Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

HalloWalrus - Necro's House of Horrors

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,812 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Not a single trick or treater, oh well eating sweets until I puke

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 11th place with 10 points:
    LeVar

All Time Low - Toxic Valentine

Have I heard of this song: No

Megan Fox is outrageously beautiful. Jennifer’s Body is a bit meh though. Again, this band was entered into my previous Walrus and I enjoyed that track, but I didn’t get the same vibe off this one.

Still good, but doesn’t just have the oomph I was hoping for.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Necro wrote: »
    In 13th Place with 8 points:

JP Liz V1

I Put A Spell On You by Bette Midler from Hocus Pocus

Have I heard of this song: Yes

Great movie Hocus Pocus. Really enjoyed this entry, clever picking.
    Not a big SJP fan but she was super hot in that film ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

71yJUnBqiiL._AC_SS350_.jpg
    ?

In 14th place with 7 points:
    Homer J. Fong
    Q Lazzarus - Goodbye Horses

I struggled with placing this one in all honesty as it fits the movie it’s from perfectly when used but I’m not sure I’m gone on it as a standalone track.

Still, it’s given me an urge to rewatch Lambs and that’s always good right?

Literally only heard it for the first time yesterday: Googled "pop songs used in horror movies", listened to a few of the suggestions and this was the best/least worst of the lot. So really not emotionally attached enough yet to care about where it placed! :p

Very happy with two 6th places in the other rounds though, better than I had expected! :pac:

But yeah, I probably should watch Silence of the Lambs at some point.

• Advertisement

Not a big SJP fan but she was super hot in that film ;)
    Didn't know that was her until now :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

But yeah, I probably should watch Silence of the Lambs at some point.
    Definitely! Cracking film
    Great book too

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

In 10th place with 11 points:
    Beakerjoe

Huey Lewis and the News - Hip to be Square

Very upbeat track and thus does well amidst some of the more gloomy songs submitted. Nice picking.

In 9th place with 12 points
    Mustang shelly

John Williams - Jaws Theme

This is just a classic. It’s so iconic it really couldn’t go much lower. I think the effects are lost a little bit without the movie but it’s still an amazing piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭Irish Aris

What films are the songs from?
    AC/DC was Maximum Overdrive?
    Nick cave Scream i think.

I think you are correct on both.
    and Q Lazzarus from Silence of the Lambs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Levar and BJ mid table.. **** just got real!

In 8th place with 13 points:
    S1ippy

Sweeney Todd – Epiphany

I’m a huge fan of horror and a huge fan of musicals and YET I have never seen Sweeney Todd. I plan to rectify that this evening. Good choice this one.

In 7th place, with 14 points:

$hifty

John Carpenter - Halloween Main Theme

Another iconic piece from an iconic movie. Top quality and well worthy of it’s positioning here.

In 6th place with 15 points
    The purple tin

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad moon Rising

What a track. I love CCR so this was always going to do well but this one is on point and on theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

The final table will be interesting now. Oooh the tension.

Put a spell on you. TUUUNE

Musicals usually bore me but Sweeney Todd is one of the very few I watched all the way through and enjoyed

In 5th Place with 16 points
    Electric Nitwit

Hush - Kula Shaker

I mean what isn’t to like about this oldy (and goody). Great choice and just fits with my mood well on listening. After all the sombre and moody songs this is a shining light in the darkness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Trigger wrote: »
    Levar and BJ mid table.. **** just got real!

Yours to lose now Trig. If my sums are right, myself, beaker, and purple are all tied, and you're the only one who can catch us up...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

In 7th place, with 14 points:

$hifty

John Carpenter - Halloween Main Theme

Another iconic piece from an iconic movie. Top quality and well worthy of it’s positioning here.
    LOL I think I sent a pm saying "hope you enjoy listening to about 20 submissions of the Halloween theme".

You SCHOOLED me!

...this is a shining light in the darkness :D
    Just like me :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

In 5th Place with 16 points
    Electric Nitwit

Hush - Kula Shaker

I mean what isn’t to like about this oldy (and goody). Great choice and just fits with my mood well on listening. After all the sombre and moody songs this is a shining light in the darkness :D

This shoukd win. EPIC TUNE

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Damn, nearly went with Kula Shaker... would've sealed the win for me if I had... Good shout EN

And so we come to our remaining 6 – BUT actually 7 for the FINAL time. Nervous times for…
    Tusk
    ShaneU
    Irish Aris
    Trigger
    MicksJaguar
    Reberetta
    Rikand

beakerjoe wrote: »
    This shoukd win. EPIC TUNE
    Damn, nearly went with Kula Shaker... would've sealed the win for me if I had... Good shout EN
    Listen to the people Neccers! :p

In 17th place with 4 points
    tusk
    tubular bells part 1 – mike oldfield

LOL, he goes for it again. Is it weird I was never gone on The Exorcist? Maybe why this iconic piece doesn’t resonate with me, even the original with lack of dubstep doesn’t change my opinion unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Yours to lose now Trig. If my sums are right, myself, beaker, and purple are all tied, and you're the only one who can catch us up...

Ffs did you have to tell me that!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

In 17th place with 4 points
    tusk
    tubular bells part 1 – mike oldfield

LOL, he goes for it again. Is it weird I was never gone on The Exorcist? Maybe why this iconic piece doesn’t resonate with me, even the original with lack of dubstep doesn’t change my opinion unfortunately.

the exorcist is a **** movie. but the choon is immense

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

no joke, i nearly submitted it thrice

In 3rd place with 17 points:
    Rikand

The Small Faces - Itchycoo Park

It’s like what I said about Hush, these songs just cast aside the gloom and pick me up after a rather trialling few days, and I don't just mean this contest :o Great choice, that chorus is amazeballs.

• Advertisement

If you listened to my song without the scene from the movie it's probably last, if you watched the scene it should be first :D

Advertisement