Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFootball PES2020

1131415161719»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

callaway92 wrote: »
    Personally - As someone who has been PES since International Superstar Soccer, I've never been as down on a series.

This year is just a data update from last year (no aesthetic/gameplay changes). At least they were honest about it though.

The game is very, very buggy and would maybe suggest waiting for next year's version to not let this one put you off! The price is fine though.

I don't know.. seems like a good game to re-enter to the series. I mean I haven't played PES Since PES 2008. But what differentiates it from FIFA, seems to be there. The gameplay just seems uncripted and "random" from want of a better word. Like in FIFA, you'll see the same type of goal scored over and over. But PES, it just seems more realistic and less about falling into scripts and habbits.

Having said that, you've been playing every title since ISS. And for me, I've casual player, looking to get into a football game again. It's going to be easier to impress me since the whole things is super fresh to me again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

I don't know.. seems like a good game to re-enter to the series. I mean I haven't played PES Since PES 2008. But what differentiates it from FIFA, seems to be there. The gameplay just seems uncripted and "random" from want of a better word. Like in FIFA, you'll see the same type of goal scored over and over. But PES, it just seems more realistic and less about falling into scripts and habbits.

Having said that, you've been playing every title since ISS. And for me, I've casual player, looking to get into a football game again. It's going to be easier to impress me since the whole things is super fresh to me again.

In comparison to FIFA, its lightyears ahead of it in gameplay. Has its flaws but its a good game to get back into it.

PES 2022 will be the first game built for the next gen consoles and will be using a new game engine also. Looking forward to that

Also, there's no option files on Xbox unfortunately

Colemania wrote: »
    In comparison to FIFA, its lightyears ahead of it in gameplay. Has its flaws but its a good game to get back into it.

PES 2022 will be the first game built for the next gen consoles and will be using a new game engine also. Looking forward to that

Also, there's no option files on Xbox unfortunately

Ah.. interesting. so new engine for next-gen? Nice. So, I might just pick this year's refresh title up to practice and get back in the swing of it. I remember there was a light version on Game Pass. I wonder if Xbox will have a deal with Konami again to get it on Game Pass.

I'm disappointed there's no choice to use option file or Xbox. However, I might actually have fun editing the teams. I'm sure I'll have a sense of achievement after. And maybe I might get into making some unique designs too. Trying to remain positive, lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭akelly02

lads

can this update be bought in a disc ie gamestop or CEX?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

akelly02 wrote: »
    lads

can this update be bought in a disc ie gamestop or CEX?

€20 in GameStop atm

• Advertisement

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    €20 in GameStop atm

as a disc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

as a disc?

Pretty sure, you can’t buy PS4 games as digital codes afaik.

Amazon have the disc copy here,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eFootball-PES-2021-SEASON-UPDATE/dp/B08D4KPYXC

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Pretty sure, you can’t buy PS4 games as digital codes afaik.

Amazon have the disc copy here,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/eFootball-PES-2021-SEASON-UPDATE/dp/B08D4KPYXC

cheers man

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭GazzaL

What's the general consensus on PES vs FIFA? I just tried out FIFA 20 and PES 2020 on Game Pass. The gameplay in PES is better in my opinion. In PES, it feels like teams play like their real life equivalents, both in terms of player abilities and tactics, if that makes sense. FIFA feels more generic, and the pitch feels smaller too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,646 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

GazzaL wrote: »
    What's the general consensus on PES vs FIFA? I just tried out FIFA 20 and PES 2020 on Game Pass. The gameplay in PES is better in my opinion. In PES, it feels like teams play like their real life equivalents, both in terms of player abilities and tactics, if that makes sense. FIFA feels more generic, and the pitch feels smaller too.

I can barely even watch the gameplay on Fifa at this stage, it looks and feels awful compared to PES, doubt I'll ever go back to Fifa tbh. PES gameplay is so far ahead its unreal.

• Advertisement

I finally downloaded eFootball 2021. Enjoying it so far. Defo not going back to FIFA. Might start a Master League campaign.

Does anyone know any good channels for Kit editing?

I finally downloaded eFootball 2021. Enjoying it so far. Defo not going back to FIFA. Might start a Master League campaign.

Does anyone know any good channels for Kit editing?

is it free if you have PES 2020?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

The PES 2021 thread is here by the way if people wish to continue discussing the latest game:

PES 2021 Thread

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

is it free if you have PES 2020?

Dude it's 20 quid, just buy the 2021 update! :P

dar83 wrote: »
    Dude it's 20 quid, just buy the 2021 update! :P

itl be the mrs :)

was trying to save her a few pound so she can buy me something else aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Has anyone else's Pes2020 just vanished from their Xbox? I was playing it one day then the next day it wouldn't launch, I uninstalled it and went into the store and it says it's no longer available! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Wuff Wuff

pm1977x wrote: »
    Has anyone else's Pes2020 just vanished from their Xbox? I was playing it one day then the next day it wouldn't launch, I uninstalled it and went into the store and it says it's no longer available! :mad:

was it the full version or the lite one?

the lite one has been replaced with 2021 Lite now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Wuff Wuff wrote: »
    was it the full version or the lite one?

the lite one has been replaced with 2021 Lite now

No, was the full version, after much confusion/investigation it appears I was playing it on Gamepass and it's gone from there without warning since Dec 11th :o what confused me was I had an activation key in my add ons for the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Pes 2021 is half price at the moment, nabbed it for Series X. Have Pes 2020 on ps4 for option files but wish xbox would sort this sh1t out.

Advertisement