Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Imagine LTE Rural Broadband

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭morgana

irishfeen wrote: »
    Imagine has totally failed from the Bweeng mast in Cork the last 24 hours... I’m absolutely raging missed out on loads of US election stuff I wanted to develop.

We are now seriously considering jacking them in completely and going back to mobile broadband.

Seriously not impressed!

Yea same - pretty much unusable today. Got actually on to them and there are still problems, he put me temporarily on a different sector (I presume) which gave at least stable connectivity but with massive pings (300 - 600) and said I would be switched back to my normal position in a few hours. I presume that has happened cause the router rebooted on its own. Since then its back-ish but still unstable with dropouts.
    If it does not stabilise I'll be back on the phone to them. Mobile BB is not an option reception here has deteriorated massively during Covid :(. So I'm really stuck with them. ANd no sign of NBI anytime soon - still not even a survey date :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

morgana wrote: »
    Yea same - pretty much unusable today. Got actually on to them and there are still problems, he put me temporarily on a different sector (I presume) which gave at least stable connectivity but with massive pings (300 - 600) and said I would be switched back to my normal position in a few hours. I presume that has happened cause the router rebooted on its own. Since then its back-ish but still unstable with dropouts.
    If it does not stabilise I'll be back on the phone to them. Mobile BB is not an option reception here has deteriorated massively during Covid :(. So I'm really stuck with them. ANd no sign of NBI anytime soon - still not even a survey date :(.

Got pings this morning over 4000 on Speedtest ... this is daylight robbery at €60 a month :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭davpower

Has anyone else lost connection to imagine this afternoon? tried restarting router but nothing happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

davpower wrote: »
    Has anyone else lost connection to imagine this afternoon? tried restarting router but nothing happening?

Completely gone here in Cork all day.

Been unstable to unusable for the last 4 days. Currently barely working with frequent drops (like right now- grrrr)

• Advertisement

Can't wait for NBI fed up dealing with Imagine

davpower wrote: »
    Can't wait for NBI fed up dealing with Imagine

Don't we all!
    Alas there is no sign of it in the near and probably medium-term future.

morgana wrote: »
    Don't we all!
    Alas there is no sign of it in the near and probably medium-term future.

Lucky for me I'm down as Dec 20 - Feb 21!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Won't be "soon" - I was on hold for 90 minutes before I hung up on Friday and it took them almost 2hrs to reply to me via chat this morning..

Only on hold for 48 mins, how lucky was I. Anyway, I ended up cancelling my imagine contract. I couldn't justify 60 quid a month for the rubbish speeds. I should be one of the first hopefully for NBI in the new year. I'm just going to hotspot on the 3 network till then.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

[PHP][/PHP]
    Only on hold for 48 mins, how lucky was I. Anyway, I ended up cancelling my imagine contract. I couldn't justify 60 quid a month for the rubbish speeds. I should be one of the first hopefully for NBI in the new year. I'm just going to hotspot on the 3 network till then.

What did it take to get out of the contract?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭NakQuada

Connection gone all day in Athy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭fish fingers

ARGINITE wrote: »
    [PHP][/PHP]

What did it take to get out of the contract?

Sorry for late response, I was already out of contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭SkepticQuark

6PM and the internet has dropped again, back onto mobile data as usual....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

Anyone in limerick have experience on speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭lanod2407

893bet wrote: »
    Anyone in limerick have experience on speeds?

I'm outside Castleconnell. Signed up a couple of months ago. Started with 50-60 MB, and getting 20 now if I'm lucky. Some days it's down to 10 or less ..... and hits 1MB if I go over the 20GB dubious limit they're imposing on people.

I've updated sky and Netflix to download / stream at the lowest definition to avoid going over the limit

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Had an engineer out today. Fitted all new equipment outside and inside. Worked great for the first few hours, speeds up to 140MBP/S.

Now it is down around 2 - 2.5 and unusable, keeps cutting out.

This stuff is just unbearable. It is very evident that there are bigger issues on their network.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

lanod2407 wrote: »
    I'm outside Castleconnell. Signed up a couple of months ago. Started with 50-60 MB, and getting 20 now if I'm lucky. Some days it's down to 10 or less ..... and hits 1MB if I go over the 20GB dubious limit they're imposing on people.

I've updated sky and Netflix to download / stream at the lowest definition to avoid going over the limit

What’s the upload speed like?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Flyer1 wrote: »
    Had an engineer out today. Fitted all new equipment outside and inside. Worked great for the first few hours, speeds up to 140MBP/S.

This stuff is just unbearable. It is very evident that there are bigger issues on their network.

that's normal for Imagine, good speeds in the morning and single digit speeds in the evenings because their network is completely oversubscribed. There is no way to fix it other than move to anther provider if available.

Gonzo wrote: »
    that's normal for Imagine, good speeds in the morning and single digit speeds in the evenings because their network is completely oversubscribed. There is no way to fix it other than move to anther provider if available.

Thanks for the heads up. Absolutely abysmal stuff again today. 125MBPS down this morning, now i'm at 0.7 down.

Did a bit of snooping around and apparently i'm out of contract and eligible for Eir Fibre - ordered just this last few minutes time. Will take pleasure from cancelling this absolutely terrible service :mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Thanks for the heads up. Absolutely abysmal stuff again today. 125MBPS down this morning, now i'm at 0.7 down.

Did a bit of snooping around and apparently i'm out of contract and eligible for Eir Fibre - ordered just this last few minutes time. Will take pleasure from cancelling this absolutely terrible service :mad:

good to hear you have an alternative. Imagine really should not be ordered by anyone if they have any other choice available, they are a service aimed at those who cannot get any other service, no dsl, no efibre, no cable, no FTTH.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Gonzo wrote: »
    good to hear you have an alternative. Imagine really should not be ordered by anyone if they have any other choice available, they are a service aimed at those who cannot get any other service, no dsl, no efibre, no cable, no FTTH.

Exactly , they are a provider of last resort - No more , no less.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

corruption and government sanctioned theft.
    cartel with no trading standards as ccpc.ie toothless

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭verizon

If anyone is in the Carlow/Kilkenny area looking at this thread, I'd chance going with Aptus over Imagine. My work is suffering badly again as a result of terrible connection.

Every day is daylight robbery with Imagine. Just counting down the day to end of contract :)

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Anyone know where I could get one of the bracket's imagine use to mount the box on the outside of the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

Conchurl wrote: »
    Anyone know where I could get one of the bracket's imagine use to mount the box on the outside of the house?

I've used these guys before for a satellite dish mounting bracket: https://www.satellitetv.ie/index.php?route=product/search&search=Bracket

• Registered Users Posts: 10 SAPBASIS

My internet is with imagine and signal keeps dropping, spent hours on to imagine who confirm issue is on there side but are doing nothing about it. I’m still in contract but just thinking of cancelling direct debit and boxing their stuff up .... I can’t wait for comreg. Anyone else take this approach ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,275 ✭✭✭Ardent

SAPBASIS wrote: »
    My internet is with imagine and signal keeps dropping, spent hours on to imagine who confirm issue is on there side but are doing nothing about it. I’m still in contract but just thinking of cancelling direct debit and boxing their stuff up .... I can’t wait for comreg. Anyone else take this approach ?

Can't help you with cancelling...but just to let you know that loss of connectivity and signal dropout is a regular occurrence from my own personal experience also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭ARGINITE

SAPBASIS wrote: »

If you do cancel I would be interested in knowing what's involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Runemaster

Hi guys, im sure this is asked a lot but; was thinking of switching to Imagine from Eircom. With Eircom we get TERRIBLE speeds because of the old DSL lines. We get a consistent 4mb/s (600 kb/s download on steam) but for a household of 7 it becomes very unusable.

What is your experiences with imagine(especially if in Donegal)? I have been reading this thread and seeing people get 60mb/s which is a dream and people getting 2m/b. It sounds very inconsistent depending on the mast. Even if I were getting around what I used to be getting and off peak higher speeds I would be happy.

• Advertisement

Runemaster wrote: »
    Hi guys, im sure this is asked a lot but; was thinking of switching to Imagine from Eircom. With Eircom we get TERRIBLE speeds because of the old DSL lines. We get a consistent 4mb/s (600 kb/s download on steam) but for a household of 7 it becomes very unusable.

What is your experiences with imagine(especially if in Donegal)? I have been reading this thread and seeing people get 60mb/s which is a dream and people getting 2m/b. It sounds very inconsistent depending on the mast. Even if I were getting around what I used to be getting and off peak higher speeds I would be happy.

I would personally stay away from Imagine at all possible costs.

I just disconnected from their service after a battling with them in relation to technical issues for some time.

Their service is over subscribed, at peak times I was seeing 0.7MB/s and constant disconnection problems, then the following morning I would be receiving in excess of 100MB/S

A reliable 4 MB/S is better than constantly battling disconnection/no service issues.

Advertisement