Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Inbound and internal An Post Delays

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

Hoboo wrote: »
    Prime day last week + impending lockdown = delays.

I find ordering from UK Amazon through parcel motel gets here quicker, uk delivery to NI is next day, two days at most. And then it's only a matter of hours.

I usually use PM but had no option to this time around via Amazon. My only option was Address Pal, its my first time using them. In fairness the tracker updated overnight so it should be with me today but I find the process quite slowed compared to PM. Not the end of the world either I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 obrien88

This is probably the wrong thread for this, but people here will know the answer.

I ordered something from the US, and according to the tracking, it arrived in Dublin airport on Sunday morning.

How long does it get delayed in the Customs checks before it gets delivered?

I contacted An Post, and they told me that it's probably in customs and that the item doesn't track anymore once it reaches Ireland

Did you receive this as of yet? I had a parcel from us which is stuck on 'departed transfer airport in Dublin, Ireland on 20th, and that was last update

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭themacdaddy

I spoke to a customer rep from AddressPal who told me that items from the UK only come twice a week on flights, on a Wednesday and a Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I spoke to a customer rep from AddressPal who told me that items from the UK only come twice a week on flights, on a Wednesday and a Friday.

Typical half baked AP mindset. If they don't run it regularly people won't use it so then they end up decreasing frequency so less people use it....death spiral.

Nightline can be cowboys *at times* but they visit some Motels thrice in a DAY. It shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭Careful_now!

obrien88 wrote: »
    Did you receive this as of yet? I had a parcel from us which is stuck on 'departed transfer airport in Dublin, Ireland on 20th, and that was last update

I did.

I got it a week after the tracking said it had arrived in Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 obrien88

I did.

I got it a week after the tracking said it had arrived in Dublin

I presume there was no more updates on the usps tracking once it arrived in Dublin?

Hopefully it arrives early this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

ED E wrote: »
    Nightline can be cowboys *at times* but they visit some Motels thrice in a DAY. It shows.

Nightline/Parcel Motel's customer service is bad but thankfully I haven't had reason to contact them in quite a while. I used to use a combination of PM, PW and AP but I use PM almost exclusively now. I had a few bad experiences with Parcel Wizard where parcels disappeared for a week or two or were supposed to be ready for collection at the shop but weren't there. AddressPal is by far the slowest.

I've received 30 parcels through Parcel Motel this year and only one has taken longer than 24 hours to be stored after it was checked-in. I think there were only one or two times a parcel wasn't checked-in by the next day (two days).

They do tend to have bad delays in the Black Friday to Christmas period so I try to avoid them if possible then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 877 ✭✭✭jk23

VG31 wrote: »
    Nightline/Parcel Motel's customer service is bad but thankfully I haven't had reason to contact them in quite a while. I used to use a combination of PM, PW and AP but I use PM almost exclusively now. I had a few bad experiences with Parcel Wizard where parcels disappeared for a week or two or were supposed to be ready for collection at the shop but weren't there. AddressPal is by far the slowest.

I've received 30 parcels through Parcel Motel this year and only one has taken longer than 24 hours to be stored after it was checked-in. I think there were only one or two times a parcel wasn't checked-in by the next day (two days).

They do tend to have bad delays in the Black Friday to Christmas period so I try to avoid them if possible then.

I had a parcel go missing for over a week now. It was delivered to their Belfast depot on the 13th of October. I contacted PM and they are doing a warehouse search? Have you ever had an issue like this and did the parcel turn up?..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,390 ✭✭✭VG31

jk23 wrote: »
    I had a parcel go missing for over a week now. It was delivered to their Belfast depot on the 13th of October. I contacted PM and they are doing a warehouse search? Have you ever had an issue like this and did the parcel turn up?..

I don't remember anything not showing up for that long. I think 5 or 6 days was probably the longest but that was a few years ago.

I had a Parcel Wizard parcel that didn't show up for 2 or 3 weeks. I had forgotten I ordered it so I never actually contacted them.

Could it be missing your PMID? That seems to be the most common cause of delays. It would seem that I'm the only PM customer with my name as I've had a few parcels arrive without my PMID and there was no delay.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭LurkerNo1

An post still have delays that dont make sense. Had to do an Amazon return to the UK and could only use anpost. Sent Thursday and got an email last night to say they received the package and have refunded me. At the exact same time that Thursday a package was sent to Wicklow and it's still sitting somewhere in Dublin. Really poor service as of late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

LurkerNo1 wrote: »
    An post still have delays that dont make sense. Had to do an Amazon return to the UK and could only use anpost. Sent Thursday and got an email last night to say they received the package and have refunded me. At the exact same time that Thursday a package was sent to Wicklow and it's still sitting somewhere in Dublin. Really poor service as of late.

I believe Amazon refund once it's scanned as received by An Post, so probably hasn't been physically received at whatever UK centre it was being returned to.

I believe Amazon refund once it's scanned as received by An Post, so probably hasn't been physically received at whatever UK centre it was being returned to.

No this one was scanned in the UK. It was a specific UK return which I had to pay for. The tracking shows exactly its route and when it was scanned. I have had other Amazon returns as you describe.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭EDit

I’ve found An Post to be quite good this year, despite the restrictions. We’ve ordered a lot of stuff from UK and its taking the same amount of time as it always has done. Stuff from Europe is very slow (it was always slow, but now deliveries from Italy or Spain are taking up to a month) but that isn’t the fault of An Post

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I had an Amazon order due yesterday, which was scanned as "Delivery Attempted" at c. 3pm yesterday with no slip/note.

Another Amazon delivery came this morning, so I asked the postman if he happened to have a second parcel for me & he said no. I explained there was no note etc and he said the scan must have been a lie.

I went back inside, and tried An Post webchat. c. 8-10 mins wait, and I go through. I was told to disregard the "Delivery Attempted" scan as the item is assigned for delivery today; the postman simply didn't have a chance to get out to me yesterday before he had to get back to the depot. I was told it may come out in the afternoon due to staggered work times. The latter point seems odd since a parcel was evidently due to me today, not sure why they didn't consolidate.

Pen Rua wrote: »
    I had an Amazon order due yesterday, which was scanned as "Delivery Attempted" at c. 3pm yesterday with no slip/note.

Another Amazon delivery came this morning, so I asked the postman if he happened to have a second parcel for me & he said no. I explained there was no note etc and he said the scan must have been a lie.

I went back inside, and tried An Post webchat. c. 8-10 mins wait, and I go through. I was told to disregard the "Delivery Attempted" scan as the item is assigned for delivery today; the postman simply didn't have a chance to get out to me yesterday before he had to get back to the depot. I was told it may come out in the afternoon due to staggered work times. The latter point seems odd since a parcel was evidently due to me today, not sure why they didn't consolidate.

I just had another call from An Post, this time dropping off a third (unrelated, non Amazon) parcel which was post marked 27 October and delivered today. It came from Meath... What gives?

Still no sign of the aforementioned Amazon parcel.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Ping2132

Hi just wondering how long after did you revive your package after it had said departed from Dublin airport my package has being stuck if the same thing for over 2 days now no update on tracking and nothing on an post also can I use the same tracking number as I got with usps for an post or how will I get a tracking number for an post

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭flandabieduzie

I posted a package on Tuesday from the Midwest of Ireland to Dublin. Regular post. Lady in the post office said it should arrive the following day. It still hasn't arrived. Should I be worried!? Is this normal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

LurkerNo1 wrote: »
    Don't all Amazon returns go to portlaoise?

As for deliveries, people simply have to accept that there's a pandemic, retailers are closed and every delivery service is under pressure.

Not just here, but all over Europe and many other countries too.

Just wondering did you get your package and did the tracking update

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭BuyersRemorse

I received my package, but there was no update on tracking. It just turned up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭Brianmwalker

Ping2132 wrote: »
    Just wondering did you get your package and did the tracking update

Was updated to say "departed" so I think it's finally left America!

What's the latest An Post has delivered?

I'm still waiting on a package that they've had since last week, and it's a little bizarre.

Wed, 21 October - order placed with Amazon.
    Thurs, 22 October - order ships.
    Fri, 23 October - order arrives into Ireland.
    (weekend)
    Thurs, 29 October - attempted delivery (which in reality was the postman having to go back to depot).
    (weekend)
    Mon, 2 November - out for delivery since 9am and no sign yet.

A little strange! In the interim I've received multiple parcels shipped via An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

Really peed off with them.
    They’ve had my parcel stuck as “ Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12” since October 28th now....almost a whole week without a single update to the tracking status. I wouldn’t mind but the parcel was posted in Dublin and only coming as far as Cork.
    Suppose I’ll have to contact them tomorrow and see what the story is.

What's the latest An Post has delivered?

I'm still waiting on a package that they've had since last week, and it's a little bizarre.

Wed, 21 October - order placed with Amazon.
    Thurs, 22 October - order ships.
    Fri, 23 October - order arrives into Ireland.
    (weekend)
    Thurs, 29 October - attempted delivery (which in reality was the postman having to go back to depot).
    (weekend)
    Mon, 2 November - out for delivery since 9am and no sign yet.

A little strange! In the interim I've received multiple parcels shipped via An Post.

... and no sign of the parcel yesterday either. Really strange! That's twice it's been out and didn't make it as far as me.

Mr rebel wrote: »
    Really peed off with them.
    They’ve had my parcel stuck as “ Your delivery has been sorted in DUBLIN PARCEL HUB, DUBLIN 12” since October 28th now....almost a whole week without a single update to the tracking status. I wouldn’t mind but the parcel was posted in Dublin and only coming as far as Cork.
    Suppose I’ll have to contact them tomorrow and see what the story is.

The live webchat can sometimes be helpful - especially if you get in early.

I've just been told there are severe backlogs in Cork at the minute.

Over a month to reply to an email about a delayed package, customer service is gone down the toilet. I still see they are selling Express Post.

Was updated to say "departed" so I think it's finally left America!

My package has being stuck on departed dublin airpor since last week and has no update anyone any idea whats going on and when I should recive it and if the tracking will update

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mr rebel

The live webchat can sometimes be helpful - especially if you get in early.

I've just been told there are severe backlogs in Cork at the minute.

Thanks, yeah fortunately it was finally delivered this morning!

Mr rebel wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah fortunately it was finally delivered this morning!

Ah - great.

My parcel is still MIA. Oh well. A little tiresome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Gally79

hi

My friend sent me a letter from austria(standard post) on monday the 4th of october.
    It's still not here.
    the austria post website says it's supoosed to take 5 business working days usually.
    Is anyone one else experiencing a delay from austria or central european country?

I am also expecting a package from Austria, it has been posted on the 22nd October 2020 however according to Austrian tracking it has left the country but no update since. Cant believe it can take that long between 2 European countries. I've had post arriving from the US in less than a week.

Advertisement