Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Boxing General Chat

• 12-11-2020 2:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

Is it worth setting up a General topic for Boxing chat outside of fight talk?

See Frampton won his case

the 10k emails Cyclone deleted got found a few days earlier, wonder if it had anything to do with it.

It was as settlement, id say a couple million doubt he will see the money anyway, queue cyclone filing for bankruptcy in the coming weeks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Carl definitely hadn't been covering himself in glory up until this point so definitely seems like the emails were the turning point. Happy for Carl though. Have only had a couple of brief interactions with him but has always come across as a decent skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭fitzparker

No, I think up to the mysterious deleted emails being found it was terrible arguments from both sides.

as soon as they got found a settlement was placed, would love to know what was contained in them

• Registered Users Posts: 6,874 ✭✭✭kevthegaff

When do ye think clubs will open again, I started last year at 37!!. But only competition fighters can train:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

fitzparker wrote: »
    No, I think up to the mysterious deleted emails being found it was terrible arguments from both sides.

as soon as they got found a settlement was placed, would love to know what was contained in them

Well whatever they proved definitely went in Frampton's favour.

he seems very happy with the settlement

https://twitter.com/RealCFrampton/status/1326851593006878722

• Registered Users Posts: 54,549 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I wonder will her Majesty's Revenue and Customs and the IRS be closing this case?

• Advertisement

I think so, I just went onto their website and they still have Josh Taylor on it.

I was sure he left months ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭Boooourns

Morrison J wrote: »
    Carl definitely hadn't been covering himself in glory up until this point so definitely seems like the emails were the turning point. Happy for Carl though. Have only had a couple of brief interactions with him but has always come across as a decent skin.

I always thought he was decent until he denied that he thought MTK was a front for a criminal gang in court.
    I see Mcguigan has now been mentioning it in the media, mainly because he's gotten stung now and i think Carl was using the gangs solicitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

No mention on here of the Benn fight tonight?
    I'm going to go Benn late stoppage.
    He has the formella to do it!! :D
    Time to step up!

blade1 wrote: »
    No mention on here of the Benn fight tonight?
    I'm going to go Benn late stoppage.
    He has the formella to do it!! :D
    Time to step up!

Morrison J usually puts up fight threads!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,967 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Boooourns wrote: »
    I always thought he was decent until he denied that he thought MTK was a front for a criminal gang in court.
    I see Mcguigan has now been mentioning it in the media, mainly because he's gotten stung now and i think Carl was using the gangs solicitors.

What do you think would happen if he said in court that he thinks his own management company is a front ?

You can bet that World title fight Vs Herring would be off for a start anyway......and things would likely get worse from there.
    Frampton would only be causing hassle for himself and his family by saying that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Big Ears wrote: »
    What do you think would happen if he said in court that he thinks his own management company is a front ?

You can bet that World title fight Vs Herring would be off for a start anyway......and things would likely get worse from there.
    Frampton would only be causing hassle for himself and his family by saying that.

Perhaps he should not have put himself in that position to begin with Big Ears?

Only allowed two fights for 2021:

What are they?

I am going with Tank Davis vs. Lomachenko at 130 or 135......I think Tank beats him.

Second fight is AJ-Fury at HW.....I think AJ beats him...

There are a few

AJ v Fury - would love to see it at a packed Old trafford or Wembley
    Spence v Crawford
    Taylor v Ramirez

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/other-sport/boxing/glenn-mccrory-challenges-evander-holyfield-19377140

A 56yr old calling out a 58yr old.
    And Holyfield is running scared apparently.

Glenn is a legend now according to some media outlets reporting this. I would be interested in seeing Lewis v Bowe if it's a competitive fight, not the farce we saw last weekend.

walshb wrote: »
    Only allowed two fights for 2021:

What are they?

I am going with Tank Davis vs. Lomachenko at 130 or 135......I think Tank beats him.

Second fight is AJ-Fury at HW.....I think AJ beats him...

Crawford V Spence
    AJ V Fury

With Spence and Joshua being the winners.

What make you think AJ beats Fury? I'm not seeing it at all, Fury wins everyday of the week for me.

What make you think AJ beats Fury? I'm not seeing it at all, Fury wins everyday of the week for me.

I think, unlike Wilder, Joshua is good enough to hit Fury flush at some point. I don't think Fury will be able to take it

I think, unlike Wilder, Joshua is good enough to hit Fury flush at some point. I don't think Fury will be able to take it

He was actually out cold for a second or 2 after Wilders punch and still got up. I get what you're saying, Wilder is nowhere near as good a boxer as Joshua but i can't see Fury leaving Joshua land, something like his Klitchko performance.

Just hope the fight finally happens. I can't stand Fury anymore because of the MTK stuff and bigging his up of DK.

What makes you think Fury beats AJ?

• Advertisement

What makes you think Fury beats AJ?

More skillful, better defence/reflexes, better ring IQ and just his absolute will to win, his mindset is unbelievable when he's tuned in. He looked in great shape in the second Wilder fight, actually looked very strong and showed a bit of power.
    He's the best heavyweight in the World by a bit for me. Can't see anyone beat him bar a freak KO.

Why would you back AJ over him?

More skillful, better defence/reflexes, better ring IQ and just his absolute will to win, his mindset is unbelievable when he's tuned in. He looked in great shape in the second Wilder fight, actually looked very strong and showed a bit of power.
    He's the best heavyweight in the World by a bit for me. Can't see anyone beat him bar a freak KO.

Why would you back AJ over him?

All valid and solid points for Fury. And very well could see him win, likely on points..

Me: AJ has the height, range, overall size and perfect punch delivery and mechanics (for this matchup) to get right through to Fury to land heavy and clean. Knocking him clean out, or badly hurting him to finish him off..

Inside game is going to play a part. Fury will be surprised that AJ can match him physically inside, as well as land damaging punches inside..

Fury’s chin will no way survive clean fire from AJ, and I don’t think he can go 36 minutes without getting hit clean..

Wilder did not land near his cleanest or hardest shots, and Fury was flat on his back for 9-10 seconds..

AJ a far better overall puncher..

If it goes t the cards, nobody should be expecting Fury walks this..

Wilder won several rounds on the cards, and he is not as good a boxer as AJ

AJ will show that he can box with Fury..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I see Jonny Nelson has been saying that Tennyson beats Tank Davies right now.
    He mustn't have seen the farmer fight.

I see Jonny Nelson has been saying that Tennyson beats Tank Davies right now.
    He mustn't have seen the farmer fight.

Some boyo, Nelson!

He was actually out cold for a second or 2 after Wilders punch and still got up. I get what you're saying, Wilder is nowhere near as good a boxer as Joshua but i can't see Fury leaving Joshua land, something like his Klitchko performance.

Just hope the fight finally happens. I can't stand Fury anymore because of the MTK stuff and bigging his up of DK.

I knew the Undertaker like recovery would be brought up. I think that was a freakish event. I believe Joshua has the ability to land on Fury regularly enough to stop him. A big difference in this fight will be Joshua won't be afraid to step forward and throw- unlike Klitschko. I do believe Fury is the better boxer, but Joshua, as he proved against Wlad, has the skill to test Fury's chin.
    It would not surprise me at all if Fury is ahead on points before Joshua stops him.

I wish they would replace Nelson with someone like Andy Lee who knows what he is talking about.

I wish they would replace Nelson with someone like Andy Lee who knows what he is talking about.

Lee can talk some rubbish as well!

Lee can talk some rubbish as well!

Really? I find him much more knowledgeable than Nelson. He might be a bit close to Fury to be objective at times, if that's what you are getting at

Really? I find him much more knowledgeable than Nelson. He might be a bit close to Fury to be objective at times, if that's what you are getting at

He is good..

I have just found at times he comes out with a bit of rubbish

I guess it’s all subjective...

Overall I like him..

People love Paulie for some reason..I can’t listen to the pr1ck..loves the sound of his own voice!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,083 ✭✭✭✭blade1

He is good..

I have just found at times he comes out with a bit of rubbish

I guess it’s all subjective...

Overall I like him..

People love Paulie for some reason..I can’t listen to the pr1ck..lives the sound of his own voice!!

Paulie is like a Duracell bunny.
    Too full on.
    Rest of them sound like they haven't a clue what they are on about.
    Richie Woodhall(forget if he is sky or bt) is probably the easiest on the ear.
    Andy Lee would be the best of the current lot for me.

Advertisement