Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Witcher - Netflix **Spoilers**

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,716 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Can't say I'm surprised. Witcher was a huge hit for Netflix, the only surprise is that it took this long to greenlight a live action spin off.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Yay another boring prequel to not watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,864 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 35,716 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Thue Ersted Rasmussen, who was to play fellow Witcher Eskel, has dropped out from the show due to the CoVid enforced rescheduling.

pixelburp wrote: »
    Thue Ersted Rasmussen, who was to play fellow Witcher Eskel, has dropped out from the show due to the CoVid enforced rescheduling.

‘The Witcher’ Recasts Eskel Role With Basil Eidenbenz For Season 2 After Thue Ersted Rasmussen Exits Netflix Series

https://deadline.com/2020/09/the-witcher-eskel-recast-basil-eidenbenz-season-2-thue-ersted-rasmussen-exit-replacement-netflix-1234585800/

• Advertisement

Production has halted in London, as four CoVid cases were confirmed today. None of the main cast apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

pixelburp wrote: »
    Production has halted in London, as four CoVid cases were confirmed today. None of the main cast apparently

Fuppin extras. They should go with guaranteed covid free extras, like me. Pick me Netflix!!! Being in the Witcher would be awesome as my second Netflix appearance! Pity they're not doing any shooting in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,366 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

my second Netflix appearance!

Go on, I'll bite. what was your first appearance?

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Go on, I'll bite. what was your first appearance?

:D Only an extra but I'm front and centre for like, 2 seconds! I Am Patrick.

I got to dress as a warrior and a druid and laze about in Craggaunowen for a couple of days. Awesome experience and I want moar! Then Covid...

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/netflixs-the-witcher-casts-7-more-actors-for-key-roles-in-season-2-exclusive

Here are the new castmembers and their official character names. The descriptions of the characters, however, are from the books and games, so those might change in the show.
    • Adjoa Andoh (Bridgerton, Silent Witness) in the role of Nenneke. In the books, she's a priestess of Melitele, and the head of the Temple of Melitele.
    • Cassie Clare (Brave New World, The Bisexual) in the role of Phillippa Eilhart. She's an advisor to Redania’s King Vizimir II and leader of the Lodge of Sorceresses. This casting was previously reported as joining the show on several fan sites, but this is the first time her casting has been confirmed by Netflix.
    • Liz Carr (Silent Witness, Devs) in the role of Fenn. Fenn was a partner in a law firm and detective agency in Dorian.
    • Simon Callow (A Room with A View, Four Weddings and a Funeral) in the role of Codringher. Fenn's partner.
    • Graham McTavish (Outlander, The Hobbit) in the role of Dijkstra. He was a master spy and head of special forces for the kingdom of Redania.
    • Kevin Doyle (Downton Abbey, Happy Valley) in the role of Ba’lian. Another casting that was previously reported on fan sites and being confirmed for the first time. This is apparently a new character.

• Chris Fulton (Bridgerton, Outlaw King) in the role of Rience. A a mage who was instructed to find Ciri after she disappeared during the slaughter of Cintra.

The season two storyline: "Convinced Yennefer’s (Anya Chalotra) life was lost at the Battle of Sodden, Geralt of Rivia (Henry Cavill) brings Princess Cirilla (Freya Allan) to the safest place he knows, his childhood home of Kaer Morhen. While the Continent’s kings, elves, humans and demons strive for supremacy outside its walls, he must protect the girl from something far more dangerous: the mysterious power she possesses inside."

Other actors previously announced new cast for season two include Yasen Atour as Coen, Agnes Born as Vereena, Paul Bullion as Lambert, Basil Eidenbenz as Eskel, Aisha Fabienne Ross as Lydia, Kristofer Hivju as Nivellen, Mecia Simson as Francesca, and Kim Bodnia as Vesemir.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,179 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Irish actor Laurence O’Fuarain has been cast as the lead in the prequal The Witcher: Blood Origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,269 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Confirmed via a wrap video released by Netflix:

https://tvline.com/2021/07/06/the-witcher-prequel-michelle-yeoh-cast-blood-origin/

Michelle Yeoh has joined the cast of The Witcher: Blood Origin, Netflix’s prequel to its popular fantasy series, the streaming service announced Tuesday.
    She’ll play Scían, who is the last member of her nomadic tribe of sword-elves. Per the official character description, “No one can come close to her artistry with the blade, and no one carries as much loss within their heart. When a chance presents itself to retrieve a stolen sacred sword, taken from her fallen tribe by nefarious means, she launches herself into a deadly quest that will change the outcome of the Continent.”

I wasn't even aware of Blood Origin! Nice, haven't read the books so seeing the Conjunction will be new for me. Also wasn't aware of the Nightmare of the Wolf anime, possibly covering the origin of the Wolf School? And Michelle Yeoh is a good casting, she's a pretty good actor.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

A Witcher trailer wiith the Witcher as a support character, how 2021. 🤣

• Advertisement

The Witcher Nightmare Of The Wolf

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

(I haven't played the game(s))

Gave Nightmare Of The Wolf a watch.

Really well made animated movie. Highly rated too currently 7.9/10 on imdb and 100% (critics) / 92% (audience) on RT

Really liked how they did the story of

Illyana vs Vesemir.. how they aged and how they dealth with it

The mythos, action and adventure were good too. Good to get more background on the universe and what happened in the past for The Witcher series. I wouldn't mind seeing the tv series include more about

the dwarves and elves

Definitely felt like the animation was able to do stuff that the live action show budget probably holds back. Definitely felt like they didn't see

any need to hold back on the numbers of monsters or amount and scale of magic used.

Gave this a watch last night and I was impressed. Solid story, good voice acting, fairly good visuals. They definitely could do more because it was an animation, can't imagine the scene where

all those kids get murdered in the woods and bits and blood flying everywhere

would translate well to live action. But I definitely enjoyed it, and is interesting to see as the games never explored that time (in great detail). Also weird seeing

Geralt as a kid!

Looking forward to S2 and the prequel now.

• I can't believe the witchers were actually creating monsters. I thought the racism towards them was a bit much but that is a perfectly valid reason to wipe them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The Witcher Renewed for Season 3

• After reading the books I can finally understand what's going on, during a rewatch.

Some really curious decisions around the time skips. It really harms the narrative. And, holy crap, the entire seasons needed 2 seasons to tell the stories without cutting much needed story beats.

Still think it's a great show though and looking forward to the coming season.

• I mean do the showrunners really have such an aversion to "10 years earlier" and such?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Well that gets the blood flowing.. and severed limbs flying! 🙂

Advertisement