Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stove glass repair?

• 02-11-2020 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Anyone know of anywhere near Tuam that would replace the glass of a stove for us? Or if we bought the glass itself does anyone know of anyone who could fit it for us? Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

What model stove is this?

Possibly you can replace yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gosh_idiots

biko wrote: »
    What model stove is this?

Possibly you can replace yourself

Sorry, I meant stove as in fireplace stove! Thanks tho!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Ah :D

Ring "Fireplaces of Elegance", Tuam Road, Galway city.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭micks_address

if its glass from stove door then your stove supplier should have it in stock. Our stove is a stanley cara inser and we have had a couple of glasses crack over the years for no apparent reason.. i think the suppliers are obliged to stock spares of all models.. for our stove its about 60 euro.. its a special glass so id stick with supplier if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Not too far from Tuam.
    Huge range of stoves.
    Should be able to help.

http://www.gordonheatingsupplies.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Also, just remembered Tuam Heating and Plumbing.
    They are in Tuam itself.

Thanks everyone! Appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

great place they do restorations and service should help you out but are very busy this time of year

great place they do restorations and service should help you out but are very busy this time of year

Cheers... Couldn't get through on the phone and dropped them a message a few days ago but they never got back to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭bertiebomber

Cheers... Couldn't get through on the phone and dropped them a message a few days ago but they never got back to me!

unfortunately they are flat out this time of year pre Xmas

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

The Stove People in Wexford are gr8 to dispatch stuff. We had to replace glass and other small bits twice and got sorted through them. Philip is the man to contact.

The Stove People in Wexford are gr8 to dispatch stuff. We had to replace glass and other small bits twice and got sorted through them. Philip is the man to contact.

I'll defo give them a look! Thank you!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,386 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I went to Greaney Glass in Carnmore a few years ago for replacement stove glass. They cut it to size for me. Fitted it myself, it’s very straightforward. I got the required heat-resistant “rope” and glue etc in Walsh’s heating and plumbing on the Tuam road.

Advertisement