Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BMW iNext

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Oh God, the grille, again :eek:

Buck tooth BMWs :D.

10559_large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Why is it shapped liked a ICE? Fairly large Frunk

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

ted1 wrote: »

No frunk. You can't even open it.
    That bonnet can only be opened by a mechanic/technician, incidentally, though, cleverly, the BMW badge on it opens to allow topping up of the washer fluid for front and rear windows.

JohnC. wrote: »
    No frunk. You can't even open it.

Ah here, that's mad.
    What the hell is in there? A cage full of minks pedaling a generator or what?

Skateboard battery platform, rear motor. There has to be oodles of space up there - it sits high too.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭PaulRyan97

Kramer wrote: »
    Ah here, that's mad.
    What the hell is in there? A cage full of minks pedaling a generator or what?

Skateboard battery platform, rear motor. There has to be oodles of space up there - it sits high too.

The only model they have detailed is AWD so it has a motor up front too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Unless they moved it to the boot or something, that means you will have to go to a garage just to change the 12v too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,613 ✭✭✭✭listermint

No that's viciously bad.

It looks like a very cheap Chinese rip off design of multiple vehicles thrown together.

Really really really poor design on this one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,840 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I fear BMW, my favourite car maker of all time, might never get off the path of self-destruction set in motion by Harald Krüger c.s. when he dismantled the quite successful and leading EV division back many years ago :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

How much is the orthodontics optional extra pack?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,793 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

There is something very off about that grill, am I the only one who see's it and thinks Hitler 'Tash?

Yeah it looks a bit ridiculous to be honest.

But, haven't a lot of Ex BMW design engineers and engineers in general left BMW so maybe they're struggling with their designs these days ?

Did I hear that Kia now have some Ex BMW designers ?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

ted1 wrote: »

BMW stated a while back that it was only going to platform share in the short term and not develop a dedicated EV platform. This looks like the end result of that decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,198 ✭✭✭digiman

I hate all this blue trims that they put on these new EVs in BMW.

Also, I can't think of any non-msport BMWs that I like either. If this had the m-sport treatment it could look totally different on the exterior, same with the IX3, looks pretty lame without the m-sport look.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,762 ✭✭✭✭unkel

08fb0e23c37117943fd125af0ec7bc10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 31,008 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Presumably you could just get the grille resprayed to match the rest of the car. Perhaps some aftermarket supplier will produce a pre-cut vinyl wrap for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Everybody hated on the i3 design too, but it got refined over time and grows on you too. I think this iX looks much, much better to start with, and it could improve over time too.

I hate SUVs so I won't be getting one of these, but I'm still excited to see what the i4 will be like

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

Some sweet interior shots from here:

539133.jpg

539134.jpg

539135.jpg

Advertisement