Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guy firing rifle at local nature reserve?

• 10-11-2020 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Am quite ignorant about guns, but I live in rural North Co Dublin and heard a number of rifle shots (I do know the difference between the various gun sounds) at my local nature reserve (not a game reserve, and not giving specific location details) a few days ago. Scared the crap out of me since I was outside at the time.

Im a fair distance from any local ranges, and given that its a nature reserve I'm a bit surprised that the owner would let this guy fire off a few rounds, especially since there's a walking track around the whole reserve and since it was quite dark it's possible some walker couldve been hit.

I didn't approach the guy because I'd be scared of getting shot, but is this legal? Who do I report this to next time? No way I want some loon firing a rile a couple hundred metres from my house. Or am I just overreacting?

PS: Last summer I saw was walking around the reserve and saw a guy showing off his scoped rifle, although they put it away when they saw me. May have been the same guy, I've no idea.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That might have just been a crow banger you heard or a banger used to scare away foxes.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭tudderone

Hi guys,

Am quite ignorant about guns, but I live in rural North Co Dublin and heard a number of rifle shots (I do know the difference between the various gun sounds) at my local nature reserve (not a game reserve, and not giving specific location details) a few days ago. Scared the crap out of me since I was outside at the time.

Im a fair distance from any local ranges, and given that its a nature reserve I'm a bit surprised that the owner would let this guy fire off a few rounds, especially since there's a walking track around the whole reserve and since it was quite dark it's possible some walker couldve been hit.

I didn't approach the guy because I'd be scared of getting shot, but is this legal? Who do I report this to next time? No way I want some loon firing a rile a couple hundred metres from my house. Or am I just overreacting?

PS: Last summer I saw was walking around the reserve and saw a guy showing off his scoped rifle, although they put it away when they saw me. May have been the same guy, I've no idea.

Thanks all.

Why on earth do you assume the chap is a loon ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Why do people think we are An Gardaí?

If something happens in the real world you ring An Gardaí if you have a legitimate concern. You don't come on to a shooting forum asking what people, that have not witnessed the alleged event, consider to be legal or not.

Thread closed.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement