Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Is Kilmartin, Dublin 15 a safe area to live ?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,086 ✭✭✭Nijmegen

I believe the plans are already available to view including the location of the apartment buildings. They’re not due to be that far away. Although I think the planning is going through revision after this: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/bord-plean%C3%A1la-rejects-fast-track-plans-for-3-770-new-homes-1.3952587

Agreed with the comments around green space and extendability in Hollywoodrath. Lot of folks seem to be putting their pandemic savings into extensions lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Archie2020

Nijmegen wrote: »
    I believe the plans are already available to view including the location of the apartment buildings. They’re not due to be that far away. Although I think the planning is going through revision after this:

Agreed with the comments around green space and extendability in Hollywoodrath. Lot of folks seem to be putting their pandemic savings into extensions lately.

Thanks for sharing the article. I believe these plans were originally rejected on the basis that the high rise apartments in this plan were not a good fit with the rest of the developments in the area or something along them lines but I am sure Glenveagh will rustle something up in their revised plans & get their way in the end! Would be nice to see some shops going in here

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭steve2012

I believe the plans are already available to view including the location of the apartment buildings. They’re not due to be that far away. Although I think the planning is going through revision after this: https://www.irishtimes.com/life-and-style/homes-and-property/bord-plean%C3%A1la-rejects-fast-track-plans-for-3-770-new-homes-1.3952587

Looks like we won't be seeing any homes on the golf course now thanks to Dublin GAA purchasing the site off Glenveagh. I read about their plans and it looks promising for the area.

steve2012 wrote: »
    Looks like we won't be seeing any homes on the golf course now thanks to Dublin GAA purchasing the site off Glenveagh. I read about their plans and it looks promising for the area.

This is great news for the area and I'm sure a relief for the current residents....can you share the article on the plans please ?

Archie2020 wrote: »
    This is great news for the area and I'm sure a relief for the current residents....can you share the article on the plans please ?

I only have the article. They haven't places any plans in yet as its only the early stages. I'm sure they will put forward plans in the next year or two.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-gaa-step-up-efforts-for-two-centres-of-excellence-with-purchase-of-hollystown-golf-club-site-39702585.html

• Advertisement

I only have the article. They haven't places any plans in yet as its only the early stages. I'm sure they will put forward plans in the next year or two.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-gaa-step-up-efforts-for-two-centres-of-excellence-with-purchase-of-hollystown-golf-club-site-39702585.html

Thanks a mill, definitely a positive move for the area.....hopefully this will get the ball rolling on some more infrastructure in the area

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

They haven't bought the site, they have a small portion of the site.
    And Glenveagh are such ****s that they'll use this in their next application for housing as a bit of PR to soften people up.

Hurrache wrote: »
    They haven't bought the site, they have a small portion of the site.
    And Glenveagh are such ****s that they'll use this in their next application for housing as a bit of PR to soften people up.

Just reading up on it and the GAA have "partnered up" with Glenveagh so you are probably right. I do think it's a good move in terms of infrastructure etc but if a stadium goes in there it might not be great for residents in terms of noise traffic and congestion etc....hard to know at this early stage what impact it will have

• Registered Users Posts: 10,146 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I don't think residents would be too bothered about a stadium, moreso an attempt to cram housing and appartments into it. Certainly the developers are thinking that they can hardly be told no after setting aside land for Dublin GAA, despite not knowing what that deal encompassed. Fingal can be a pretty brutal council when it comes to planning, and the developers aren't snow white either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

It seems Dublin GAA have bought 23 acres of the 162 acres that Glenveagh owned. Haven't seen an outline of the location of the 23 acres. But from articles online it seems the golf course comprises 140 acres of land. And that land is not zoned for residential. Of the 162 acres that they own it seems only 19 acres are zoned for residential. So we should be seeing the golf course land used for things like sports and recreation. Dublin GAA will just be a small part of it. Still positive news. And the fact the majority of the land is for sports and recreation is better than my original understanding. I thought Glenveagh were going to build residential on the whole golf course land.

Older article outlining golf course acres https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/glenveagh-properties-drives-golf-course-homes-in-dublin-f7qv9l8qh

• Advertisement

koHd wrote: »
    It seems Dublin GAA have bought 23 acres of the 162 acres that Glenveagh owned. Haven't seen an outline of the location of the 23 acres. But from articles online it seems the golf course comprises 140 acres of land. And that land is not zoned for residential. Of the 162 acres that they own it seems only 19 acres are zoned for residential. So we should be seeing the golf course land used for things like sports and recreation. Dublin GAA will just be a small part of it. Still positive news. And the fact the majority of the land is for sports and recreation is better than my original understanding. I thought Glenveagh were going to build residential on the whole golf course land.

Older article outlining golf course acres https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/glenveagh-properties-drives-golf-course-homes-in-dublin-f7qv9l8qh

Ah I didn't notice that.
    They've purchased the club house of the golf course also, so hopefully the GAA own the land south of that towards Bellingsmore and Hollywoodrath (wishful thinking).

The further away the possible apartment development the better.

Ah I didn't notice that.
    They've purchased the club house of the golf course also, so hopefully the GAA own the land south of that towards Bellingsmore and Hollywoodrath (wishful thinking).

The further away the possible apartment development the better.
    Its this unknown that makes me wonder if hollywoodrath is the better investment......so torn on which development to buy in

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭on_the_roots

Has anyone booked an Alder house type in Bellingsmore on 3rd phase?
    Estate Agents said there will be no similar house available for a view before signing contracts and I'm kind of lost to go ahead not having an idea about how that would be in reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lead.eningeer

I am going to move to Bellingsmore next week, I bought the new house for 405K with 4 beds 3 bath on Feb 2021, now the same house is 450K+ above.

I saw old house in hollyhoodrath for 465K with 3beds 2 bath on Jan 2021.

Why old house is soo expensive ?

I am going to move to Bellingsmore next week, I bought the new house for 405K with 4 beds 3 bath on Feb 2021, now the same house is 450K+ above.

I saw old house in hollyhoodrath for 465K with 3beds 2 bath on Jan 2021.

Why old house is soo expensive ?

Probably because that's what the seller can get for it!

Also, check the property price register to see actual sale prices vs what people ask for. The PPR has 17 entries for Hollywoodrath in 2021, the most expensive was 27 HWR Road, which is one of the new build 5 bed detached for €489k ex-VAT (€555k inc-VAT, so about what they go for new - entries on the PPR for new homes are listed ex-VAT 13.5%, whereas VAT does not apply on the sale of 2nd hand homes).

Nothing 2nd hand I can see went for €465k - indeed, only 1 second hand sale, 6 HWR Crescent, for €353,500 registered on 28/4 of this year. Asking had been €340k according to Daft. 3 bed semi-D.

That house originally sold on 26/1/18 for €295k ex-VAT, €335k inc-VAT so not a huge premium for 3 years owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭on_the_roots

The PPR has 17 entries for Hollywoodrath in 2021, the most expensive was 27 HWR Road, which is one of the new build 5 bed detached for €489k ex-VAT (€600k inc-VAT, so about what they go for new - entries on the PPR for new homes are listed ex-VAT unless I'm mistaken, whereas VAT does not apply on the sale of 2nd hand homes).
    Property Price Register does not include VAT.

But VAT on new builds is 13.5%, not 23%.

Property Price Register does not include VAT.

But VAT on new builds is 13.5%, not 23%.

Many thanks and edited the above!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shauntay

Hi,

I could be wrong on this being the reason for the price difference but it could possibly be that Fingal County Council has purchased a large number of houses in Bellingsmore as far I'm aware. You can find exacts on the website.

Glen Veagh seem to work with the council in areas where they build.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shauntay

Fingal County Council have acquired more than 10% of Bellingsmore. This is possibly reflected in the price difference.

Advertisement