Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You know what I'm really going to enjoy this Christmas?

• 15-11-2020 10:17pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭

Listening to Christmas music that I actually really like, at times of my own choosing, because I don't have to be in public spaces where they pipe in all whatever soulless ones are to hand.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,250 ✭✭✭Seamai

Not having to go to a staff Christmas party.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Not running around trying to please everyone else by ‘showing my face’ at everything we usually get invited to.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭touts

Hopefully it looks like being a small Christmas. Just us. Normally we have the inlaws staying with us. Some of them for what seems like ****ing weeks. They fly in from the UK and US and stay with us because they are too bloody mean to get a hotel. My mother in law in particular drops on our doorstep and it feels like we would nearly need a court order to get rid of her. So basically normally I spend the 24th to the first week of January acting as a taxi driver, room service, chef, janitor, waiter, barman, babysitter, cleaner etc etc etc.

None of that this year. The overseas ones can't get to us and I feel a cough coming on sometime around the 23rd so it'll be unsafe for the Mother in Law to come as we"ll have to self isolate and God it's sooooo difficult to get a test between Christmas and New Years.

Cough Cough. When's Raiders of the lost Ark on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

I'm looking forward to doing pretty much everything we normally do. The changes for us are more in the build up that over the actual holidays themselves. Though we did get confirmed over the w/e that irrelevant of the restrictions status my In-laws want no visitors at all and wont be leaving their house. My Mrs is a wee bit upset as she hasn't seen them in the flesh since early in the year but accepts that there's little she can do to change that. They definitely fall into the terrified out of their wits bracket and that shows no signs of letting up unfortunately.

Other than seeing my in-laws it'll be as close to normal as can be.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Smell the glove

s1ippy wrote: »
    Listening to Christmas music that I actually really like, at times of my own choosing, because I don't have to be in public spaces where they pipe in all whatever soulless ones are to hand.

That is a classic version of that song. Never ever gets airplay!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

It's offensive to some because it's great craic. Or great craic because it's offensive?

Feck jingley bells, I want breaking glass. :D

I'm also looking forward to making and eating our Christmas dinner. We can do it in our own home and have a few drinks instead of being at the mercy of the tyrannical matriarchs of my family... it's the same every year, having to stay sober to drive home, being drawn into an unnecessary argument and having to concede every point just to stop it from escalating into a row, just because it's Christmas.

Although if we actually got together for it this year, we'd just be so glad of the company that we'd tolerate each other fine and be on our best behaviour. Funny what a bit of perspective does.

Advertisement