

That's exactly what happened. 329.99 and 16 euro taken yesterday for bundle and 64gb card respectively.

49.99 taken for the subscription today. Which I am totally fine with, still an epic deal.

Apologies if my original post was confusing.... I was veeeeery excited 🀭

no bother.. gonna get himself to order it today getting it for Christmas ðŸ˜ðŸ˜. The 50 for sub is worth it anyway cause you get good discount on accessories with it. So you kind of get your 50 back that way if you buy some.
    Are ye going with go pro accessories or third party?

I think I’ll get a few go ones with the discounts from go pro .. I like the idea of the dog mount also but it’s gotten some terrible reviews maybe just clipping onto a harness might just be a good.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Pulled the trigger and bought one plus a floaty camera case.
    Great deal OP, thank you😊

no bother.. gonna get himself to order it today getting it for Christmas ðŸ˜ðŸ˜. The 50 for sub is worth it anyway cause you get good discount on accessories with it. So you kind of get your 50 back that way if you buy some.
    Are ye going with go pro accessories or third party?

I think I’ll get a few go ones with the discounts from go pro .. I like the idea of the dog mount also but it’s gotten some terrible reviews maybe just clipping onto a harness might just be a good.

May be tempted to get go pro ones with the subscription, but I do have a load of generic accessories i've bought of amazon in the past.

deal screenshot still open, screenshot attached

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Animo

Does anyone recommend any of the third party accessories makers or are the GoPro accessories the way to go?

Mine just arrived about an hour ago and currently have it charging..So excited!
    It took 5 days.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Invested myself. Where to start. Its my first .

Limpy wrote: »
    Invested myself. Where to start. Its my first .
    Same here, I've never had a GoPro or any camera really. I'm a complete beginner. There's loads of instructional videos up on YouTube that I've been watching. Have fun with it😊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,188 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Missed this on black Friday and whilst not as good, Go Pro have the camera plus sub, spare battery and SD card for €379 or the bundle for €429

Great deal considering Harvey Norman want €479 just for the camera today. Puts it on a par with EU Global too but that's just for the camera not a sub too.

https://gopro.com/en/ie/shop/cameras

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

I'm looking at a bundle deal currently on the gopro website (I can't post a link as I'm a new user).

Just a question regarding the subscription. Can it be cancelled after the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

I'm looking at a bundle deal currently on the gopro website (I can't post a link as I'm a new user).

Just a question regarding the subscription. Can it be cancelled after the year?

Can be cancelled whenever ya like

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Can be cancelled whenever ya like

Small print says if you cancel the subscription within 14 days you fall below the minium threshold for the cheap camera and they can charge you full price.

https://gopro.com/en/ie/legal/subscription-camera-bundle

I'd stick s reminder in your phone for say a month after you get the camera to cancel it.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Small print says if you cancel the subscription within 14 days you fall below the minium threshold for the cheap camera and they can charge you full price.

https://gopro.com/en/ie/legal/subscription-camera-bundle

I'd stick s reminder in your phone for say a month after you get the camera to cancel it.

That's an eu market clause for the 14 days cooling off period, there's a whole thing about it in a gopro community forum.
    Just leave it for anywhere from 3 weeks to 11 months with a phone reminder.

For anyone looking at a gopro9 the bundle is now the same price at €379 as just the camera and memory card.

Means you get a few accessories for free.

Harvey Norman still over €400 for just the camera- no memory card or accessories.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

I got the bundle about 7 weeks ago and the SD card was faulty, GOPRO are refusing to replace it. I have been on to them a number of times trying to resolve it but their customer service would give Eir a run for its money as the worst I have come across.

Smurts wrote: »
    I got the bundle about 7 weeks ago and the SD card was faulty, GOPRO are refusing to replace it. I have been on to them a number of times trying to resolve it but their customer service would give Eir a run for its money as the worst I have come across.

Yeah have read and heard their customer service is appalling which is very poor for a company the size of gopro and the price point of their products. You could do a chargeback but would need to return the entire bundle.

Am toying between a gopro 9 and a Osmo (Osmo on HN right now is €379 too). Looked at comparisons of the two and the stability and sharpness seems on a par between the two. Lots of feedback about the 9 being buggy and freezing which is very disappointing given the price point.

Presumably that's a firmware issue so can be fixed over the air, assume they've dropped the price of the 9 as a 10 will be coming out later in the year,

Thr Osmo is 2 years old but some people say its just as good as a 9....I just don't know.

Advertisement