Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco.ie Vouchers Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,021 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Can anyone remember when the Christmas saver vouchers came out last year?

Generally around next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Generally around next week.

Lovely, thanks!

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Current till spits say mailings will issue next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Message in my online account saying arriving on 16th

• Registered Users Posts: 3,064 ✭✭✭j@utis

There's more vouchers coming? Excellent! I just spent the last 12eur off today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,331 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Quackster wrote: »
    Current till spits say mailings will issue next week.

Good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

Arrived this morning for me. No more phone bills for another year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

cookie1977 wrote: »

Same....mine just in the letter box there now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Does everyone get the Christmas ones or is it just those who don't use their CC much?

Does everyone get the Christmas ones or is it just those who don't use their CC much?
    It's the regular quarterly mailing it's just that the annual savers get there vouchers too at this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

It's the regular quarterly mailing it's just that the annual savers get there vouchers too at this time.

the clubcard points vouchers is it?

I thought it was people talking about the 10 euro off 50 type vouchers that often issue at this time of year. I never get these at Christmas (or any other time of the year, if they also do them quarterly too?) as I am a regular CC user.

the clubcard points vouchers is it?

I thought it was people talking about the 10 euro off 50 type vouchers that often issue at this time of year. I never get these at Christmas (or any other time of the year, if they also do them quarterly too?) as I am a regular CC user.
    Well I got 3euro in specific product vouchers with this mailing. I dont get any vouchers really throughout the year. Have been a christams saver for ages now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Disappointed with no spend and save vouchers

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Disappointed with no spend and save vouchers
    Got 6 x €5 off €25 spend vouchers with my mailing this morning.

They have the alcohol legislation update printed on the back of the booklet:

From 11.01.21 points will not be given on the purchase of alcohol. Clubcard vouchers can no longer be used from this date towards the purchase of alcohol. For full details visit http://tesco.ie/clubcard/faq

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Quackster wrote: »
    Got 6 x €5 off €25 spend vouchers with my mailing this morning.

They have the alcohol legislation update printed on the back of the booklet:

From 11.01.21 points will not be given on the purchase of alcohol. Clubcard vouchers can no longer be used from this date towards the purchase of alcohol. For full details visit http://tesco.ie/clubcard/faq

None here !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SourSessions

None here !

I asked on Twitter. They said they are sent at random

I got 6 x 16eur weekly all way up to xmas. I definitely wasn't shopping in tesco enough this year, and now they want me back :D

Tell me more about it? I use tesco vouchers to buy the mobile top-ups, is there another way?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,881 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I asked on Twitter. They said they are sent at random
    :D
    They are targeted coupons based on -+usage of loyalty card

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

zell12 wrote: »
    :D
    They are targeted coupons based on -+usage of loyalty card

I used all mine received last time around, got none this time, back to the drawing board for me as regards cracking the code, lol. Previous few times I didn't use 1 or 2 out of the 6.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,881 ✭✭✭✭zell12

I used all mine received last time around, got none this time, back to the drawing board for me as regards cracking the code, lol. Previous few times I didn't use 1 or 2 out of the 6.
    Get a clubcard for Ms A. Dahwn and use it rarely ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 80,798 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn

zell12 wrote: »
    Get a clubcard for Ms A. Dahwn and use it rarely ;)

Already did, didn't get any on that either. Might put the address in Irish, lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,883 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

If you shop too often at Tescos you dont get those coupons...I know a mate who does most of his shopping at Dunnes and always get 5 of 25 with each club card statement !

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

If you shop too often at Tescos you dont get those coupons...I know a mate who does most of his shopping at Dunnes and always get 5 of 25 with each club card statement !

It has nothing to do with that. I've 3 cards for normal times, one used 2 out of every 3 weeks, the other 2 alternate on the 3rd week. Its usually the main card that gets the offers but sometimes one of the lesser used ones does. Back in the spring, I emailed asking why one had 10 off 70 for 6 weeks (and why I couldn't use online) while my "sons card" got 10 off 40 for 4 weeks? I was told its a courtesy randomly offered to get folk in store and that I should consider myself lucky to get anything.
    I got nothing this time around as I've been cocooning since February and haven't left the house. Since they wouldn't issue coupons that work online, I moved to supervalu, who do (every week in the app).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,906 ✭✭✭Cazale

Got a load of vouchers for 20 off a 120 spend. Never do a full shop in Tesco so I doubt I'll use them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭Moody_mona

Cazale wrote: »
    Got a load of vouchers for 20 off a 120 spend. Never do a full shop in Tesco so I doubt I'll use them.

Ditto. Won't be using them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭snowgal

And I got 6x 15 off 70, so random! I’ll use one I’d say for a Xmas booze shop maybe, though I’ve been saving my dunnes coupons along with shop and save so that’ll be for main big shop....

j@utis wrote: »
    Tell me more about it? I use tesco vouchers to buy the mobile top-ups, is there another way?

Christmas saver allows me to deposit 100 euro cash into the account and they give me free 6 euro when I do. That plus my annual points came to 162 euro which becomes 486 in mobile credit (tesco boost triples the value) split that between my sons payg tesco mobile and wife's bill pay tesco account. No more bills for 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Hatshepsut

I'm annoyed for the millionth time re Tesco vouchers.
    2 Clubcards in this household. One got 50cent more than the other in Clubcard vouchers. That one ALWAYS gets 6 × €5 off a €25 spend etc etc. Most usually gets vouchers for a euro off products etc too but not this time.
    The other Clubcard gets nothing extra EVER, no €X off a shop vouchers.
    I'm sick of it. So it's not random at all and the 2 cards would be used equally pretty much - grocery and Tesco mobile, amounts spent quite similar.
    Only difference I see is the Tesco store named on inside of pamphlet coming coming with vouchers, they're 2 different county towns.
    So are different Tesco stores more generous with what they send out in the Clubcard mailings?? Cos it's very much looking like that to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

It has nothing to do with that. I've 3 cards for normal times, one used 2 out of every 3 weeks, the other 2 alternate on the 3rd week.
    So do you really thing this is genuinely random?!

And if purely random do you think it is just by chance that I, a low spender, only gets for 5 off 25, 10 off 50, while big families I know get 20 off 100. Or would you accept that the amounts are not random?

I think they would be well onto the scam of having 2 cards. They would likely be able to see the credit card used (maybe not with data protection these days). You would really want a different surname and different address for it to work properly, and pay only with cash with the new card.

Even then I think it would depend on what you buy, if you were going in buying loads of high profit items, like single bars of chocolate and single cans of coke they are going to want you in before somebody spending the same amount on stuff which is possibly sold at a loss or low profit, like tesco cheapest vodka of tubs of celebrations or the current "5 for 5" deals.

In another thread somebody who I think worked in accounts in supermarkets reckoned they might not make much on delivery, so would not want to encourage it.

I think the best bet would be doing a large household shop the odd time, so their system/algorithm should twig you area as a big shopper who is usually going to other supermarkets.

I have read too many reports of people not getting vouchers who were active big spenders for me to think it is random. I do think their system is flawed though, as when I get my vouchers I blow them mainly on cheap drink, possibly sold at a loss. I also stock up on high cost items with long shelf life. After that I spend much less in tesco, I think this might work in my favour, the system might see me as a potential biggish spender (even though I previously said what you buy might matter, it would if I wrote the algorithm)

Advertisement