Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Jim McGuinness For Tyrone Manager

Options
  • 15-11-2020 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭

Herd a rumour from a few men in Tyrone that the county board have Jim as top of their list to replace Harte. I think Jim in Tyrone would be an unbelievable appointment for them......dont see Jim going there though. Or back to GAA management either for the foreseeable future.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭kala85

Would not be surprised if Peter canavan has his eye on the job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭rrs

Fergal Logan id say. He managed Tyrone U21 to All Ireland in 2015. Canavan ruled himself out yesterday on Sky with his son being involved.

McGuinness said recently he wants to get a role back in soccer.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dats_rite

I know Malachy ORourke took on a club team in derry recently, surely he would be of interest to Tyrone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

I seen this priced on boylesports and fergal Lohan was 1 to 4 which makes it look like it’s already a done deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

McGuinnness won’t go to Tyrone. Not a hope. He mentioned he has been in with Donegal ally recently.

I think they are the only county he’d manage.

• Advertisement

Tyrone would be unlikely to look for a outside manager regardless.

Malachy O Rourke while being a Fermanagh man, would probably have been the nearest as an outsider had he been available. He lives in Ballygawley, but managing Glenn in Derry next year

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

Malachy O Rourke would be a good choice, he did a great job with Monaghan and is a proven manager at inter county level.

tanko wrote: »
    Malachy O Rourke would be a good choice, he did a great job with Monaghan and is a proven manager at inter county level.

He would have been, if he was available. He was confirmed as Glenn Watty Graham Manager a few weeks ago. It will be interesting if he can push them on with Conor Glass back. They won 4 in a row Ulster Minor club a few years ago

I wonder could he combine that, and be part of a potential backroom team with Tyrone

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭tanko

If Malachy O Rourke was offered the Tyrone job i couldn't see him turning it down over some club job.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

kala85 wrote: »
    Would not be surprised if Peter canavan has his eye on the job

He already said he doesnt want it due to his son and son-in-law being involved already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭doc_17

I’d be stunned of McGuinness was offered it or took it. Like, have you read his book? No live lost for Tyrone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭PressRun

Every time a high profile managerial job comes up, McGuinness gets mentioned as a front runner and it never happens. I don't see him managing anyone else tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Fergal Logan is the name I'm hearing, unless some internal politics act against him.

I think St Peter will be cute enough to let someone else come in and take over from Harte.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I think some people are under-estimating the mutual dislike between Tyrone and Donegal!

It was Harte's time to go, but have to say some of stuff said about him was mean-spirited. He was crucial to Tyrone's great run, and arguably they would not have done it without him.

Eaten bread, and all that ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Cavan_King

dobman88 wrote: »
    He already said he doesnt want it due to his son and son-in-law being involved already.

He also mentioned he has another son on the minors and three, I think he said three, nephews coming through as well with the minors. He said he’d hope all of them would feature for the seniors.

I’m sure he’s also making his few pound with punditry on both Sky & BBC and also doing work with some clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Dats_rite

doc_17 wrote: »
    I’d be stunned of McGuinness was offered it or took it. Like, have you read his book? No live lost for Tyrone.

If he was offered the job, with the squad they have, commutable from Donegal....he would definitely have think about it.

And with the squad tyrone have and a different management team I think they'd be well capable in the next few years

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Lol, next year’s Ulster championship, Jimmy McGuinness leading his Tyrone team into battle against Donegal.

[can’t see it happening somehow]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,835 ✭✭✭doc_17

By the way, nobody in Donegal calls him Jimmy as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

doc_17 wrote: »
    By the way, nobody in Donegal calls him Jimmy as far as I know.

Except his mother.

Advertisement